Voters
186. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes: Make him Black

38 20.43%
  • No: Keep him Jewish White

148 79.57%
Page 4 of 45 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    Embrace the Fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

Meh, as long as Magneto still dons fabulously ridiculous outfits and is still crazy effin' gay for Xavier, it's all good. I'm honestly more intrigued about how they'll deal with/adapt(?) his Holocaust survivor background.

Quote Originally Posted by FluffyCyclopsRLZ View Post
    Meh, as long as Magneto still dons fabulously ridiculous outfits and is still crazy effin' gay for Xavier, it's all good. I'm honestly more intrigued about how they'll deal with/adapt(?) his Holocaust survivor background.
    Yeah, like with everything it'll all come down to execution. Can they pull it off?

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FluffyCyclopsRLZ View Post
    By not adapting it.
    "Cable was right!"

I’d they go this route it should be Eamonn Walker. He absolutely nailed a very Magneto-like character in Oz.

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    And I say this, and only this, as a black guy:

Magneto needs to be white. Period.
    From one black guy to another. Why? Super curious. You can even PM if you want. Especially when it doesn't change anything about him.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.

If Kevin Feige does this then I'll wash his feet with my hair.

Shout out to Bryan Edward Hill:

Bryan: Magneto. When you’re a black kid growing up in Saint Louis and you feel like the world is trying to get you, Magneto makes a WHOLE LOT of sense.
    Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    I can't see what other person of color they can make magneto besides black either after reading your post. Because if they go with anything else the terrorist thing is going to become a huge backfire point. Maybe make Xavier arabic, that would be nice to see.
    Probably because the text treats him as a character that hasn’t gotten any retribution for the pain he’s gone through and with the mutant allegory being so comparable to living as a black American, it fits together almost too well. He really could only be white or black.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Cochese View Post
    I’d they go this route it should be Eamonn Walker. He absolutely nailed a very Magneto-like character in Oz.
    Idris Elba would make one hell of a magneto but he's already in the MCU. -_-
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.

Amazing Member

What makes Magneto's origin so brilliant (the way it is) is how multilayered it is and thoughtful it is and his seemingly perfect European appearance being an integral part of that. He, like many other "white" Jews in the camps, was put in there for being presumably lesser being, the untermensch, and they used eugenics to justify this theses. But it turned out, they put in the camp a future to be handsome, tall, blue eyed, white man. And not only that, he also turned to be a literal ubermensch. This supposedly unworthy Jew was more of "Aryan" (by characteristics) than most of the Third Reich leadership ever dreamed to be. He was a literal proof of how defective and faulty their doctrines are.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    Probably because the text treats him as a character that hasn’t gotten any retribution for the pain he’s gone through and with the mutant allegory being so comparable to living as a black American, it fits together almost too well. He really could only be white or black.
    Him being Native, Latino or Muslim makes more sense than him being white.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    And their are black jewish people. Jewish isn't a race. Whoopi Goldberg is jewish.
    Well, that's complicated. But the bigger change is changing Magneto from being an Ashkenazi Jew from Europe who experienced the Holocaust. Ashkenazi is a ethnicity. You can do a DNA test to find out the percentage of your DNA that is Ashkenazi meaning you have Jewish ancestry.
    Last edited by ClanAskani; 09-13-2019 at 11:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    If Kevin Feige does this then I'll wash his feet with my hair.
    I think this choice would go even over his head. This, if i'm honest sounds like a directive from the president of disney's outreach and diversification unit.

And i say that because it's that unbelievable to me that anyone at marvel on any level was like "Let's make Magneto black" Which is sad but i honestly can't imagine it.

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    Him being Native, Latino or Muslim makes more sense than him being white.
    I would just die of joy if Mags would be made latino.

Let's keep things in perspective. Some website (I've never heard of) claims they learned something (straight from Feige?) and we are just taking that as gospel? Let's just give them some benefit of the doubt and that they heard something from someone and aren't just making it up. Here is a scenario, someone says and someone hears that Feige wants to cast black leads, as the leaders of each side. That passes around, at some point someone shortcuts it to Xavier and Magneto, because those are the leaders of the good guys and bad guys, and then it becomes that. It isn't like the MCU has really ever tried to adapt any actual stories or crap.

So, what I would like to explore is: if you were to introduce the X-Men into the MCU with the intent of casting POC as the main protagonist and antagonist, which characters (that fit that criteria) do you use?

Quote Originally Posted by ClanAskani View Post
    Well, that's complicated. But the bigger change is changing Magneto from being an Ashkenazi Jew from Europe who experienced the Holocaust. Ashkenazi is a race.
    His mother was Ashkenazi and his father was a black revolutionary travelling the world. As the other poster said before, make him mixed in that particular case. Or his father could have been a black American solider.