Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rpmaluki View Post
    They actually succeeded in making me hate Clark. Thankfully it was temporary.

I must be the lone reed here because I'm not getting "DC/Didio/Bendis is trying to erase Jon" vibes that seems to be prevalent in these parts.
    You're not alone. I pretty much zero idea where anyone is getting this from. Some people on here are talking about a reboot, but that makes so little sense given the fact that Jim Lee himself felt the need to let everyone know that there isn't a reboot coming. And this was said when Bendis and Synder were already signed on.

You want my opinion? DC's been planing this identity reveal for a while now. It seems like it's a new direction that they've been interested in taking Clark for a while regardless of lawsuits. Their first attempt didn't work out primarily due to the things surrounding it like the aesthetic, the marketing for the story, and the story itself. But that doesn't really stop them from doing it again, does it?

Want an example of them failing with an idea and then succeeding once they try it again very shortly after? Jon Kent. Yup. People forget but DC created the biological son of Superman and Lois Lane for continuity back in the New 52 in the form of Jon Lane Kent. He failed pretty hard, but then a few short years after his death Jon Sam Kent was made, and he's been a great success.

They just switched up the approach. The same seems true here. And if Jon Sam Kent can be the success he's been despite the failure of his previous incarnation, then there's no real reason to think this can't turn out far better than Truth. And what's funny is that both ideas break rules of Superman. Similar to how Clark getting married or telling Lois his identity had rules against them.
    Last edited by Superlad93; 09-16-2019 at 07:32 AM.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.