Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member kingaliencracker's Avatar

Default Superman to (SPOILER ALERT) this Fall

https://www.newsarama.com/46940-supe...this-fall.html

It should be noted that Bleeding Cool has an entirely different interpretation of this:

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/09...ity-cuck-kent/

And here I thought Bendis was going to out Batman .

Dick got his identity revealed to the entire world a few years ago. Nothing really came of it in the end. Clark can use the Spyral spy satellite to undo it like Dick did at any time, lol.

I lean toward this being literal and not the swerve as BC is interpreting. But I DO think the details of said swerve has the potential to last longer as a concept than does outright revealing Clark and Superman are the same being.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Newsarama, December is not fall, it's winter.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Maybe Superman can just fall back on “Chaz” instead of Clark? I’m not fond of this Cuck Kent idea though, it just seems really cringey. Like it would be a little funny at first, but then get real old, real fast.

Thumbs up

*Yawn* I wonder how long before this "shocking development" is reversed, a year maybe two tops? *Wake me up when it's own*
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Fantastic Member mikelmcknight72's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Newsarama, December is not fall, it's winter.
    Technically, winter starts on December 21st this year. Just saying. :-)

The Truth storyline revealed the New 52 Superman's secret identity to the world back in 2015. It is way too soon to be hauling out this story again. The secret identity to be too darned important to ditch permanently, so such a reveal isn't bound to stick.

Nevertheless, Bendis certainly seems to have been set such a reveal up for quite a while. The book Lois is writing, the very public kiss of Superman and Lois, and I think they were going to make Superman the first president of the U.P. I'll be surprised if they don't reveal it.

Quote Originally Posted by mikelmcknight72 View Post
    Technically, winter starts on December 21st this year. Just saying. :-)

The Truth storyline revealed the New 52 Superman's secret identity to the world back in 2015. It is way too soon to be hauling out this story again. The secret identity to be too darned important to ditch permanently, so such a reveal isn't bound to stick.

Nevertheless, Bendis certainly seems to have been set such a reveal up for quite a while. The book Lois is writing, the very public kiss of Superman and Lois, and I think they were going to make Superman the first president of the U.P. I'll be surprised if they don't reveal it.
    One could just as easily say it’s too early to once again replace Bruce as Batman again. But apparently that’s happening again. Maybe we’re entering a DcYou-lite era.

Quote Originally Posted by OpaqueGiraffe17 View Post
    One could just as easily say it’s too early to once again replace Bruce as Batman again. But apparently that’s happening again. Maybe we’re entering a DcYou-lite era.
    And I will shout such a thing to the heavens, ah, this isn't the Batman Forum, sorry lol.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Fantastic Member mikelmcknight72's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    And I will shout such a thing to the heavens, ah, this isn't the Batman Forum, sorry lol.
    I will as well. My opinion on certain types of temporary status quo shakeups aside (generally not a fan), at least wait ten years before allowing it to be recycled.

*sigh*
    And Bendis throws yet another thing out there (either way) of keeping me from picking up anymore Super related series.

I can't help but still have a fear that all of this will be leading to a situation where Superman/Clark will be too busy to actively do his superhero job and that'll be around the time Bendis brings in Val-Zod. I know its fear-based speculation, but Superman stepping aside for his Earth President duties while someone takes over the active superhero (and perhaps even dual identity) role is a scary proposition that I can't shake ever since it got in my head.

Stupid bad thoughts go away.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 09-13-2019 at 09:39 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

I think this will be reversed quickly since in ddc clark is still a reporter. Or they will be meddling with it.

Thing is I don't think Doomsday Clock isn't really a reliable indicator of the status quo anymore, though. I mean, Alfred just died in Batman and word is the plan is to keep it that way for some time. That's not in line with Doomsday Clock either. Chances are very good that as much as certain things about Doomsday Clock will be synced to the monthlies, that Doomsday Clock had to adapt to some of these new ideas too. How its all going to meld I don't know but I don't think its so simple anymore as to look at the OYL time period of Doomsday Clock and say for certain things happening now aren't going to last long because of it.