Page 14 of 20 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415161718 ... LastLast

It is quite unfortunate that there are some individuals whose only intent it seems is to derail the conversation through blatant misrepresentation and hyperbole.

Nevertheless, I am anticipating this book and I am curious to see where it will go.

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post

Yeah! I took it literally. I mean, that last panel with jon seemed metallic. So, i thought it might be connected to the Golden superman thing. If the buddha comparison is a blunt as Jesus/moses comparison to clark. Then i could see a story coming together.
    Siddhartha's father was a very powerful man like clark is. Birth of the Siddhartha was a little weird to say the least. Suffice to say Siddhartha's father tried to sheild him from all worldly miseries with his might. But, Siddhartha's ventures out comes to know about death and diseases. It torments him and he decides to find an answer for it. He became shakyamuni. He attained enlightenment with slght assist from sujata.

So, i imagined this to be story like that with clark and jon.
    This sounds very interesting. Makes me even more curious as to where Miller is leaning towards with the Buddha reference regarding young Jon. I want to see how he explores this Golden Child and the reasoning given for such a title.

Superfan Through The Ages BBally's Avatar

Well, at least the art looks better than the sloppy artwork in both the DKSB and Holy Terror, which along with ASBAR were his 3 worst works. Miller seems to be on a comeback swing since Master Race turned out well.
    No matter how many reboots, new origins, reinterpretations or suit redesigns. In the end, he will always be SUPERMAN

Credit for avatar goes to zclark

I am not interested in the DKR Millerverse, and haven't really followed much of it since the original DKR, but this seems to be so out there like I would expect an AU to do that I may check it out.

Quote Originally Posted by LadyP View Post
    It is quite unfortunate that there are some individuals whose only intent it seems is to derail the conversation through blatant misrepresentation and hyperbole.

Nevertheless, I am anticipating this book and I am curious to see where it will go.

This sounds very interesting. Makes me even more curious as to where Miller is leaning towards with the Buddha reference regarding young Jon. I want to see how he explores this Golden Child and the reasoning given for such a title.
    Well said. I'm also looking forward to it. I'm curious to see how exactly Clark and Diana go about raising Jon (and what's happened over the last 3 years) and how Clark has possibly calmed Lara down ... also I can't wait to see the variant covers.

Quote Originally Posted by BBally View Post
    ... Miller seems to be on a comeback swing since Master Race turned out well.
    Xerxes was really good too

Quote Originally Posted by BBally View Post
    Well, at least the art looks better than the sloppy artwork in both the DKSB and Holy Terror, which along with ASBAR were his 3 worst works. Miller seems to be on a comeback swing since Master Race turned out well.
    Well, the art isn't by Miller, first of all. Second, Grampa is a legitimately amazing illustrator.

I personally thought, while the politics were disgusting, Holy Terror was Miller's best art since Sin City vol. 4-5. (I also think Miller's work has really suffered in the coloring department since Varley stopped working with him.)

Same here. I disagreed with some of the content of Holy Terror but thought the visuals were quite breathtaking. No one paints stormy nights like Miller. I'm personally hoping his variant cover for Golden Child might feature Clark and Diana in a stormy night setting

COMIC BOOK LEGEND FRANK MILLER TALKS "CURSED," HIS NEW DARK NOVEL WITH THOMAS WHEELER

Miller is mostly promoting his book and upcoming Netflix series, “Cursed” so skip to Skip to 13:00 mark...

Miller talks about Year One. Praises for Superman as a character. Compliments Romita Jr. for his work there and Rafael Grampá who is working on Golden Child. He says we will love Jon and Lara. It’s implied he isn’t done with the DK universe as well as welcoming other writers/artists to continue to expand the verse. At the end, he also implied even though Batman has emerged as #1 hero of the superhero mythology over time, he wants Superman to be put back at the top.

https://www.buildseries.com/video/5d...cad70d01b960e/

Thanks for sharing the interview. Definitely worth watching. It provides cool insight into Miller's creative process. Awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by LoveStar View Post
    COMIC BOOK LEGEND FRANK MILLER TALKS "CURSED," HIS NEW DARK NOVEL WITH THOMAS WHEELER

Miller is mostly promoting his book and upcoming Netflix series, “Cursed” so skip to Skip to 13:00 mark...

