Quote Originally Posted by Nelliebly View Post
I never said it didn’t have meaning. I bought my husband a Superman/Lois Lane “happy birthday Husband” birthday card from Target. It had plenty of meaning to me personally. But it has literally nothing to do with the future success of the Superman franchise anymore than cheap Superman/WW pajama sets do. This isn’t how WB decides how to run their billion dollar media franchises.

I hate SM/WW and I’ve bought Superman and Wonder Woman pjs for my niece and nephew. I only have a son but if I had a daughter I might do the same. Because it’s a male/female binary. (A dying concept anyway.) Siblings wearing Superman/WW pajamas is not some grand statement on the power of anything other than that’s just what they sell at Wal-Mart.
Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
It's marketable because it's a male/female superhero set. Not because it's some grand statement about love and marriage. And the market for that type of stuff just isn't significant compared to the individual licensing. I dressed my son and daughter up in Superman and Wonder Woman gear, does that mean I want them to be siblings? Realistically it's not the indicator it's played off to be.
Quote Originally Posted by Nelliebly View Post
I bought Superman and WW pjs for my niece and nephew. I guess that means I want them to get married or something. LOL. Or, it means, I like Superman and Wonder Woman as concepts and thought the Pjs were cute.

Male/female binary.

Wonder Woman is, of course, bisexual so it’s offensive that she’s only ever marketed in a male/female binary but better leave that for another day.
So if something has meaning to YOU personally, that doesn’t give the right to dismiss what something means to others. It isn’t “cheap”. That’s still the negative connotation and being dismissive.

The grand statement is that the pair goes far and beyond to different markets. It is significant given what it means to those certain people. The statement Superman and Wonder Woman set as individuals does have some type of connection whatever it may be. They are equally represented in a positive way of inspiration whether it’s a couple, kids, or an entire family even to the grandparents, doesn’t matter age, ethnicity, nor gender.

Example of said marketability: https://www.spirithalloween.com/prod...E&gclsrc=aw.ds

“Every Superman needs a Wonder Woman by his side! Now, you can be next to each other without having to leave! These adorable union suit robes are the perfect way to never lose your snuggle buddy!”