• Yes: Make him Black

38 20.43%
  • No: Keep him Jewish White

148 79.57%
Page 1 of 45 1234511 ... LastLast

Default Report: MCU Magneto may be Black

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/marv...152100000.html
    Marvel Might Cast a Person of Color as Magneto in ¬‘X-Men¬’ Reboot

Okay! yay! Magneto is already a jew from the holocaust era that is essential and defines the core character. Is it really necessary to make him black?

Also if he is black then it means he may not be the biological father of Wanda and Pietro. One thing I know comic fans hated was when they stripped Pietro and Wanda from their mutant heritage as Magneto's kids. I thought this was one of the things to be happy about with xmen in the mcu since they will get to be his kids again and mutants. MCU has not defined what Wanda is.this was done with the hopes they will have Magneto in the future.

More importantly, I also fear this may protect the movie from any legitimate criticism that may be deserving. we have already since this with captain marvel and black panther. the racist and sexist names are thrown if you say these movies were not the best of the genre even when you use some scenes in the films to make your points convincingly clear.

Ian Mckellen and Michael Fassender would be had to top as Magneto, whoever comes next should get a fair chance to be judged alongside them based on the merits of their performance without any poltical agenda or superficial political correctness. I am afraid if they make Magneto black, this will not happen because if you did not like the character, you are automatically racist. sadly this is the culture we now live in.

Another thing again is if they make Magneto black they will just repolish the black panther script to address any themes of racism in xmen. I don't think the script of black panther was good enough for a xmen screenplay. My take is, I will be fine and cool with Magneto as a black man but I will say keep him jewish white and bring in Bishop instead as a main black lead in the movies or Sunfire or just make Warpath a black native American since Warpath already has a dark skin tone.

If they use the Grant Morrison take of focusing on the strong xmen boarding school story background. Have many young black characters in the films who would be more than glorified extras.
    Last edited by Beaddle; 09-13-2019 at 12:53 PM.

I posted on my face book (and am thinking about doing a video on my youtube) about this...

Make Morgan Freeman Magneto
    Make Andris Alba Xavier

Update both to the 21st century with no ties to WW2 or Korean war....make both of them having been kids in the civil rights era.
    In the real world i would be BOTH pro registration and Pro mutant rights. Xavier and Trask were both right.

But keep him jewish...black people can be jewish too... say his great grandfather converted and you are done...
    In the real world i would be BOTH pro registration and Pro mutant rights. Xavier and Trask were both right.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

China has the last vote.
    "Cable was right!"

Wasn't Magneto supposedly based on Malcolm X?

If so, we now know what role Denzel Washington could potentially play.

Quote Originally Posted by HeartofTheStoriesWeTell View Post
    I posted on my face book (and am thinking about doing a video on my youtube) about this...

Make Morgan Freeman Magneto
    Make Andris Alba Xavier

Update both to the 21st century with no ties to WW2 or Korean war....make both of them having been kids in the civil rights era.
    Deaging solves everything. they need to keep WW2 for Magneto. Storm has already covered the black civil rights era. if they go for a late 20s or early 30s Storm , she can say her grand parents and parents passed it on to her. Also black people still experience racism in 2019. so no we don't really need the civil right era to directly tie to storm. just keep her black and this time, dark skin black.

I am not sure Morgan would be up for it, he like Mckellen have said they only like specific type of comic book movies.

I think Denzel Washington is a better choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Beaddle View Post
    Deaging solves everything. they need to keep WW2 for Magneto. Storm has already covered the black civil rights era.
    Agreed. That or Hydra stasis chambers. There are a large number of minority group struggles in history. Marvel had great success. Killmonger really was Malcolm X repackaging, but that is not Magneto. Nor was Magneto ever really Malcolm X.

Magneto at least the sane post Stan version was much more of a 1940s Zionist attempted state builder then anything else. Original Magneto was written much more akin to a certain German leader.
    Last edited by jmc247; 09-13-2019 at 10:32 AM.

Astonishing Member

Keep Magneto Jewish in the MCU, but make him younger. Have him be a victim of the Sokovian Civil War, an event which has already been established.

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post
    Agreed. There are a large number of minority group struggles in history. Marvel had great success. Killmonger really was Malcolm X repackaging, but that is not Magneto. Nor was Magneto ever really Malcolm X.

He started out in the 60s as something akin to a certain German leader under Stan and evolved into something akin to a radical 1940s Zionist by the 80s and 90s. The racism of 60s America or life in the 90s inner city was not the Final Solution.
    Stan seems to think otherwise.

https://www.rollingstone.com/culture...erview-754889/
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.

And their are black jewish people. Jewish isn't a race. Whoopi Goldberg is jewish.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.

On one hand Xavier and Magneto are based on Malcolm X and MLKjr (moslty if they abandon the idea of Magneto as a mutant supremasist and focus more on his armed resistance) so it could be good
    On the other Magneto is one of the most iconic jewish characters and his relationship with the holocaust defines his character.
    Tbh it will depend on the execution, as long as they maintain the core idea of the characters it's fine, I'm still in love with the idea of Cyclops as at least part Inuit, having a native character that's not a walking stereotype would be amazing.
    Black Panther and Cpt Marvel were constantly attacked by bigots, of course they were going to end up beign shielded from critisms that looks similar to the one that's beign done with ill intent, if you just followed online comments Cpt Marvel was the worst movie ever and was filled with attacks against men, it was a good movie (a 7.5 for me) and even the specific scenes that people were describing as "man-hating" were just regular comedic scenes

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    And their are black jewish people. Jewish isn't a race. Whoopi Goldberg is jewish.
    Tell that to Twitter.
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post
    Agreed. There are a large number of minority group struggles in history. Marvel had great success with Killmonger as a Malcolm X repackaging, but that is not Magneto. Nor was Magneto ever really Malcolm X.
    Well I did see some signs in Black Panther, reason I said if they make Magneto black they will just retell the black panther story. Killmonger was not malcom x. the very best thing we had of malcom x was magneto in X1 and X2, DOFP and first class.

Malcom X was a complex figure, he was not a one note angry guy like killmonger. he did say some things I am not sure I will say here but let me say the scene where magneto reverses jason from killing mutants to humans, Malcom X once justified something similar.
    Malcom x was also calm and collective and could have a logic intellectual debate not in anger or in rage. that is who magneto is when he is with Charles. Killmonger was nothing like that.

He started out in the 60s as something akin to a certain German leader under Stan and evolved into something akin to a radical 40s Zionist by the 80s and 90s. The racism of 60s America or life in the 90s inner city was not the Final Solution.
    To be honest, I would rather see magneto have inner family drama with Wanda and a resurrected Pietro who Disney killed for stupid reasons than another magneto fights for his people because of racism plot. fox retold that story already, time to move on.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Tell that to Twitter.
    Sadly many are just ignorant. lol You STILL have people calling Ricky x Lucy tv's first interracial relationship. LMAO!!! That was Tom x Helen.

It would help it classes taught the difference between race, nationality, ethnicity, and religion / practice.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 09-13-2019 at 10:47 AM.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Stan said what people wanted him say. Claremont, who is responsible for making Magneto this amazing character people fell in love with, which also required a drastic change from that forgettable Doom's mutant substitute Stan wrote, said he based him off Menachem Begin.