Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
Yeah! I took it literally. I mean, that panel with jon seemed metallic.
I guess it's just the art style. The panel with him floating in the apartment was also at end of DKIII and he wasn't metallic there.

So, i thought it might be connected to the Golden superman thing. If the buddha comparison is a blunt as Jesus/moses comparison to clark. Then i could see a story coming together.
Siddhartha's father was a very powerful man like clark is. Birth of the Siddhartha was a little weird to say the least. Suffice to say Siddhartha's father tried to sheild him from all worldly miseries with his might. But, Siddhartha's ventures out comes to know about death and diseases. It torments him and he decides to find an answer for it. He became shakyamuni. He attained enlightenment with slght assist from sujata.
So, i imagined this to be story like that with clark and jon.
Miller's comparison to Buddha was just about the kid floating and being magical. I didn't read much into it.

"He really sort of developed as a little floating Buddha, someone who when he wasn’t even a toddler yet was speaking in full sentences and had an understanding of events that surpassed anybody else’s. He’s the most magical member of the family."

https://ew.com/books/2019/09/13/fran...-golden-child/