Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Feels like a waste, really. Having her admit to him what she did seemed like it was building toward a new interesting dynamic for them. To just kill him off would make me wonder why he was even brought back in the first place.
    I agree with you, it did seem like they were starting to reach new ground in their relationship that could have been a interesting dynamic, which I guess does make this death more impactful for Lois, but at the same time, I think there is more story opportunity with him alive. Especially now that she has a solo book where that relationship could be defined better without the reliance on Superman.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Thoughts:

- I figured Bendis was probably going to out at least one major DC Superhero, but I didn't think he'd do it to Superman. I'm not sure if this one-two-punch status quo shift will help or hinder the President Superman storyline, especially when it's not going to stick. I also just wonder if Bendis really doesn't like secret identities that much.

- Well, Sam Lane's days seemed numbered. Then again, he's died before, so he might just get better.

- Definitely seems like the Bendis Legion is being made to tie-in more to the modern or traditional DCU. What's next, a visit to Themyscira?

- Ha! Matt Fraction in Gotham should be a treat.

- So will Batman and Superman save the Secret Six, or will that be saved for the end of this storyline in Snyder's next event? Poor Supergirl though .
    They might save some of them. This 'new Secret Six' story arc feels like an excuse to kill off Donna and possibly Blue Beetle.

Houser has said she’s going to be the new permanent writer on Supergirl, so I expect Kara will be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Houser has said she’s going to be the new permanent writer on Supergirl, so I expect Kara will be fine.
    Wasn't a fan of who was writing the book currently so this is fine with me, kinda wish Orlando would come back but I like Houser just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    Wasn't a fan of who was writing the book currently so this is fine with me, kinda wish Orlando would come back but I like Houser just fine.
    Fan of Orlando’s run? I didn’t like his run at the start so I dropped it, also didn’t like his JLA, but he’s been putting out good work lately with Martian Manhunter, Gotham Monsters, and his WW fill ins so I’m thinking about going back and rereading his Supergirl.

I’ve enjoyed the current Andrekyo run, but I wouldn’t mind Kara getting some more independence for herself, the current run has been pretty tied at the hip to Bendis Superman.

I think Supergirl's been solid, if not amazing, since Rebirth. I've liked Orlando and Andreyko even if I didn't love them.

Although it's kind of weird to think we have the first female writer on Supergirl since, like, her last New 52 run (?) and it's just when she gets turned evil.

Oh, so we’re outing Superman again? Didn’t we just do that and then retcon (because, amongst many things, it was a bad idea)?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by JonSBF View Post
    Oh, so we’re outing Superman again? Didn’t we just do that and then retcon (because, amongst many things, it was a bad idea)?
    I don't know about that but considering N52 was among my first introduction to comic Superman, i will say it was horribly written. I hated Truth, not for what it was trying to do but for what it did.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I’ve enjoyed the current Andrekyo run, but I wouldn’t mind Kara getting some more independence for herself, the current run has been pretty tied at the hip to Bendis Superman.
    Is it really that surprising though? I mean, two of Secret Six are pulled from some of DC's lowest selling ongoings. That ain't a coincidence. They're hoping ties to larger titles will boost the sales.
    Currently Reading:

DC: The Flash, Challenge of the Super Sons, Nightwing

Image: Lazarus: Risen, The Old Guard, Black Magick

Boom: Mighty Morphin', Power Rangers

Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    Is it really that surprising though? I mean, two of Secret Six are pulled from some of DC's lowest selling ongoings. That ain't a coincidence. They're hoping ties to larger titles will boost the sales.
    A lot of Supergirl fans hate this from the social media and blogs I follow. The ones I talk to say they're tired of Supergirl being made dark and gritty every couple of years to boost sales and I can't say I blame them.

Quote Originally Posted by Lvenger View Post
    A lot of Supergirl fans hate this from the social media and blogs I follow. The ones I talk to say they're tired of Supergirl being made dark and gritty every couple of years to boost sales and I can't say I blame them.
    Now that you mention it, that trend is kind of a thing .

Looking at where Post-Crisis Supergirl went before Sterling Gates...Red Daughter...and now this.

Mighty Member

Oh, I definitely see where they are coming from. It would be frustrating.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Now that you mention it, that trend is kind of a thing .

Looking at where Post-Crisis Supergirl went before Sterling Gates...Red Daughter...and now this.
    Wait, Red Daughter was a comics thing?
    Currently Reading:

DC: The Flash, Challenge of the Super Sons, Nightwing

Image: Lazarus: Risen, The Old Guard, Black Magick

Boom: Mighty Morphin', Power Rangers

When is the last time she was gritty? I’d say the red lantern era but that was years ago at this point. I don’t mind this type of storyline every few years.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    When is the last time she was gritty? I’d say the red lantern era but that was years ago at this point. I don’t mind this type of storyline every few years.
    A lot of them are saying Andrekyo's run had a gritty Supergirl where she was made angry and enraged by Rogol Zaar's axe. Also this happens every couple years and from what I've seen the Supergirl fans say, they're tired of it. You kind of need to keep the core fanbase happy to maintain sales.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    Wait, Red Daughter was a comics thing?
    I think Russian Supergirl was DC Bombshells but I was referring to when she was a Red Lantern.