Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Default X-Men Monday #30 – X-Costumes

Since nobody has done it yet

http://www.adventuresinpoortaste.com...30-x-costumes/

AiPT!: In fact, multiple X-Fans submitted questions about this topic. Are you able to provide any insight into Jean’s costume change?

Jordan: I have bad news and good news. The bad news is I am not going to answer this question.

The GOOD news is that I know someone who would like very much to answer this specific question: Mister Jonathan Hickman. He’s offered to answer fan questions for the X-Men Monday column right after Powers of X #6 hits stands, and he’s going to be handpicking your questions himself… so definitely follow both @AiPTComics and @JHickman on Twitter and keep your eyes peeled for the prompt!
    AiPT!: Awesome news, Jordan! X-Fans: Look for that Twitter prompt on Thursday, October 10, and then the answers to your questions in X-Men Monday #32 on Monday, October 14.

Last edited by Killerbee911; 09-30-2019 at 05:59 AM.

Glad that final Gambit costume has no hood.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post

I love Betsy's Captain Britain uniform. She looks better as a knight than as a ninja

I just realize that being the Red Queen gets Kitty out of the X-man training suit and kinda gives her codename. Props to whoever made the decision

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    I love Betsy's Captain Britain uniform. She looks better as a knight than as a ninja
    I'm just glad they made some kind of compromise that's even-sided. Say what you will about the racial politics, after 30 years of her as a ninja, it was a little off seeing covered-up white Psylocke. Making her the new Captain Britain and developing Kwannon into the new Psylocke makes a lot of sense and progresses both of them forward. I hope it's a change that sticks.

If I absolutely HAD to pick who has the most say on average, it would probably be the editors in that they are the ones charged by Marvel with stewardship of the characters in a longer-term capacity, and therefore, they have to try to take a longer and larger view about how the character will go on in the future and how they fit into the publishing line, etc., and therefore, if they really don’t think a proposed design works, they have the authority to say no.
    So JDW you are fired for approving these:

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hybrid View Post
    I'm just glad they made some kind of compromise that's even-sided. Say what you will about the racial politics, after 30 years of her as a ninja, it was a little off seeing covered-up white Psylocke. Making her the new Captain Britain and developing Kwannon into the new Psylocke makes a lot of sense and progresses both of them forward. I hope it's a change that sticks.
    It'll stick under Hickman. BUT he said one thing he hates is writers who use toys but don't put them back, leaving other writers to do so. So he may reset everything once he's had his fill playing with them, and Moira's lives left a way to do that. At the end of his run, Moira will probably die, and life 11 will start over all the characters and a new writer can do whatever he wants without having to follow any of this threads.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 09-30-2019 at 06:18 AM.

BANNED

I am liking Captain Britain Betty better than Revanche.

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    I just realize that being the Red Queen gets Kitty out of the X-man training suit and kinda gives her codename. Props to whoever made the decision
    Oh ver dew

I’m hoping her transition to Hellfire branding is faster than we expect.

BANNED

AiPT!: Function vs. form. The House of Xese (@NYCANGEL6972) wanted to know which of the two you personally prefer. The team in uniforms or the idea of individualized costumes.

Jordan: Definitely individualized costumes. These guys are superheroes, not soldiers. Their personalities and individual selves are why we love them, I want to let them shine. Even when the X-Men DO wear team uniforms, the most fun part of that is the way they get individualized.
    So does that mean some of the younger X-Men won’t have to be stuck in those gross yellow and blue trainee outfits? Or do they not get to shine like the rest of the X-Men?

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant X View Post
    So JDW you are fired for approving these:

lol he wasn’t in charge during that. that was all panic.