View Poll Results: Should they change Magneto's race

Voters
186. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes: Make him Black

    38 20.43%
  • No: Keep him Jewish White

    148 79.57%
Page 32 of 45 FirstFirst ... 2228293031323334353642 ... LastLast
Results 466 to 480 of 667
  1. #466
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    820

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post


    But now we’re discussing introducing X-Men as over 30 superpowered agents. Secretive MiB where everyone is Agent X.
    Until that fateful day they slip up and reveal themselves to the world causing the very mutant hysteria they've been trying to avoid.

  2. #467
    Astonishing Member CRaymond's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    4,123

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shades of eternity View Post
    Until that fateful day they slip up and reveal themselves to the world causing the very mutant hysteria they've been trying to avoid.
    BINGO.
    10/char

  3. #468
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    434

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    I mean, I think this is likely being set up to Go Horribly Wrong in some way in the next few years, so...
    This is the general idea for how things will unfold. It's not lost on me.

  4. #469
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    820

    Default

    At the risk of reopening this thread, I'll show you exactly whom I want for Magneto.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ICnUJl0t0Xw

    A goofy little man whom listens to you on your worst day, is a unapologetic sjw whom will fight for you and somebody you can respect .

    Then you see his dark side and it terrifies you.

  5. #470
    Astonishing Member CRaymond's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    4,123

    Default

    Stunt casting like that should be outlawed!

    Because got damn got damn America ain’t ready.

  6. #471
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    820

    Default

    on second thought, maybe not exactly him.

    I love Jon Stewart's work, but he might not be able to flip to terrifying and he makes fun of his own works pretty hard.

    But that's the idea. You see these pictures of a demi-god of mutants that are larger then life, filled with myths of how he did this or that (good and bad) and a lot of it might be exaggerated.

    You then approach this stubby little old man named Michael Xavier who, despite sometimes playing the heavy seems like he really cares and is likable and funny at the academy.

    Then one day, you find out this goofy little man is one of the greatest mutant activists/terrorists of all time.

    He should feel like the doctor from doctor who in character: amusing one moment, terrifying the next.

  7. #472
    Astonishing Member CRaymond's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    4,123

    Default

    What you’re describing is a Magneto allowed to age and transition into an elder.

  8. #473
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    820

    Default

    It's a new spin that fixes the biggest complaints (too old, too long ago), and plays true to the character.

    It's also a hell of a ticking time bomb.

    What happens when the Avengers find out that "Magneto is running a secret cell of mutant child soldiers"? I'm guessing overreaction and a hell of a battle (I got my opinions of what the roster should be, but will leave it for now).

    Then Magneto tells why he's been running the school: I promised a friend.

    after showing off his ludicrous powerset (because Magneto backed up by x-men should be an Avengers level threat), it should be the event and possibly an avengers level movie.

    Plus if Magneto goes willingly to court to atone for his crimes, we get that legendary court room scene that acts as the spark for anti-mutant hysteria.

    and if you need to change Magneto back to heel, you can honestly have him say "I tried" before using a macguffin of some sort to deage himself (and switch actors).

  9. #474
    Incredible Member ClanAskani's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    527

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Overlord View Post
    Do you think really think Jewish groups really care about what Magneto's origin is in the MCU film? Do you honestly think a fictional murderous supervillain back story is important to anyone besides some fanboys? No one outside of these types of message boards cares that much about Magneto's back story and if they change it, the only people who will care are people who write clickbait articles. There will be no big outcry beside from the usual fanboys.
    Disney currently is having to deal with the Mulan Protests from many people who really don't care about that movie, but are willing to comment every time it's mentioned on social media because they care deeply about the issue of Hong Kong and it's an easy way for them to feel like they are doing something.

    How will Marvel and Disney feel if every post they make on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram about X-Men gets filled with comments about antisemitism because there's plenty of people online who will react very strongly about the erasure of the Holocaust.

    So, yes, this will be a big deal because there's plenty of people who want to fight back against antisemitism and if they see this as being negative, they will voice their opinions on social media whether they care about X-Men or not.
    Last edited by ClanAskani; 09-19-2019 at 12:11 PM.

  10. #475
    Astonishing Member BroHomo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,374

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ClanAskani View Post
    Disney currently is having to deal with the Mulan Protests from many people who really don't care about that movie, but are willing to comment every time it's mentioned on social media because they care deeply about the issue of Hong Kong and it's an easy way for them to feel like they are doing something.

    How will Marvel and Disney feel if every post they make on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram about X-Men gets filled with comments about antisemitism because there's plenty of people online who will react very strongly about the erasure of the Holocaust.

    So, yes, this will be a big deal because there's plenty of people who want to fight back against antisemitism and if they see this as being negative, they will voice their opinions on social media whether they care about X-Men or not.
    If they went the non Jewish Magneto route
    I doubt Every X-Men soc media post would be a fight back of antisemitism
    GrindrStone(D)

  11. #476

    Default

    I'm ok with replacing Proffesor X and Magneto with successors.

    X-men is the only big 2 franchise where legacy is a natural part of its storytelling.

  12. #477
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,823

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shades of eternity View Post
    Honestly, use Charles and Erik as cameo artists.

    They keep playing chess in strange locations while they heckle the situation like waldorf and stettler and occasionally meddle in the plot thanks to their powers.
    That does amuse me. They could even perhaps snatch up Ian McKellen and Patrick Stewart to play these brief roles. And if questioned as to why they haven't used their amazing powers to solve X or Y, Charles can snark, "What makes you think we haven't, just because you didn't see flying around in bright spandex leotards? It would have been *worse* if I didn't pacify the riots and coordinate the evacution, and Erik didn't keep the building from completely collapsing before your team got out..."

  13. #478
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    820

    Default

    and after about 3-4 movies replace with James McAvoy /Michael Fassbender with no explanation.

  14. #479
    Astonishing Member CRaymond's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    4,123

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    That does amuse me. They could even perhaps snatch up Ian McKellen and Patrick Stewart to play these brief roles. And if questioned as to why they haven't used their amazing powers to solve X or Y, Charles can snark, "What makes you think we haven't, just because you didn't see flying around in bright spandex leotards? It would have been *worse* if I didn't pacify the riots and coordinate the evacution, and Erik didn't keep the building from completely collapsing before your team got out..."
    Old AF cameos of X-iconoclasts would be ideal IMHO.

  15. #480
    All-New Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    26

    Default

    Personally I don't care either way but if they do make him black and have him survive a different genocide I do think he should still be Jewish and I like the idea that he has at least one parent that is a holocaust survivor because that would add weight to Magneto position if his family experience two genocides over two generations and him making sure there is not a third genocide for his children.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •