Incredible Member

Default JSA return. Getting my hopes up for a return!!!

So am I wrong to get my hopes up?

Large collection of the JSA stories on the original Earth 2. Ok’ing our. Add to that, we are getting a new printing of the Huntress stories featuring Helena WAYNE.

Is the returning JSA gonna be on Earth 2 with most of their history intact???

Mighty Member

The December cover with the JSA intermingled with the JLA is encouraging since the JSA members look like I remember them.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

I was excited for the Legion of Superheroes return too........ don't get your hopes up.

I say you should always get your hopes up. If it turns out badly, you'd be disappointed either way, but this way you'll at least get to enjoy the anticipation.

Constant in Opal Nine Crocodile's Avatar

My guess (and it's only a guess) is that they won't be on Earth-2. But Scott Snyder does appear to have long range plans for them. I'm cautiously optimistic.

I'm glad they're back but I'm hoping we don't have to go through another "The JSA meets the Justice League and the modern DCU" all over again.

I think the JSA concept is best suited towards being on another Earth. The multi-generational aspect of the franchise gets overshadowed when it needs to share a planet with the modern-day introduction of the Trinity and the other Silver Age and later characters. But as long as the focus is on the original JSAers and their proteges/kids, any focus on why they didn't have any real effect on history can be unmentioned.

The question about how much of the original intent of Rebirth actually remains is unknown. I've been focused on the inclusion of Wally and Jay's COIE 12 scene in the Rebirth special as a sign the JSA would be coming back relatively close to how they were pre-Flashpoint/nu52. I'm put off by the reaction Barry gave Jay in the recent Justice league when it seems Barry's totally forgotten about the Button story.

It's like Geoff Johns had a dinner menu planned and food in the oven, but when the food didn't vook fast enough, King, Snyder, Tyrion, and new dinner guest Bendis started planning their own menu. I just wanna eat and then worry about whether the food's good or not.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by bretmaverick2 View Post
    So am I wrong to get my hopes up?

Large collection of the JSA stories on the original Earth 2. Ok’ing our. Add to that, we are getting a new printing of the Huntress stories featuring Helena WAYNE.

Is the returning JSA gonna be on Earth 2 with most of their history intact???
    If the original Earth 2 JSA, complete with the original Helena Wayne Huntress returned, I'd be over the moon, but I doubt it.

I'll be pleasantly shocked if it happens. Great thing about being a cynic, is that all the surprises are pleasant ones.

I would LOVE to see a modern day JSA, with both some old guard and legacy members mixed in...but we all seem to be making a basic assumption that the JSA will be brought to the present day.

What we've seen so far in JL is a JSA in the past that (fairly) closely match their golden age roster and costumes.
    (Yes, yes, yes, assuming Flash, GL, and Hourman were previous members who came back for a big event since we're also seeing Starman and Dr. Midnite).

Three things are possible at this point:
    -Either any upcoming JSA books will take place in the Golden Age, or...
    -Something will need to bring a younger JSA into the present and thrust forward in time, or...
    -The JSA will have lived out their lives back in the day and have long since dies of old age EXCEPT for any immortal members.

Honestly, I hope it's the second one. I'd like to see the JSA pulled forward, probably after the events of the 1952 McCarthy hearings,
    and have a "first meeting" with the heroes of today. The first meeting hasn't happened in any reboots since it was first told in 1962...
    that was 57 years ago, so feeling like we could revisit that event without it being too redundant.