Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Ultimate Member

Still wanna see it, yes.

I mean, wasting good casting is an X-Men thing these days, but if you don't worry about a sequel, you're fine

Oh I will sure as hell watch it whenever it comes out (although that may not be saying much since I usually see 200+ new releases in a given year anyway, so of course I’ll watch the one based on one of my favorite comics.) I suspect its legacy will be more as a curio along the lines of the Generation X TV movie (in which Jubilee was white, hmmmm) or Pryde of the X-Men (which didn’t whitewash anyone AFAIK but did hilariously make Wolverine Australian)

It’s too bad because Anya Taylor-Joy is great and such a cool choice for Illyana. I’d say they should bring her back once it’s time to cast that character in the MCU but she’ll likely have aged out that far down the road. (And no, I don’t buy for a second that rumor that all references to the other Fox movies were scrubbed, at least not for the purpose of leaving the door open to retroactively bring it into the MCU. Not making a big deal about a futureless franchise I could understand, but no way is Feige going to fold in a likely subpar film that he had nothing to do with.)

No interest. Wake me when we get a MCU New Mutants movie.

Way more excited for the comic than the movie, and I absolutely hate the Sunspot casting.
    The Avengers are Firefighters. We're the ones who fly into the blaze, whatever it is. Because we're the ones who
    can, so we're the ones who have to.~Captain Marvel

It is a mix of my two favorite genres in film. I really hope I get to see this film some day.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

When it's (in cinemas or) on Disney+, I'll be excited. Until then, no.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Short answer, no.
    Long answer, no lol.

If it miraculously shows up on Netflix, I'll give the poor orphan a curiosity viewing. But I'm not interested enough to sign up for Disney+, Hulu, or pony up the money for a DVD, no.

I am not even a little bit interested.

Ultimate Member

Can I just watch the parts with Arya as Rahne? 'Cause I don't think I want to see the rest of this...

That's what makes it fun! Ricochet Rita's Avatar

I was enormously excited when I watched the trailer and the cast and read about the previous material, it was by far the movie I was most interested in the MCU, it looked just perfect.

Now I'm as well enormously sad. Still, yes, IF there'll be a NM movie someday, I will sure watch it, good or not, because I love my gang.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Yupp...still very much interested.

Interested? Well, yes.
    Big chances it will be the only movie featuring mutants I care about.
    Bringing back the old, killing the young: that's the Marvel way

Quote Originally Posted by bretmaverick2 View Post
    Anyone else losing interest?
    Not yet, I wanna see Anya Taylor Joy as Magik so bad

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

As a huge fan of the New Mutants (who has every issue of their first series and the first 100 issues of X-Force) I was so excited for this movie. I saw the animatics they did and those looked awesome and that just raised my excitement. Then I saw the dud of a trailer that just looked like a generic haunted house movie. I mean come on this a movie about kids with powers and they didn't show even one using them?!? Without the word "mutants" in the title you would have no clue these kids are supposed to have superpowers. I knew right then that this movie was in trouble.

At this point I just don't care really but if it come on Hula I will give a it look just to see if it is better than I am afraid it turned out.