Voters
186. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes: Make him Black

38 20.43%
  • No: Keep him Jewish White

148 79.57%
Page 24 of 45 FirstFirst ... 1420212223242526272834 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member HandofPrometheus's Avatar

The last thing we need is more propaganda nonsense on how Malcolm X was violent and aggressive than MLK. No thanks, just keep him white. I don't understand why it's so hard to put actual black characters on board but race bending characters comes as quick as lightning. It's highly annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by Beaddle View Post
    I already said they can meet in the middle. make him half jew and half black but it is not necessary either.

Kitty Pryde is jewish, she can be the face of mutant jews
    but can she be the face of Jewish rage? Magneto doesn't represent the good parts, afterall. he's walking trauma. Kitty would be the other side of the coin; the innocence and hope. Storm could be worshiped as a goddess in India. and Kitty could be the face of black mutancy. but why do any of that? if it's not an improvement upon the source material, why do it? just introduce a new character. or use Moses Magnum.
    "I just don't get why you wouldn't want to break the law anymore" --Scorpia

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    Feige already said that X-men cast is going to vastly different from what we have seen on screen. But I think fans underestimate how underwhelming X-men villains can be and have been in books. Fox used Magneto, Apocalypse, Sebastian Shaw, Dark Phoenix,Trask, Stryker, Mystique,Reavers with bad versions or average version Juggernaut, Emma Frost, Blob, Toad, Callisto ,Selene, Sabertooth, Azazel (is there a good version him),Riptide, Arclight,etc.So if they are avoiding Fox villians that leaves Mr Sinister, Shadow King, Cassandra Nova, Deathbird and Shiar, Bastion, Nimrod, Stryfe, Mojo, Cameron Hodge,The Phalanx,The Brood, Ahab, Vulcan, Omega Red.I am not too excited about the later group .

I think it is X-men franchise best interest to getting previous stuff right like Apocalypse and his horsemen , A flesh out Hellfire Club with Shaw, Selene, Emma, Mastermind,Pierce and Leland , Magneto with his Acolytes(Exodus, Cortez, Frenzy,Vought,etc) and Brotherhood (Blob, Toad, Pyro, Avalanche,etc). I don't think Fox did good enough job with villians to movie away from them. Plus I think a good chunk of the great stories are attached to those guys. I wouldn't mind Mr Sinister and Marauders used but as well I don't think even Magneto used to his best at Fox.And MCU using lesser guys would be kinda of waste instead giving us what we really want to see.
    if they are actually incorporated into the MCU, the logical choice of villain would be anti-mutant military forces and proper sentinels. Iron Man has sort of set up all of that tech. they could have Trask buy out HAMMER industries.

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    Annnnnyway I don't remember seeing ANYONE on this board lamenting the loss of Ultimate Magnetos Holocaust heritage
    then let me be the first to speak up. **** Ultimate X-Men and the Ultimate Universe, in general! i'm not sure that anything good came out of that brand of comics. even the Samuel L Jackson Fury is now just some paper pusher who lost his eye to alien cat scratch fever.

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    Unless, you know, they say he a Black Jewish kid that survived the Camps
    that would be like casting Wentworth Miller as Luke Cage. i was around for the shtstorm when Dwayne Johnson was rumored to play live-action Luke Cage. i'm betting that a lot of the people that were against that casting are now pro-black Magneto.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    No you right on that. It wss lightly touched on with the crew but we saw what happened with that. I can't disagree with anything you've said in this post except that is what she feels connected to as that is where she grew up. But then on the flip side their has been stories talking about her connection to harlem and the fact that even haven left there at 6 months she still remembers it. And we have seen her father's family as you mention and there is a lot of story there and no one wants to write it. I've been saying the same thing and thats why i say two sides of the same coin. We might have different approaches and reasoning in how to go forward and where but we are seeing the same thing.

Why isn't she seen as a goddess in both Africa and to the black community in America? What can she do to be seen as such? I'm here for the exploration of it.
    Am I getting too familiar if I tell you that I love you? I agree the 6 month gap was touched on and her connection to Harlem was touched on - outside the X-men books. I also agree that she did meet her father’s family - outside the X-men books. Some would argue that her blackness has been on full display her whole career. But half if her doesn’t even get acknowledged in the X-men books, then how is her blackness on full display? Things just don’t add up for. But some fake “woke” (by Hadari Yao’s name I hate that word) gay black liberals would rather get upset with the messenger rather receiving the message and demanding we all do better by one another. I don’t wanna preach tho.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    if they are actually incorporated into the MCU, the logical choice of villain would be anti-mutant military forces and proper sentinels. Iron Man has sort of set up all of that tech. they could have Trask buy out HAMMER industries.
    Sentinals using arc reactors and repulsors...
    In the real world i would be BOTH pro registration and Pro mutant rights. Xavier and Trask were both right.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Overlord View Post
    And what does it add to the character? I am not a fan of just adding powers to a character, solely to maintain a sliding time scale.

You can write a story where Spider-man can start shooting lasers out of his eyes, I do not think that would be a good idea either, because I hate plot contrievences that exist only to maintain a sliding time scale, this is a big reason why comics are a convoluted mess, how did all the attempts at deaging Spidey work out?
    Yup. Well said. People have to understand the movies cannot do this without it being a gigantic crapfest. The comics get away with it because we all just choose to ignore the aging.

You can't do that with real humans on a movie screen. Anything involving a sliding time-scale is an instant fail of an idea as far as I'm concerned. I also highly doubt Marvel will entertain the idea either.