Miller talks about Year One. Praises for Superman as a character. Compliments Romita Jr. for his work there and Rafael Grampá who is working on Golden Child. He says we will love Jon and Lara. It’s implied he isn’t done with the DK universe as well as welcoming other writers/artists to continue to expand the verse. At the end, he also implied even though Batman has emerged as #1 hero of the superhero mythology over time, he wants Superman to be put back at the top.

Since Golden Child seems to be an in-between story like The Last Crusade was I’m not surprised this isn’t the end. There will most likely be a DKR4.

Ah thanks. It's very good to see Frank looking so healthy and he seems so relaxed. Interesting interview. I notice Frank always pays respect and mentions Neal Adams and how much he helped him and many artists in many interviews. It says a lot about the guy's gratitude and loyalty to another giant of the industry. The people working on the DK verse, well I got to say, it's a fine line up of creators, so far, when you think about them. Miller, Azzarello, Kubert, Romita, Janson, now Grampa. The artists all have this energetic kind of art that fits into the DK verse. Very keen to see what Grampa brings.

"At the end, he also implied even though Batman has emerged as #1 hero of the superhero mythology over time, he wants Superman to be put back at the top."

And he hasn't helped the Superman cause..

Quote Originally Posted by stargazer01 View Post
    "At the end, he also implied even though Batman has emerged as #1 hero of the superhero mythology over time, he wants Superman to be put back at the top."

And he hasn't helped the Superman cause..
    That sounds like the sort of thing most writers might say or consider saying when they're trying to sell a Superman story. Sounds cynical and pessimistic, but it's also Marketing 101: your subject material is inherently interesting and worth your attention.

Quote Originally Posted by hellacre View Post
    Ah thanks. It's very good to see Frank looking so healthy and he seems so relaxed. Interesting interview. I notice Frank always pays respect and mentions Neal Adams and how much he helped him and many artists in many interviews. It says a lot about the guy's gratitude and loyalty to another giant of the industry. The people working on the DK verse, well I got to say, it's a fine line up of creators, so far, when you think about them. Miller, Azzarello, Kubert, Romita, Janson, now Grampa. The artists all have this energetic kind of art that fits into the DK verse. Very keen to see what Grampa brings.
    I can’t wait for more of Grampá’s art!

The mindset of this verse has changed because of the intention on expanding. It’s not Batman’s misguided, cynical POV, Miller is trying to “course correct” and give other characters’ POV. It’s not perfect but the ideas are there and is interesting.

I can’t wait for more of Grampá’s art!

The mindset of this verse has changed because of the intention on expanding. It’s not Batman’s misguided, cynical POV, Miller is trying to “course correct” and give other characters’ POV. It’s not perfect but the ideas are there and is interesting.
    So many blanks to fill. Esp if Year One is part of DK verse. That finally gives you a timeline and why some things are the way they are. I would like Azzarello to pick up the DK verse again if they are going to do more if Miller is to allow others to play in his sandbox. He is a good fit after the way he did Master Race. I like how he did Lara and Diana. He also was on record to say he liked writing Lara and we know he does very good by Diana. Also he debuted Jonathan as a baby. I am not sure who else at DC atm I would want on the DK verse writing wise apart from Azz. It is not a fluffy verse and I like that about it. I am very curious now to hear and see Jonathan's persona as we have met Lara and Carrie already.
    Last edited by hellacre; 10-02-2019 at 09:30 AM.

All-New Member

I'm excited for this series. I loved DKIII and I was hoping for more additions to really explore the new world, and see how a more emotionally healthy batman interacts with Superman. I think Supes from the first two installments gets a bad rap, He was caught in the middle trying to protect the world without taking it over, and stuck under Luthor's thumb with Kandor held hostage. Clark was saving people's lives and fighting a never ending battle while Bruce sat in hid mansion depressed for 10 years. People keep bringing up how Batman kicks superman ass in this franchise but he wasn't really fighting back or fighting at all in the second volume. DKR Superman is severely weakened from a nuclear explosion and is more concerned with Bruce's heart then taking him in. One of the reasons I like The Master Race so much is it establishes the -what I thought was obvious- fact that Clark could have taken down Bruce at any point, but didn't because he wanted batman to have a chance.