Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    Didn’t DC sign frank miller to a contract recently where has to write a number of books for them. I think DK4 could be possible. Not that I’m interested in that or this one shot.
    I don't know, I'm kind of interested in this one shot purely because I love Carrie Kelley who'll be in it, and the fact it is a one shot. I've heard the last one was okay. Plus Superman Year One isn't that bad, so maybe he won't futz up on the Super-characters. Maybe.

I think DKR4 is possible. Didn't Frank say he wanted to do another chapter to finish it out because he felt like the guy who helped in Master Race did too much and Frank wants to end it with something that's a 100% him? Or did I get that wrong somewhere?

That is some major Quitely inspiration. This particular artist doesn't ring major bells othewrise, but intriguing.

Whole thing looks very interesting. Lara herself is very socially awkward, at least to me, seeing how a relationship develops with her brother should be pretty cool.

Although I will say for this tale it seems like the "Dark Knight Returns" title should be dropped. He's really shifting toward his verison of the Super mythos here. Or use it as a subtitle now; a "A Dark Knight Returns Tale" or something like that with a different main title.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 09-13-2019 at 12:32 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    That is some major Quitely inspiration. This particular artist doesn't ring major bells othewrise, but intriguing.

Whole thing looks very interesting. Lara herself is very socially awkward, at least to me, seeing how a relationship develops with her brother should be pretty cool.

Although I will say for this tale it seems like the "Dark Knight Returns" title should be dropped. He's really shifting toward his verison of the Super mythos here. Or use it as a subtitle now; a "A Dark Knight Returns Tale" or something like that with a different main title.
    I agree with you, but like Man_Of_Tomorrow said it’s almost certainly to do with $$$. It’s kind of funny that Miller is basically just writing the Supermythos but taking the Bat-characters along.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    I don't know, I'm kind of interested in this one shot purely because I love Carrie Kelley who'll be in it, and the fact it is a one shot. I've heard the last one was okay. Plus Superman Year One isn't that bad, so maybe he won't futz up on the Super-characters. Maybe.

I think DKR4 is possible. Didn't Frank say he wanted to do another chapter to finish it out because he felt like the guy who helped in Master Race did too much and Frank wants to end it with something that's a 100% him? Or did I get that wrong somewhere?

The DK III was more popular than the DK II precisely because most of the work was done by Azzarello. Miller writes Superman: Year One and this comic has already been called the worst Superman comic strip and many negative reviews. Even on DCSuperman's Twitter page, this comic received mostly negative reviews. And apparently because of this, DC did not post the question "What do you think of Superman: Year One on the Superman page on Facebook. On Facebook, this comic also has only negative reviews. After active advertising and assurances that the DK III is the last comic in the series, with the release of DK IV, DC will again put themselves in a bad light.

Quote Originally Posted by _Beautiful_Temptress_ View Post
    The DK III was more popular than the DK II precisely because most of the work was done by Azzarello. Miller writes Superman: Year One and this comic has already been called the worst Superman comic strip and many negative reviews. Even on DCSuperman's Twitter page, this comic received mostly negative reviews. And apparently because of this, DC did not post the question "What do you think of Superman: Year One on the Superman page on Facebook. On Facebook, this comic also has only negative reviews. After active advertising and assurances that the DK III is the last comic in the series, with the release of DK IV, DC will again put themselves in a bad light.
    So basically even if Frank Miller wants to do a DK4 just to feel like he got the last word in his mythos, DC wouldn't let him?

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I agree with you, but like Man_Of_Tomorrow said it’s almost certainly to do with $$$. It’s kind of funny that Miller is basically just writing the Supermythos but taking the Bat-characters along.
    True, true. And I guess looking at the cover its pretty much utilizing the subtitle idea anyway, just reversed. Just a minor quibble either way anyway.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by _Beautiful_Temptress_ View Post
    Sold pretty well though. #4 for dollars invoiced last month.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    Didn’t DC sign frank miller to a contract recently where has to write a number of books for them. I think DK4 could be possible. Not that I’m interested in that or this one shot.
    DC signed an exclusive 5 project deal (including at least 2 original book projects) with Frank Miller :

https://www.publishersweekly.com/pw/...ok-market.html

• Superman Year One.
    • an untitled Carrie Kelley (YA graphic novel) with art by Ben Caldwell.
    • TDK : The Golden Child.
    • 2 original titles.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    So basically even if Frank Miller wants to do a DK4 just to feel like he got the last word in his mythos, DC wouldn't let him?
    A huge number of negative reviews and the fact that almost everyone hates Miller, the answer to the question is yes. The fact that there was already a moment in which the DC comic book advertisement was false and they were convicted of a lie. They are unlikely to step on the same rake.

The problem is everything you're saying is continually based upon reckless projections. Has it gotten bad reviews? Yes. Has it ONLY gotten bad reviews? No. Does everyone hate Miller? No, of course not. His books are still selling. That's all DC cares about.

You obviously don't care for his work. Fair enough. If its not for you, fine. I don't get the mission to make it out though these books being published is some sort of empirical mistake, pretending like its universally hated, like DC doesn't even really want to be publishing them and such nonsense conspiracy theories. You just don't like it. That's all there is to this.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Sold pretty well though. #4 for dollars invoiced last month.
    The comic is not even in Top 10. Although it is actively advertised. DK II, which is the most hated comic in Top 10. Even the reaction on the SDCC on this comic also confirms that Superman: Year One is the worst Superman comic. Almost everyone hates this comic.

I hate the Quitely style of art and I really think Miller should have done this separately from The Dark Knight Returns universe but whatever. Let's see how this goes.
    Last edited by Conn Seanery; 09-13-2019 at 05:21 PM.
    "If you're afraid - don't do it - and if you're doing it - don't be afraid!" - Genghis Khan

BANNED

The criticism of Miller is both complex and valid and goes far beyond whatever woman he inflicts his misogyny on in whatever he’s writing at the moment. I think most people who actually like and care about Lois are pretty thrilled that he rarely uses her and, certainly, the criticism of him and his work goes far beyond her.

I can’t stand Miller or anything he touches. I also, quite frankly, think the language used about Superman and Wonder Woman’s offspring is continually creepy and continues to have allusions to eugenics.

The criticism that surrounds Miller isn’t going anywhere, remains valid and is will continue to be part of the dialogue so long as DC employs him. That’s a bed he’s made himself.
    Last edited by Nelliebly; 09-13-2019 at 05:28 PM.

Been waiting on this for months! Very very intriguing.

I can't wait to see Grampa's pencils colored.

I dig seeing that Carrie and Lara are the new World's Finest.

And Jonathan. He is the one I am most interested in. I need to see what his abilities and persona is like!

This is so on my pull list.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."