Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Ilan Preskovsky View Post
    I couldn't agree more but I find this crap extremely easy to avoid. It hasn't made much of an impact at all in the books I'm currently reading and, save for Supergirl, which I'll drop as long as it's part of Year of the Villain, they don't look to be in the future.

Snyder can be an excellent writer but as a line-wide ideas man for DC, he's even worse than Geoff Johns (again, good writer; didn't love many of his line-wide ideas).
    Oh believe me, I'm hardly buying anything.

And as to the Tynion thing, he's definitely a more competent storyteller than Snyder (who has gone completely off the rails), but he is an apprentice of Snyder , so all of his storytelling ideas seem to be early Snyder-lite in all the worst ways.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

OCEAN MASTER: YEAR OF THE VILLAIN #1 - cool to see Orm, but Drowned Earth was so bad I'd hate to see anything in it followed up on.
    AQUAMAN GIANT #2
    AQUAMAN #55
    BATGIRL #42
    THE BATMAN'S GRAVE #3
    GREEN LANTERN: BLACKSTARS #2
    JUSTICE LEAGUE #37 & 38
    LOIS LANE #6 & 7
    SUPERMANÂ’S PAL JIMMY OLSEN #6
    THE LAST GOD #3
    COLLAPSER #6
    FAR SECTOR #2
    BATMAN: UNIVERSE #6

Prolly LEGION OF SUPER-HEROES #2 for the Aquaman stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Pohzee View Post
    And as to the Tynion thing, he's definitely a more competent storyteller than Snyder (who has gone completely off the rails), but he is an apprentice of Snyder , so all of his storytelling ideas seem to be early Snyder-lite in all the worst ways.
    I enjoy Tynion's work but sometimes he can bog down an issue with too much exposition (which is definitely a Snyder trait) and not pace things out as well as he could.

Quote Originally Posted by Kai "the spy" View Post
    New team on Supergirl. The only thing of Jody Houser I've read so far are her Stranger Things books over at Dark Horse, which were okay. I'm giving her a chance, though I hate to lose Andreyko. And that new direction, I mean, how long can this infected thing go on?
    She also wrote issues 13-23 of Amazing Spider-Man Renew Your Vows (i.e. the post-timeskip issues), the Spider-Girls mini that served as a coda to it, and the current Doctor Who comics starring the female Thirteenth Doctor.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    She also wrote issues 13-23 of Amazing Spider-Man Renew Your Vows (i.e. the post-timeskip issues), the Spider-Girls mini that served as a coda to it, and the current Doctor Who comics starring the female Thirteenth Doctor.
    She also wrote the Supergirl: Becoming Super mini I think. I liked that.

Is she just stuck writing infected Supergirl + aftermath for 6+ months tho?
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    No, Being Super was written by Mariko Tamaki.
    Currently Reading:

DC: The Flash, Challenge of the Super Sons, Nightwing

Image: Lazarus: Risen, The Old Guard, Black Magick

Boom: Mighty Morphin', Power Rangers

Is she just stuck writing infected Supergirl + aftermath for 6+ months tho?
    I think she's said she's the ongoing writer (but this being DC, that could be short-lived).

Mighty Member

im exited for the Dec comics.I love how superman Batman, Justice League,the Batman Who Laughs connect.Also the Superman titles and Lois Lane and infected

Extraordinary Member

She didn’t write Becoming Super but I think she wrote Mother Panic.

Fantastic Member

Would it be overly cynical or too close to the truth to say DC is intentionally putting out a whole lot of terrible stories to steer fans toward accepting a complete reboot of everything?

I'll buy Doomsday Clock and lament what might have been. The rest of this is on a fast track to nowhere.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zeeguy91 View Post
    She didn’t write Becoming Super but I think she wrote Mother Panic.
    She co-wrote with Orlando on the last few issues of his run.
    And despite the crappy art in the beginning, that was the only Super book I liked in Rebirth, so I'm hoping she picks up where they left off.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

The Walmart Titans is actually with Tim, dumbly enough.
    Yeah, what the hell is up with that anyway? Why isn't it Dick?

Extraordinary Member

Yeah, the whole Year of the Villain event looks really stupid and gimmicky. The Harley Quin one-shot has the POTENTIAL to be really fun, though. I mean, a villain awards show? That's gonna be entertaining. I once thought of a story that was kind of similar to that concept.

And seriously? Ric Grayson is STILL A THING?? Its been over a year, hasn't it?
    Last edited by Green Goblin of Sector 2814; 09-15-2019 at 08:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeeguy91 View Post
    Yeah, the whole Year of the Villain event looks really stupid and gimmicky. The Harley Quin one-shot has the POTENTIAL to be really fun, though. I mean, a villain awards show? That's gonna be entertaining. I once thought of a story that was kind of similar to that concept.

And seriously? Ric Grayson is STILL A THING?? Its been over a year, hasn't it?
    To be honest, I look at that Harley one-shot and I can't help but think "I thought she wasn't a villainy anymore?" .