Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
Thing is I don't think Doomsday Clock isn't really a reliable indicator of the status quo anymore, though. I mean, Alfred just died in Batman and word is the plan is to keep it that way for some time. That's not in line with Doomsday Clock either. Chances are very good that as much as certain things about Doomsday Clock will be synced to the monthlies, that Doomsday Clock had to adapt to some of these new ideas too. How its all going to meld I don't know but I don't think its so simple anymore as to look at the OYL time period of Doomsday Clock and say for certain things happening now aren't going to last long because of it.
But, didio was adamant on ddc being in continuity. Heck! Even bendis is adamant that his book is leading upto ddc. And in sales ddc is doing pretty good despite the delays.And doomsday clock is still more anticipated than anything dc is currently putting out.didio even had snyder retract his statement regarding ddc. The book is being made important by the reader/customer despite the managements best efforts to bury it. I mean, people's constant pestering about it to didio is what made didio come out and say its in continuity in the first place. This and Alfred's death aren't like legion and jsa. They are major part of ddc story. A rewrite is not possible.