Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It kind of felt like they were leaning into their old Post-Crisis history, so I would think so. I think Kendra mentioned being together with Carter in Justice League.
    Wasn't Kendra the driving force in Metal behind trying to find Carter. It's weird how Snyder just noped out of all that.

Quote Originally Posted by kcekada View Post
    I guess, but I prefer Shayera.
    So do I, kcekada. So do I.

Hopefully we might have Katar Hol back.
    Pull List: Currently Empty

BANNED

I guess I see these comics too pragmatically, but this is happening way too late. Venditti always struck me as a clueless and slow writer, so that isn't surprising. Though, I suppose there is a possibility that Snyder may have blocked this from happening sooner, since he used the character in Justice League. The sales are already in the toilet, thus I'm not sure how much longer the book will continue, so I don't know how much Vendittii can/will actually do with the character.

Time to liver forever! Energist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dornwolf View Post
    Wasn't Kendra the driving force in Metal behind trying to find Carter. It's weird how Snyder just noped out of all that.
    And in favor of one of the most chemistry-lacking comic book romances I've ever read, too. (That being Kendra's relationship with Martian Manhunter.)

Not complaining, though. I like Shayera better, anyway.

Her costume needs a proper helmet, by the way. And I wouldn't mind seeing a palette-swap of yellow instead of the blue, to somewhat mimic her JLU look.
    "Forgiving the unrepentant is like drawing pictures on water." - Japanese Proverb

Quote Originally Posted by Energist View Post
    And in favor of one of the most chemistry-lacking comic book romances I've ever read, too. (That being Kendra's relationship with Martian Manhunter.)

Not complaining, though. I like Shayera better, anyway.

Her costume needs a proper helmet, by the way. And I wouldn't mind seeing a palette-swap of yellow instead of the blue, to somewhat mimic her JLU look.
    I joined Snyder's Justice League book late. Was there any build up to them previously or was this something that randomly happened in this book? They still have their creepy kid running around, too. Kinda weirds me out, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by KangMiRae View Post
    I joined Snyder's Justice League book late. Was there any build up to them previously or was this something that randomly happened in this book? They still have their creepy kid running around, too. Kinda weirds me out, lol.
    I've been around since the series launched, and it still feels forced to me. There was some attempted build-up during the Thanagar arc, with them connecting on a metaphysical level, but it didn't really resonate, at least not with me. The two of them just come across as very disinterested in one another, I find. Like they're only together because Snyder says they are. Totally inorganic.

But to be fair, I never really saw any chemistry between Carter and Kendra, either. There was a glimmer of some way back when Palmiotti and Gray wrote them, but I've not seen any before or since.
    "Forgiving the unrepentant is like drawing pictures on water." - Japanese Proverb

I've been around since the series launched, and it still feels forced to me. There was some attempted build-up during the Thanagar arc, with them connecting on a metaphysical level, but it didn't really resonate, at least not with me. The two of them just come across as very disinterested in one another, I find. Like they're only together because Snyder says they are. Totally inorganic.

But to be fair, I never really saw any chemistry between Carter and Kendra, either. There was a glimmer of some way back when Palmiotti and Gray wrote them, but I've not seen any before or since.
    Snyder wanted a romance between Hawkgirl and a green character like in the cartoons, just not the same green character .

I liked how Johns wrote their relationship, along with Palmiotti and Gray.

Yeah, sometimes you can just feel when a pairing is abruptly made. Of course all pairings start from somewhere, but there should be some foundation made—some time where the writer is just laying the base for the relationship.
    Last edited by KangMiRae; 09-14-2019 at 03:42 PM.

Glad to see Shayera back. I've always liked her much more than Kendra.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Ditto the people saying that they'd prefer her costume to be yellow. Honestly, I actually wouldn't mind if Shayera got the green and yellow costume and Kendra had the blue look - the best she's looked has been Earth 2 after all.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Incredible Member

Okay... I'm just gonna put this out there.

Look at the cover. There's no reason why the male hawk figure has to be Carter...

Could hawkwoman be another of his past lives??

BANNED

I prefer her yellow outfit, too, but this is one is good for differentiating her more from the other Hawkgirl that is currently around.

Quote Originally Posted by Fairyprincess View Post

Look at the cover. There's no reason why the male hawk figure has to be Carter...

And I'm just going to put this out there.

Have you seen Joker: Marginal City? Seems like something you might be into. I recall being impressed by the soundtrack at times, as I'm into such dated synth cheesiness.

Quote Originally Posted by Fairyprincess View Post

Well, she's wearing the same outfit she was last seen wearing in Snyder's Justice League, wherein it was revealed that she and Kendra were two parts of the same reincarnation cycle. So while it's an intriguing theory, I doubt the cover is a head-fake.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

It's great to see the Hawks interacting in some fashion, but I have a suspicion that this will lead to Carter being unable to shake his infection because ultimately his heart sings for Kendra (who is likely in his specific reincarnation cycle) the way Shayera's does for Katar.

DC can't have the Hawks function, it'd make fans happy and editorial believes that you won't buy books if heroes are happy. I want to say they're wrong, but market data likely agrees with them.

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    It's great to see the Hawks interacting in some fashion, but I have a suspicion that this will lead to Carter being unable to shake his infection because ultimately his heart sings for Kendra (who is likely in his specific reincarnation cycle) the way Shayera's does for Katar.

DC can't have the Hawks function, it'd make fans happy and editorial believes that you won't buy books if heroes are happy. I want to say they're wrong, but market data likely agrees with them.
    Part of what's weird for me is to have Shayera interacting with the wrong Hawkman, even if they're technically the same Hawkman.

I wonder if that's why they're keeping the Hawks apart. A part of me just thinks it's because Snyder wanted Hawkgirl and Venditti didn't want to have a strong female lead he'd have to juggle.