Things got way too personal in here. If you choose to make things personal or are just an ass hat in general expect some time off.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Mighty Member

You can be half Jewish by ethnicity. I just saw a friends people where Ross said his son Ben was half jewish.

So let me put is this way, also thanks for the musicians who have been name dropped here from jay z, beyonce, timberlake and eminem. Let me talk about Drake the rapper. his mum is a white jew, his dad is African American so what does that make Drake? A pontetial magneto.

Also Magneto can also practice the religion heavily and that will make him a jew by religion too, but unlike Whoopi Goldberg, he would not need to convert because he is a jew by birth right thanks to his mum.

Jews are an ethnic religious people.

Exactly
    I explained all this in great detail
    I included information about Jewish genetics
    I cannot stand ignorance, erroneous assumptions, and prejudice
    I created a thread about Dick Grayson/Nightwing and Koriand'r/Starfire.
    It is to acknowledge and honor their iconic and popular relationship.
    https://comicvine.gamespot.com/teen-...rfire-1975639/

I created a fan page about Peter Parker/Spider-Man and Mary Jane Watson.
    This page is for all the Spider-Marriage fans.
    http://www.facebook.com/SpiderManMaryJane/

...of the Black Priests Midnight_v's Avatar

I voted no.

Like so many others apparantly.

And being black I have to say that I wouldn't be too bothered by
    a young powerful X-villain to Represent a more progressive stance... mutant killmonger so to speak.
    Further, it's easy for young powerful people to spout the "tear it all down!" philosophy so that could be a both narratively sound and Believable character.

Half or so of the people in this country look at progressivism as evil or scummy anyway.

So yeah I'd read that.

But that's not Magneto.

And a big part of the desire for comic readers or cartoon watching kids to see these characters on screen is to see the things you've been spending your time on brought to life
    recognizably.

It was my big problem with that new mutants movie... And really every depiction of sunspot ever.

Overall changing his skin color detracts from the story more than enhances the story, so I would vote not to do it.

That being said I don't want Blade, Sunspot, Storm, Night Thrasher, or Apocalypse.... etc to be non-black either.

This is one big non-troversy better to let it die.
    My priority is enjoying and supporting stories of timeless heroism and conflict.
    Everything else is irrelevant.

BANNED

You can be half Jewish by ethnicity.
    And, here I thought that according to Jewish law (halacha), all those born of a Jewish mother are considered Jewish, regardless of the father, personal beliefs, or level of observance of Jewish law.
    Last edited by Shreene; 09-16-2019 at 03:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shreene View Post
    And, here I thought that according to Jewish law (halacha), all those born of a Jewish mother are considered Jewish, regardless of the father, personal beliefs, or level of observance of Jewish law.
    So a mutant with an Ashkenazi father and a Maasai mother would be... ?

Incredible Member Force de Phenix's Avatar

Question why do people just all assume 99% of black people are okay with race bending white characters?
    Are these decisions made by polling people before they make them?

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    Feige already said that X-men cast is going to vastly different from what we have seen on screen. But I think fans underestimate how underwhelming X-men villains can be and have been in books. Fox used Magneto, Apocalypse, Sebastian Shaw, Dark Phoenix,Trask, Stryker, Mystique,Reavers with bad versions or average version Juggernaut, Emma Frost, Blob, Toad, Callisto ,Selene, Sabertooth, Azazel (is there a good version him),Riptide, Arclight,etc.So if they are avoiding Fox villians that leaves Mr Sinister, Shadow King, Cassandra Nova, Deathbird and Shiar, Bastion, Nimrod, Stryfe, Mojo, Cameron Hodge,The Phalanx,The Brood, Ahab, Vulcan, Omega Red.I am not too excited about the later group .

I think it is X-men franchise best interest to getting previous stuff right like Apocalypse and his horsemen , A flesh out Hellfire Club with Shaw, Selene, Emma, Mastermind,Pierce and Leland , Magneto with his Acolytes(Exodus, Cortez, Frenzy,Vought,etc) and Brotherhood (Blob, Toad, Pyro, Avalanche,etc). I don't think Fox did good enough job with villians to movie away from them. Plus I think a good chunk of the great stories are attached to those guys. I wouldn't mind Mr Sinister and Marauders used but as well I don't think even Magneto used to his best at Fox.And MCU using lesser guys would be kinda of waste instead giving us what we really want to see.
    I think they should've done the Green Goblin and Gwen Stacy right, but I'm not gonna deny that seeing Mysterio wasn't a better move for the franchise. Even though Emma Frost has been in two X-films, she was terribly represented, and so was the Hellfire Club. The X-Men have to up the ante and do so by having a more interesting villain la Killmonger and Thanos. Marvel wants to sell super hero toys and merchandise, so it could be tricky overshadowing the heroes.

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    A mutant aging at a slower rate wouldn't make them immortal any more than having wings would mean that they must have a beak.
    He can be a mutant-eternal hybrid. That's a way they can introduce mutants in the MCU in The Eternals.
    "You set off the Terrigen Bomb giving the world every excuse to fear the word Inhuman."

"This is-- this is what Jean felt like..."

"If you are a mutant, in this world, you are guilty until proven innocent."

It's no for me. Why not use bishop with more prominence?
    He is the rock that their island nation is built upon. And he is still very much a leader of his people, the people of Krakoa know him and what he has done for them over the years, and they look up to him. He is the head of the X-Men. He might not be RULING Krakoa, but he is definitely leading it.