Mighty Member

Default Some remarks about Young Justice (REBIRTH)

Hello,
    I have some remarks about Young Justice 2019.
    As I heard that Young Justice will come back I was a fan of it, but then I got sceptical and I dont understand where it will lead the team to.

1. TIMELINE

I think nobody knows what its still in the actual timeline or not.
    So its also unclear if IC happened etc.
    I hope that they will bring IC back or so, because it would be strange especially in Conners Case, because it was his biggest moment and a crucial part of his history.

2. AGE
    I hoped that Conner,Cassie,Bart would come back at the age of 21 or so.
    I dont know what the direction will be or the purpose of the team, since there are now Wallace West,Jonathan Samuel Kent who are roughly at the same age.

3. TEAM-NAME:
    I dont like that they took their old team-name.
    I would have prefered a new Team-Name, because Young Justice stands for me for the beginning of their careers.

4. CODE-NAMES:
    I personally would have liked that Cassie,Conner would have taken new Code-Names, to show that they have outgrown the old Code-Names.

5. COME-BACK
    I didnt like the way they came back.
    I would have prefered a more spectacular return and then a short first arc at which at the end they meet their Ex-Mentors and reveal themselves.
    A good situation for this would have been as Superman was attacked by the Superman Revenge Team and was saved by Konan,Luthor,Supergirl....
    It would have been cool if the Conner,Cassie,Tim... would have saved him and then leave without saying anything.

6. DIRECTION OF THE TEAM:
    I dont understand the direction of the team.
    I would have LOVED if they came back in a spectacular fashion like described above, with new Code-Names to show that they dont need any connection to their mentors anymore, because they have become heroes on their own.
    So it would have also been better for Jonathan,Wallace,Damian...to take over the old Code-Names of Bart, Conner and Tim.

So they could have been the age-class between Teen Titans and Titans.
    Be the first generation who steps out of the shadow of the JL and their mentors.
    So be a team who isnt controlled by the JL anymore.

6. TEAM-MEMBERS:

a) TEEN LANTERN
    I think that Teen Lantern is a cool new member and she is something what the team also needed, because their generation never had a lantern.
    I also like her personality, she is funny and I loved the talk between her and the older Version of Hal Jordan.
    She is a perfect addition, but I would have prefered an older version of her.

b) HEX
    I am not a fan of Hex in the team.
    I mean she is the weakest member of the team and I also dont understand how she will fit into the team.
    I dont know what they will do with her, I mean she has firearms which I dont think will be accepted by the JL especially Batman and she doesnt seem to have Martial Arts Skills or something else.

I dont understand why they didnt bring back MIA DEARDEN instead of her.
    Mia was a part of their team and she as archer with martial arts skills would fit way better into the team.

c) AMETHYST
    I dont know what to think about her.
    In Pre-Flashpoint she had Magic Skills, but I dont know if she still has them.
    If yes she would be a great addition to the team.

(POSSIBLE) FUTURE TEAM-UPS:

a) NAOMI
    Never read anything with her, just read about her powers and I dont know what to think about her.
    I only found: Invulnerability,Super-Strenght,Energy Blasts....which I am not sure about it.
    I mean I would have prefered someone who has powers which are more extraordinary.
    But maybe she gets more powers....

b) DIAL H FOR HERO
    I am not interested in it...

c) WONDER TWINS
    Sorry, also not interested in them....

d) ARROWETTE
    I liked her, but she quit being a hero and I dont think that she trained afterwards.

7. Personal Conclusion:

I was happy when I heard that Conner,Cassie,Bart...would come back, but at the moment I am disappointed by the run.
    I would have prefered to let them come back at the age of 21, being an undercover team since the beginning of Rebirth.
    Then as they come back regroup with some members of their Teen Titans or Ravers Team-Up.

I am disappointed by the actual team-up and by the possible future Team-Members.

I would have prefered members like:

RAVEN
    BLUE BEETLE (JAMIE)
    MIA DEARDEN
    TRACI 13
    STATIC
    SPARX
    AURA
    HAWK DOVE
    BOMSHELL
    GEO-FORCE
    TERRA
    VIXEN
    etc.

they were already introduced in Pre-Flashpoint and I see them as better members than other possible future additions.

It would have been cool to see YJ as older team, who stepped out of the shadow of the JL, act independent of them and show this by taking up Code-Names who dont include Super-,Flash-,Wonder-...
    It would have been cool to see a team who isnt afraid to also argue with the JL/their former mentors and also see their errors.

I REALLY hope that the YJ will also appear in other Comic Series and dont be only in their "Universe with their Storylines", but also be a crucial part in the big Events etc.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Jon isn't going to be staying this age. He is being aged up, again. From the looks of it bendis is telling an orgin story for the new man of tomorrow. He pretty much foreshadowed jon taking over as superman, in latest superman issue.if 5G thing is correct. Jon will no longer be able to be superboy, anymore. So, there won't be much age conflict between conner and jon. Jon will be the older one.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    Jon isn't going to be staying this age. He is being aged up, again. From the looks of it bendis is telling an orgin story for the new man of tomorrow. He pretty much foreshadowed jon taking over as superman, in latest superman issue.if 5G thing is correct. Jon will no longer be able to be superboy, anymore. So, there won't be much age conflict between conner and jon. Jon will be the older one.
    I know that and this wasnt also the main point of my remarks.

It would have been cool to see a generation who acts independent of the JL and also dont use the Flash-,Super-,Wonder-...Codenames anymore..

I dont see the point in them being YJ again, especially now when TT are around.