Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Default What video game genre would be most appropriate for each hero?

Most people seem to want to use Batman: Arkham as a template, but obviously, not all superheroes are Batman, so they probably wouldn't work in a stealth game. What genre would be most appropriate for each hero? If it would be easier, you can suggest a video game that you'd like to influence it.

Green Lantern-The World Ends with You or The Wonderful 101
    Considering how the main focuses of the Green Lantern Corps is that they're space cops who can create anything with their rings, games that focus on drawing mechanics would work well with them.

Wonder Woman-God of War
    Let's be real. Everyone has thought of this. While WW's more routed in Greco-Roman mythology, I think the 2018 gameplay mechanics would be more fitting as they allow for more customization.

Aquaman-Nier
    I watched the movie and instantly thought "This would make a great Action RPG". The problem is that there aren't many RPGs with good water mechanics, so that would be a hurdle. Nier and its sequel would probably be the closest RPG to what i would be thinking of.

Superman-Final Fantasy VII REMAKE
    This is easily the trickiest because of how picky most people are with what they want in a Superman game. Even worse FFVII hasn't even come out yet, so I'm basing everything off of trailers and what I think the game would be like. The only thing I'm sure of is that the enemies are actually able to hurt Superman. There are many things capable of hurting Superman and they really aren't rare either. The idea that Superman shouldn't have a healthbar feels ludicrous to me.

Flash-Sonic
    Does this even need to be said? The problem is mostly like Superman's problem of creating convincing threats and enemies. If we can make the mechanics work, then why not?

I imagine the only way for it to be challenging to Flash is for him to play multiple characters in the same game, or a bunch of different games at once.

Green Lanterns
    John Stewart would be all about Minecraft
    Guy Gardner - Gears of War
    Kyle - Overwatch
    Baz - Grand Theft Auto of course!
    Jessica - Animal Crossing
    Hal - I would think any kind of flight simulation game would be boring to him, and he'd need real stakes for it to be fun, so.... online poker.

Fantastic Member Mutatis_Mutandis's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    I imagine the only way for it to be challenging to Flash is for him to play multiple characters in the same game, or a bunch of different games at once.

Green Lanterns
    John Stewart would be all about Minecraft
    Guy Gardner - Gears of War
    Kyle - Overwatch
    Baz - Grand Theft Auto of course!
    Jessica - Animal Crossing
    Hal - I would think any kind of flight simulation game would be boring to him, and he'd need real stakes for it to be fun, so.... online poker.
    Based on Hal's idea of vacation, wouldn't he be for some medieval fantasy adventure game where he got to play a knight lol.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Green Arrow gameplay would be Tomb Raider or The Last of Us

Wonder Woman - Darksiders 2 or Bayonetta

Shadowpact - X-Men Legends/Marvel Ultimate Alliance

Arsenal - Devil May Cry

Green Lantern - Bayonetta

Static - Infamous

Superman - Fighting Games
    Wonder Woman - God of War
    Green Lantern - Star Fox
    Flash - Sonic
    Green Arrow - Batman Arkham

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Static - Infamous
    It seems so obvious now that you've said it.

Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    It seems so obvious now that you've said it.
    Not like I could think of anything else

Huntress - ‘Tomb Raider meets Nancy Drew in Max Payne’
    All the action of Max with the puzzles and mystery from the other two.

Blue Beetle/Booster Gold - a Toejam and Earl type game with them time traveling to stop the Weapons Master and various b-villains, with a guest appearance by Ambush Bug.

Legion of Super-Heroes - a Final Fantasy Tactics style game with graphics similar to Marvel Alliance. A roster of heroes larger than any MA game, with isometric maps similar to FFT. Other versions of Legion can also be alternate versions in the game.

The Lost World of the Warlord - Fallout meets Skartaris. Same gameplay but in a lush fantasy setting with swords, tech and sorcery.
    Last edited by Lee Stone; 09-14-2019 at 11:49 AM.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

I always wanted a Mirror's Edge type game for Nightwing
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

A Yakuza style fighting game for Cassandra Cain

Dishonored combining stealth, magic and sword fighting for Acrata

I want a roadtrip style like Final Fantasy XV for Green Lantern/Green Arrow. This going to be fun.

Jason Todd/Red Hood- Saints Row 1 and 2. Maybe even 3. 4... Its fun, but not really in the same vein as the other 3.

Fantastic Member qwertyuiop1998's Avatar

I personally think Simulation Game genre for Green Lantern Corps, Say a Green Lanterns game similar to Fire Emblem: ThreeHouses
    Last edited by qwertyuiop1998; 09-14-2019 at 02:30 PM.
    "Dangerous Zombie! Transform!! Click And Load! Buggle UP! Danger! Danger! Death The Crisis! Dangerous Zombie!" Kamen Rider Gemn
    (In first he's mysterious and evil and now he's psycho and crazy and insane and evil AND "The Meme Lord"LOL.)

I think a stealth-type game would work well for Vixen, si nce she could mimic a lot of animals that use stealth when hunting prey.
    Black Panther - Champion of Bast
    Vixen - Champion of Anansi