Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Unpublished Zsasz story from 2000 to be released in 2020

So, back in 2000, DC pulled a Zsasz story that was intended for Gotham Knights #12, and replaced it with a fill in story. I remember when this happened, I was active on DC’s official message boards at the time.

Here is a link confirming this story. You’ll want to scroll all the way down to see Brian Bolland’s awesome unused cover art. (The story itself was written by Devin Grayson, with art by Roger Robinson.)

https://www.cbr.com/comic-book-urban...evealed-122/2/

In the newest solicitations just released today, I noticed something and thought it deserves its own thread.

https://www.cbr.com/dc-comics-solici...december-2019/

BATMAN: ARKHAM: VICTOR ZSASZ TP

written by ALAN GRANT, DOUG MOENCH, KELLEY PUCKETT, DEVIN GRAYSON, JOHN LAYMAN, and others
    art by NORM BREYFOGLE, DUSTIN NGUYEN, JIM BALENT, ROGER ROBINSON, CLIFF CHIANG, and others
    cover by DUSTIN NGUYEN
    No remorse, no mercy...just ruthless death: Victor Zsasz has long been one of Batman’s most formidable enemies, and now his most infamous stories have been collected! This volume includes Zsasz’s debut story arc and much more, including a never before published story by writer Devin Grayson and artist Roger Robinson! Collects Batman: Shadow of the Bat #1-4, Batman: Streets of Gotham #10-11, a story from Batman Chronicles #3, Batman: Batgirl #1, Detective Comics #815-816, a story from Detective Comics (2011) #18, Rogues Gallery #1, and an unpublished story intended for Batman: Gotham Knights #12!
    ON SALE 02.05.20
    $19.99 US | 264 PAGES
    FC | ISBN: 978-1-4012-9897-5
    I am glad this story will finally be released! I already own most of the other material in this trade, but I’ll be picking this up anyway when it’s out. I hope they include Brian Bolland’s original unused cover art!
    Last edited by kevink31593; 09-13-2019 at 04:36 PM.
    Post CBR reboot join date: May 2014, Pre CBR reboot join date: April 2005
    Official DC message boards join date (as Batman Fan 31593): April 2000