Voters
186. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes: Make him Black

38 20.43%
  • No: Keep him Jewish White

148 79.57%
Page 45 of 45 FirstFirst ... 354142434445
    Extraordinary Member

Haven't read through this thread. I'm quite sure it's...interesting.

I will say, though, in case someone hasn't said so already that as Prof. X and Magneto have historically been perceived as analogous to MLK and Malcolm X in their conflicting ideologies and in how they thought prejudice should be combated, there's some validity in the idea of making both characters black. I'm not saying it has to happen or even that it should happen but if they did decide to go in that direction, I think there's some reasoning to support it.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kcekada View Post
    Amen! Magneto does not need to be in every X-Men film!
    Yes please. Give us Mr. Sinister already.
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post

I will say, though, in case someone hasn't said so already that as Prof. X and Magneto have historically been perceived as analogous to MLK and Malcolm X in their conflicting ideologies and in how they thought prejudice should be combated, there's some validity in the idea of making both characters black. I'm not saying it has to happen or even that it should happen but if they did decide to go in that direction, I think there's some reasoning to support it.
    did you check snopes? MLKj wasn't even that big of a pacifist. white people cherry picked his speeches to attack more militant blacks.

“…it is not enough for me to stand before you tonight and condemn riots. It would be morally irresponsible for me to do that without, at the same time, condemning the contingent, intolerable conditions that exist in our society. These conditions are the things that cause individuals to feel that they have no other alternative than to engage in violent rebellions to get attention. And I must say tonight that a riot is the language of the unheard. And what is it America has failed to hear?…It has failed to hear that the promises of freedom and justice have not been met. And it has failed to hear that large segments of white society are more concerned about tranquility and the status quo than about justice and humanity.”

Xavier hid his mutant status for the majority of my childhood. Professor X and Magneto bear little resemblance to Malcolm and Martin imo. Magneto's more like Nat Turner.
    Last edited by Michael Watkins; 09-30-2019 at 06:40 AM.

I don't know what books these guys who think Prof. X and Magneto are based on Luther King Jr and Malcolm X were reading.
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    I don't know what books these guys who think Prof. X and Magneto are based on Luther King Jr and Malcolm X were reading.
    **Spoiler Alert!!!*

X-Men comics
    GrindrStone(D)

Yeah. Stick to y'all head canon.
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post

Are we pushing this narrative from Fox X Men again. I've said it before Magneto and Xavier are more like two flawed ideologies of Mutants rather than two stand leaders of society. Like the real MLK and Malcolm X both have made bad decisions talk that have tainted their reputation, but people still think both these characters and real people didn't do nothin.