It is quite unfortunate that there are some individuals whose only intent it seems is to derail the conversation through blatant misrepresentation and hyperbole.

Nevertheless, I am anticipating this book and I am curious to see where it will go.

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post

Yeah! I took it literally. I mean, that last panel with jon seemed metallic. So, i thought it might be connected to the Golden superman thing. If the buddha comparison is a blunt as Jesus/moses comparison to clark. Then i could see a story coming together.
Siddhartha's father was a very powerful man like clark is. Birth of the Siddhartha was a little weird to say the least. Suffice to say Siddhartha's father tried to sheild him from all worldly miseries with his might. But, Siddhartha's ventures out comes to know about death and diseases. It torments him and he decides to find an answer for it. He became shakyamuni. He attained enlightenment with slght assist from sujata.

So, i imagined this to be story like that with clark and jon.
This sounds very interesting. Makes me even more curious as to where Miller is leaning towards with the Buddha reference regarding young Jon. I want to see how he explores this Golden Child and the reasoning given for such a title.