Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    To be honest, I look at that Harley one-shot and I can't help but think "I thought she wasn't a villainy anymore?" .
    She's versatile.
    She can be whatever DC needs her to be to boost sales.

This month, a villain.
    Next month, a hero.
    The month after, a Leaguer.
    The next month, a member of the Suicide Squad.
    The next, a member of the Titans.

I wouldn't be surprised if they added her to the JSA or the Legion to boost sales.
    Just put her on the cover by herself, drawn by Cho or Hughes and you wouldn't even need to bother with solicitations.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

I’ll be honest in that I don’t mind the whole evil Secret Six story because it could actually be a pretty decent idea and I don’t hate the Batman who laughs(don’t love him but he’s ok). If I had anything to say though...why Commissioner Gordon? Like it was a neat little twist at the end of the mini and evil infected Gordon would make for an interesting story arc if it was solely to mess with Batman not knowing Gordon was evil, but I honestly doubt he’s all too much help going up against Lex Luthor trying to rewrite reality. Like all others make sense as power houses in this fight but he just seems really out of place.
    Last edited by sifighter; 09-16-2019 at 06:30 PM.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    I’ll be honest in that I don’t mind the whole evil Secret Six story because it could actually be a pretty decent idea and I don’t hate the Batman who laughs(don’t love him but he’s ok). If I had anything to say though...why Commissioner Gordon? Like it was a neat little twist at the end of the mini and evil infected Gordon would make for an interesting story arc if it was solely to mess with Batman not knowing Gordon was evil, but I honestly doubt he’s all too much help going up against Lex Luthor trying to rewrite reality. Like all others make sense as power houses in this fight but he just seems really out of place.
    He's the Batman analogue for their team. And don't forget he actually was Batman for a brief time. So he shouldn't be underestimated.

Quote Originally Posted by Ishmael View Post
    He's the Batman analogue for their team. And don't forget he actually was Batman for a brief time. So he shouldn't be underestimated.
    Oh no doubt, he is indeed formidable and has shown that he can do some really cool stuff. I’m not even saying the story idea isn’t interesting or that it’s not effective in a story where Batman and Superman have to face off against people they care about. I’m just saying that perhaps he’s not exactly who I would recruit first in a fight against Lex Luthor and his Legion of Doom who are going to rewrite reality and probably made things hard for the justice league.

Like if it was just the Batfamily against evil Gordon, that’s perfect and works well. Doesn’t exactly make sense on a fight against Justice League level threats when he has maybe guns and knives. I will admit there is a chance he might get powers given that he is the only one among the group without his own powers but until then he seems out of his league.
    Last edited by sifighter; 09-16-2019 at 07:24 PM.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Very few books from this month interest me. Jimmy Olsen, Tec and Superman Smashes the Klan are it really.

Supergirl has a new writer but I really don't care about the Batman who Laughs and so I am going to drop the book. Which is a shame as I like Supergirl and I want to read a Supergirl book, but her book has not been interesting for a while.
    “Somewhere, in our darkest night, we made up the story of a man who will never let us down.”

- Grant Morrison on Superman