Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Thing is I don't think Doomsday Clock isn't really a reliable indicator of the status quo anymore, though. I mean, Alfred just died in Batman and word is the plan is to keep it that way for some time. That's not in line with Doomsday Clock either. Chances are very good that as much as certain things about Doomsday Clock will be synced to the monthlies, that Doomsday Clock had to adapt to some of these new ideas too. How its all going to meld I don't know but I don't think its so simple anymore as to look at the OYL time period of Doomsday Clock and say for certain things happening now aren't going to last long because of it.
    But, didio was adamant on ddc being in continuity. Heck! Even bendis is adamant that his book is leading upto ddc. And in sales ddc is doing pretty good despite the delays.And doomsday clock is still more anticipated than anything dc is currently putting out.didio even had snyder retract his statement regarding ddc. The book is being made important by the reader/customer despite the managements best efforts to bury it. I mean, people's constant pestering about it to didio is what made didio come out and say its in continuity in the first place. This and Alfred's death aren't like legion and jsa. They are major part of ddc story. A rewrite is not possible.

It is definitely in continuity. They're going to make it all mesh somehow. Bendis and Snyder have confirmed they're keeping DDC in mind and there's going to be some syncing, but that doesn't necessarily mean that all of Doomsday Clock's ideas are still carrying forward. Its just as likely if not probable that Doomsday Clock as a story had to make some concessions too. How they go about that, again I"m not entirely sure, Maybe a Zero Hour situation where everything is erased, history gets restored, but certain details even beyond their realization are not exactly the same. I dunno. Whatever happens it probably won't be clean and seamless, but it seems inevitable to me. Unless after Doomsday Clock ends, they plan to hold jumping everything ahead one year and do it incrementally allowing these other storylines to play out? But that would get awfully messy and difficult to keep track of.

In the end I'm just guessing too though, I don't know exactly how it'll get resolved I just don't think its safe to assume right now anymore, is all.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 09-13-2019 at 10:04 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

It is definitely in continuity. They're going to make it all mesh somehow. But its probably going to be something where the current day setting in of itself goes through some changes. It almost has to at this point because certain things are not adhering. Bendis and Snyder have confirmed they're keeping DDC in mind and there's going ot be some syncing, but that doesn't necessarily mean that all of Doomsday Clock's ideas are still carrying forward. Its just as likely if not probable that Doomsday Clock as a story had to make some concessions too. How they go about that, again I"m not entirely sure but it would almost certainly have to involve the timeline changing up a bit again. Like a Zero Hour situation where everything is erased, but the heroes manage to restore it, but certain details even beyond their realization are not exactly the same.
    How can they change the current day setting of ddc? Alfred was in the last issue of ddc. People hated the simple small change with legion. I don't think it will be good to have such big change in the book.how are they going to change clark being in daily planet with lois in the first issues?

Well like I said I can only guess, but it can be done if they need to. Like I mentioned before, there's the Zero Hour route. Say Manhattan does destroy history in issue #12, like potentially alluded to. Then within the same issue it gets restored. You can then use that erasure and restoration as an excuse to make various changes of details to the status quo and explain it away as residual effects of the restoration. That's just one example of how they could go about it if necessary. I'm not saying that's exactly what's going to happen, I could be wrong in totality after all, but its a conceivable hypothetical option if they decided DDC needed to adapt to new stuff that happened in the interim that no longer supported every last detail of DDC's status.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 09-13-2019 at 10:44 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Well like I said I can only guess, but it can be done if they need to. Like I mentioned before, there's the Zero Hour route. Say Manhattan does destroy history in issue #12, like potentially alluded to. Then within the same issue it gets restored. You can then use that erasure and restoration as an excuse to make various changes of details to the status quo and explain it away as residual effects of the restoration. That's just one example of how they could go about it if necessary. I'm not saying that's exactly what's going to happen, I could be wrong in totality after all, but its a conceivable hypothetical option if they decided DDC needed to adapt to new stuff that happened in the interim that no longer supported every last detail of DDC's status.
    I guess,it will just leave bad taste in the mouth. After all the waiting, serving this nonsense is pretty shitty thing to do. It just doesn't fit the narrative they set.man!after the stability of rebirth. I can't believe we are back to " big status quo shift" nonsense every two issues again. This rewriting nonsense is the reason the book started getting this delayed in the first place after metal. This is again going to delay it further. And for what? Clark won't get together with the legion. He might not have his family back. This just blows.I sure hope this time it doesn't blame lois for unmasking clark.if this is going that route. Then i see a reboot coming. Maybe this time they can have the one punch man replace this superman.atleast we can get a guaranteed fun book. And the people complaining about superman being too op will have to except that superman wasn't op. #capedbaldybecomessuperman

Yeah - maybe Bendis's idea of "keeping Doomsday Clock in mind" is making a crap-ton of crazy changes to Superman and then using DDC to wipe them all away? And the same with Batman re: Alfred? Wouldn't be the first time, that's for sure.
    Hear my new CD "Love The World Away", available on iTunes, Google Music, Spotify, Shazam, and Amazon: https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B01N5XYV..._waESybX1C0RXK via @amazon
    www.jamiekelleymusic.com
    TV interview here: https://snjtoday.com/snj-today-hotline-jamie-kelley/

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JAK View Post
    Yeah - maybe Bendis's idea of "keeping Doomsday Clock in mind" is making a crap-ton of crazy changes to Superman and then using DDC to wipe them all away? And the same with Batman re: Alfred? Wouldn't be the first time, that's for sure.
    Doubtful, they aren't even advertising the ending of doomsday clock as something that will "change things forever" or one of those typical lines to get people excited. I think the most happens is that Superman gives some speech about why change is good or something like that to Manhattan. I honestly don't see another way to give a proper conclusion to that story with just one issue. It's not like superman and manhattan will go toe to toe with each other since Johns said from the beginning the story wouldn't be that.

DDC is supposed to be mostly standalone so I don’t think it’s going to be the book for mainline continuity clean ups. Snyder’s Metal 2 however? That I could totally see happening, and that will most likely coincide with another linewide relaunch at the end.

Ah. I figured with Manhattan making so many changes on a whim, it'd make sense to go crazy and reset the few things they did that with at the end of DDC. Oh, well.

It's a shame they need to keep relaunching - I thought Rebirth was pretty solid, and that whole setup should have stayed around longer, imo.
    Hear my new CD "Love The World Away", available on iTunes, Google Music, Spotify, Shazam, and Amazon: https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B01N5XYV..._waESybX1C0RXK via @amazon
    www.jamiekelleymusic.com
    TV interview here: https://snjtoday.com/snj-today-hotline-jamie-kelley/

At the end of doomsday clock everything else was supposed to have caught up with it. It was supposed have some sort of relaunch especially since Clark's parents thread is still not addressed. Everything else is basically watered-down now.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Can we please not adopt incel terms? That having been said, THEY JUST DID THIS! Like, three years ago! With New 52! In fact, I think New 52 tried to do it twice! Did the Seigels file yet another lawsuit again? Maybe there really is another reboot coming next year and this is their Civil War Spiderman moment. Superman gets his own OMD.
    Assassinate Putin!

I trust Bendis. I’m sure he’ll tell some great stories with this premise. Secret identities aren’t that big a deal anymore so this actually makes complete sense to me.

So Bendis is going to his usual plot points and clot chasing. Anyone here actually shocked by this news?
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonsChi View Post
    So Bendis is going to his usual plot points and clot chasing. Anyone here actually shocked by this news?
    A bit disappointed and annoyed yes, surprised no.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Quote Originally Posted by Stick Figure View Post
    I trust Bendis. I’m sure he’ll tell some great stories with this premise. Secret identities aren’t that big a deal anymore so this actually makes complete sense to me.
    They’ve definitely fallen off but I do think the Big 3 (Spidey, Supes, and Bats) need them in a way that maybe other characters don’t. Those three have deep roots in the “civilian” side of their universes that they’d lose more than they’d gain if their secret ID’s ever went away permanently.