Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
Part of what's weird for me is to have Shayera interacting with the wrong Hawkman, even if they're technically the same Hawkman.

I wonder if that's why they're keeping the Hawks apart. A part of me just thinks it's because Snyder wanted Hawkgirl and Venditti didn't want to have a strong female lead he'd have to juggle.
I think this is 100% Snyder wanting to tell his love story that only he is compelled by and Venditti not being able to do much with Kendra without talking about her and Carter, either forcing the fact that they're stalling the Hawks into the forefront. He'd have his hands tied. It would either be about how she's not interested in being fate's plaything (by doing the same thing she always does, date someone else despite loving Carter, which may as well be her fate now since no matter what reboots the universe this remains true) or making her cheat (assuming they're actually in a relationship now) on J'onn.

It just feels like there's no really great option for Kendra in the book currently so while I prefer my Hawk's together, I'd rather them apart unless they can actually soar. I love Hawkgirl and if Snyder's plans hamstring her involvement in Carter's plot, better she be used well there than tied up by editorial and reduced to an also-ran. She deserves nothing less than co lead in a Hawk book.