Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Dweller in the West Primetime Harder's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pendaran View Post
    People are all like "Pendaran, why don't you like respect threads?" And I'm all "I don't know man, it's probably also part of my irrational thing about robots, witches and necromancy."
    What about robot witches casting necromancy? Right out?
    Quote Originally Posted by The Drunkard Kid View Post
    Are there any ghost types that are immune to fire, ice, and gorilla marriage?
    I hate you all, from chimpan a to chimpan z.
    "Doom drinks your milkshake!" -PatchMadripoor

Original join date: 6/2007

BANNED

616 hasn't but Age of Apocalypse split Apocalypse in two.

BANNED

Will Skaar's OldPower disrupt Magneto's magnetism?

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Patchmadripoor View Post
    Will Skaar's OldPower disrupt Magneto's magnetism?
    Given that Mags has done stuff like LOLnope reality warping (Muir Island, against Proteus) and undo a giant dimensional rift being powered by hundreds of harnessed Omega mutants, no, I don't really think so.

And in any case, Skaar's Old Power seems to take some time to charge most of what he wants to use it for, and that charge time is going to see him chopped into pieces by his own sword.

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

Again I ask, is there anything keeping Classic Magneto from ripping the Gamma Radiation out of the Hulks like it was adamantium?

Again I ask, is there anything keeping Classic Magneto from ripping the Gamma Radiation out of the Hulks like it was adamantium?
    If there is, it would be his level of control over radiation (probably high), and the amount of it that he can control at once. There's a LOT of gamma radiation in a Hulk. What are his feats for this ability?

Quote Originally Posted by Primetime Harder View Post
    If there is, it would be his level of control over radiation (probably high), and the amount of it that he can control at once. There's a LOT of gamma radiation in a Hulk. What are his feats for this ability?
    He's done things like undo full-on reality warping on a way-the-hell-past-Hulk scale, he's built a singularity/wormhole and held it in front of himself, he killed a phoenixed-up Jean Grey by stroking her out (as he was critically wounded, no less), and there was the previously-mentioned "undo a Mumbai-and-surrounding-area dimensional warp effect being powered by hundreds of omega-level mutants" thing, that coming after first detecting the energy leading to it.

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    He's done things like undo full-on reality warping on a way-the-hell-past-Hulk scale, he's built a singularity/wormhole and held it in front of himself, he killed a phoenixed-up Jean Grey by stroking her out (as he was critically wounded, no less), and there was the previously-mentioned "undo a Mumbai-and-surrounding-area dimensional warp effect being powered by hundreds of omega-level mutants" thing, that coming after first detecting the energy leading to it.
    Sooo...remind me again why Magneto isn't ranked in the cosmic tier?

The Recipe for Disaster Blackid's Avatar

Sooo...remind me again why Magneto isn't ranked in the cosmic tier?
    ditto to @Primetime's question... they've morphed Magneto into a cosmic it seems like to me... is he labeled such now? Well not since he was depowered but was he basically at that level at full strength?
    The Recipe for Disaster asks for Blasphemy, but as for me, ask for me, I give it gravity.

Well, out of that, the times he screws around with people with the Phoenix force I tend to consider a bridge too far (and one of those was not actually Magneto, that was Xorn, due to retcons). But really the main thing that keeps Magneto as more of a "cosmic lite" is that he's the world's biggest glass cannon sans shields. You pre empt or bypass or otherwise get around his defenses, his durability is that of.. a guy.

That and he's currently depowered.
    Last edited by Pendaran; 05-06-2014 at 06:37 AM.

You pre empt or bypass or otherwise get around his defenses, his durability is that of.. a guy.
    That's a pretty big 'if'. Aside from cosmics and speedsters, the list of people who can do that is very short.

That's a pretty big 'if'. Aside from cosmics and speedsters, the list of people who can do that is very short.
    Or, just sneak up on the guy and take a pot-shot at him, since he's been repeatedly proven to not just maintain a shield all the time. He's got amazing abilities when he's in control of the situation. I mean, he's a legit team-wrecker, and always has been - the overwhelming majority of his defeats when he was a bad guy came due to PIS. There are really only a few folks in his rarified air for power who share his just-a-guy-ness: Graviton is the other really heavy hitter there, and they are pretty equal sorts of dudes: totally capable of ruining a loaded team of Avengers' day, but equally vulnerable to a punch in the jaw if they're not ready for it.

And as far as this being something he's changed into... not really. Back in the 60's, he permanently warped the whole earth's magnetic field to prevent worldwide telepathy and such tricks. It's just that, until the mid-80's, he was only ever portrayed as a villain, never a hero, so he only tangled with heroes. And, for plot (and just general good-guy) reasons, heroes don't typically do stuff like reality warping or try to replace Mumbai and the surrounding province with an extra-dimensional city full of mutants.

Sorry if I created a stomp, I knew Mags was capable, just didn't realize it was THAT capable.
    I guess his only real weakness is that he has no superhuman reaction speed, otherwise he could also wreck a team like the Justice League.....

BANNED

Given that Mags has done stuff like LOLnope reality warping (Muir Island, against Proteus)
    I know he is powerful, but this caught my attention. How exactly does Magneto resist reality warping? I guess the answer is "with magnetism" but then reality warping itself should be able to do anything Magneto can and more.

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    Sorry if I created a stomp, I knew Mags was capable, just didn't realize it was THAT capable.
    I guess his only real weakness is that he has no superhuman reaction speed, otherwise he could also wreck a team like the Justice League.....
    He does have somewhat increased reaction time, but just having super speed wouldn't let him wreck teams like the JLA. He'd need some rather high end super speed to do that. Even then..there is high end super speed and then there is Wally West..who would still be a huge problem unless Magneto was granted reaction time in the billions of times beyond the speed of light range.

But yeah, most people tend to not see him as not that capable because they are used to him from movies and cartoons where he really just controls metal and nothing else. I mean sure the X-Men cartoon in the 90's had him with a forcefield as well, but he still wasn't exactly doing much besides "control metal make a forcefield" with his powers that I remember.

Unfortunately for some reason people tend to rarely get truly creative with what a person could do with complete control over the EM spectrum, at least in movies and tv shows anyways.
    Last edited by Surtur; 05-06-2014 at 09:54 AM.

Given that Mags has done stuff like LOLnope reality warping (Muir Island, against Proteus) and undo a giant dimensional rift being powered by hundreds of harnessed Omega mutants, no, I don't really think so.

And in any case, Skaar's Old Power seems to take some time to charge most of what he wants to use it for, and that charge time is going to see him chopped into pieces by his own sword.
    Depends on what he's doing. If he's pulling energy directly into himself that takes time, and some of the bigger stuff such as screwing around with tectonic plates takes time.

Just using it for plain old geokinesis though doesn't take much time at all.

Skaars speed feats put him at least an arrow timer from what I can remember, catching Trickshot's arrows when he revealed himself as Captain America's mole in the last incarnation of the Dark Avengers.

Someone mentioned Magneto as having really high end reaction time though.