Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Am I the only one who feels like there should only be one Bizarro? A failed clone of Superman. No planet full of duplicates/alternate dimension Earth full of Bizarros. I know it's a very classic idea, but it's one I think should have stayed in the silver age.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    Annataz sevol Orrazib. Trams era elpoep gnidaer drawkcab.
    Nice try, buddy, but I see through your game... I've got a mirror! *makes crazy stupid face* lol

Quote Originally Posted by Tzigone View Post
    Am I the only one who feels like there should only be one Bizarro? A failed clone of Superman. No planet full of duplicates/alternate dimension Earth full of Bizarros. I know it's a very classic idea, but it's one I think should have stayed in the silver age.
    I like the planet idea, actually. I don't think we should see it often at all, maybe once every other year, but I like it. Lots of story potential for the right writer, imo.

Then, there are Lex's clones - smarter (in a sense, since they don't talk backwards) but they tend to half a very short shelf life because most of them break down quickly - the lone exception being the one in the Outsiders. Edit: Outlaws - thanks, Jackalope89!
    Last edited by JAK; 09-17-2019 at 01:46 PM.
    Hear my new CD "Love The World Away", available on iTunes, Google Music, Spotify, Shazam, and Amazon: https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B01N5XYV..._waESybX1C0RXK via @amazon
    www.jamiekelleymusic.com
    TV interview here: https://snjtoday.com/snj-today-hotline-jamie-kelley/

Retired

I recall a story where it was revealed that Bizarro's cubed world was all in his mind. This was a very moving revelation which made me pity the poor guy. Really, he's a very sympathetic character, when written right. He doesn't deserve all the abuse.

Also, I love the two DC hardcovers that he anchored--BIZARRO COMICS and BIZARRO WORLD.

I like the planet idea, actually. I don't think we should see it often at all, maybe once every other year, but I like it. Lots of story potential for the right writer, imo.
    For me, a planet makes no sense. It's even worse as time passes, because it would naturally diverge more and more from the primary earth, so it would lose a lot of its (dubious, IMO) appeal as a weird mirror version.

Quote Originally Posted by Tzigone View Post
    For me, a planet makes no sense. It's even worse as time passes, because it would naturally diverge more and more from the primary earth, so it would lose a lot of its (dubious, IMO) appeal as a weird mirror version.
    Maybe - but perhaps there's some kind of minor psychic link between the worlds.. not so much that either of them realize it, but enough that it maintains the mirror. That could work pretty well, actually.
    Hear my new CD "Love The World Away", available on iTunes, Google Music, Spotify, Shazam, and Amazon: https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B01N5XYV..._waESybX1C0RXK via @amazon
    www.jamiekelleymusic.com

Quote Originally Posted by JAK View Post
    Nice try, buddy, but I see through your game... I've got a mirror! *makes crazy stupid face* lol

Then, there are Lex's clones - smarter (in a sense, since they don't talk backwards) but they tend to half a very short shelf life because most of them break down quickly - the lone exception being the one in the Outsiders.
    Outlaws. That Biz is on the Outlaws.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Outlaws. That Biz is on the Outlaws.
    Oh, $#!+ - yes. Sorry - that's what I get for doing several things at once. Thanks for the catch!
    www.jamiekelleymusic.com

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

I love Bizzaro.

When I was a kid, I loved Bizzaro issue for the same reason you hate it. I savored how long it took to read and think about.

But yeah recently the inconsistency in his speaking patterns has annoyed me.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

I'd love to see Fraction do a Bizzaro book.

Same way he's doing something unique with Jimmy Olson, and did with Hawkeye, I think he could nail it.

Astonishing Member signalman112's Avatar

Superman #140

Superman140.jpg

More human than human thetrellan's Avatar

I think the Lex-tech cloned versions should absolutely be similar to that. The ones from planet Bizarro I think can have the reverse-speak, but there just needs to be structure. Only main nouns with clear opposites (happy/sad, good/bad, etc) or, say, the "no" goes before direct declaratives "me no am Bizarro" - that kinda thing.
    The original duplicated an entire planet using a duplication ray. That's kind of ridiculous for a backwards guy. That the clone version could do the same? Impossible.

There shouldn't even be a Bizarro world. Maybe a Bizarro reality. Only a universe with different physical laws could support a square planet. Gravity would collapse it into a sphere, even if Bizarro could populate it.

More human than human thetrellan's Avatar

Maybe - but perhaps there's some kind of minor psychic link between the worlds.. not so much that either of them realize it, but enough that it maintains the mirror. That could work pretty well, actually.
    I have maintained for years now that the DC multiverse consists of parallel realities, as opposed to divergent ones. Their histories reflect that of the primary, even share many aspects, but are wholly separate. That's the only thing that could explain an Earth where humans have hearts on the right side, and are primarily evil.

Quote Originally Posted by thetrellan View Post
    The original duplicated an entire planet using a duplication ray. That's kind of ridiculous for a backwards guy. That the clone version could do the same? Impossible.
    True, but "Impossible" is a pretty good descriptor of the Silver Age in general.

There shouldn't even be a Bizarro world. Maybe a Bizarro reality. Only a universe with different physical laws could support a square planet. Gravity would collapse it into a sphere, even if Bizarro could populate it.
    I'd be fine with a Bizarro reality, actually. Though the idea of a square planet that shouldn't exist somehow existing and no one knows why sounds intriguing, too.

Quote Originally Posted by thetrellan View Post
    I have maintained for years now that the DC multiverse consists of parallel realities, as opposed to divergent ones. Their histories reflect that of the primary, even share many aspects, but are wholly separate. That's the only thing that could explain an Earth where humans have hearts on the right side, and are primarily evil.
    Yep. And that's basically been confirmed by DC now, more-or-less.
    www.jamiekelleymusic.com

Bizarro World Bizarro, not a big fan of. Though I did like the Bizarro Boyz.

Outlaws Bizarro though, is gold. Lobdell really knocked it out of the park with him, and being a younger brother of sorts to Jason.