3 Batman/Superman #1* $3.99 DC
    4 Superman: Year One #2* $7.99 DC
    5 Powers of X #2 $4.99 Marvel
    6 House of X #3 $4.99 Marvel
    7 House of X #2 $4.99 Marvel
    8 Powers of X #3 $4.99 Marvel
    9 Absolute Carnage #2 $4.99 Marvel
    10 Batman: Curse of The White Knight #2 $4.99 DC
    Last edited by AHRNIHAL; 09-14-2019 at 05:32 AM.

BANNED

Hickman and Cates are outselling BatCatBatCatBatCat just to keep us smiling.

How Pox 2 can outsell HoX 3 by dollars if they have the same price but Hox sold more issues?

Clearly some HoX issues were given away for free.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Or they are more heavily discounted.
    “And I urge you to please notice when you are happy, and exclaim or murmur or think at some point, 'If this isn't nice, I don't know what is.” ― Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    Hickman and Cates are outselling BatCatBatCatBatCat just to keep us smiling.
    Event books have always outsold Bat(Cat). Yet, as those come and go, Bat(Cat) always remains (99%) in the Top 10. Plenty of Hickman/Cates books wishing they were selling as well as Bat(Cat).

I just think it is somehow odd people get a joy out of making it look like Batman is not doing well (I mean, I think it was great Hulk was selling, but where did it go?) instead of just wanting to see more books do as well. Fact is, people can buy Batman AND whatever other book is out there.

Astonishing Member useridgoeshere's Avatar

Be interesting in the next months to see how much re-orders adds to the totals.

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    I just think it is somehow odd people get a joy out of making it look like Batman is not doing well (I mean, I think it was great Hulk was selling, but where did it go?) instead of just wanting to see more books do as well. Fact is, people can buy Batman AND whatever other book is out there.
    I don’t think it’s odd. People like seeing the Patriots and Yankees fail, too. Comes with being on top for a long time and the perception that people will buy anything Bat-related regardless of quality. Disagree that people can buy everything, though. Comic book money and time are finite for most folks. The continuous glut of Bat books clearly takes something out of the market.

Batman lives off popularity. When High Diety DiDio Omnis' masterpiece of a Metal Men series drops and blows every mutant, Avenger, bat, cat, Super, and symbiote out of the goddamn water, the comics market will begin crawling out of the ABYSS it has been in since Glories went on hiatus.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Clearly some HoX issues were given away for free.
    Is that like the overshipping thing they did for some of the Inhumans books?

Exactly like that. Retailers got sent more than what they ordered, and as the second printings testify, it still wasn't enough to satisfy demand!
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Exactly like that. Retailers got sent more than what they ordered, and as the second printings testify, it still wasn't enough to satisfy demand!
    It really is impressive

Batman bok i sso awful, but you know it sells a good amount because it is Batman

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Good for the X-office.
    They deserve and needed this after a few years of not having good sales.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    Good for the X-office.
    They deserve and needed this after a few years of not having good sales.
    I'm not sure they deserve good sales, but they sure need good sales.

It's Marvel's own fault that they let the X-Men's popularity tank with awful storylines from hack writers. I'm glad that they have invested in some talent for this series, but it remains to be seen if they revert back to the shitty inept and inert writing from just a few months ago.

Let's all cross our fingers and hope that Marvel is fully invested in the X-Men for the foreseeable future and that this much-needed event isn't just a flash-in-the-pan.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by useridgoeshere View Post
    Be interesting in the next months to see how much re-orders adds to the totals.

I don’t think it’s odd. People like seeing the Patriots and Yankees fail, too. Comes with being on top for a long time and the perception that people will buy anything Bat-related regardless of quality. Disagree that people can buy everything, though. Comic book money and time are finite for most folks. The continuous glut of Bat books clearly takes something out of the market.
    Glut? 6 books from 2 events are what dominated the Top 10. Oh, and another 'event' book from Marvel. Want to see some other books in the top 10, the flood of event/#1s is what needs to stop. It is all great that HoXPoX is up there, but the sad thing is when it becomes a monthly, no (Marvel) reader is going to care anymore.

Astonishing Member useridgoeshere's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    Glut?
    Glut. In July ... Batman 74, Batman 75, Detective Comics 1007, Detective Comics 1008, Batman Last Knight on Earth 2, Batman Curse of the White Knight 1, Batman Who Laughs 7, Batman Secret Files 2, Batman Universe 1, and Batman TMNT 3. Now, there’s also a new Batman/Superman book leading into a Batman Who Laughs event.

I hope the X books are good enough quality to sustain some of this energy. Obviously not at these levels, but it’d end nice to see a couple of them back at the top of ongoing Marvel series with Spider-man and Hulk.