Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Yes, because I like the cast not the concept.

I HATE who they casted for Sunspost and Cecelia. And to an extent Dani. So no. I’m not interested. That cast is such a turn off.

Quote Originally Posted by Celestial View Post
    I HATE who they casted for Sunspost and Cecelia. And to an extent Dani. So no. I’m not interested. That cast is such a turn off.
    It hurts even more because they put so much effort into making sure they got great, accurate actors for Rahne, Illyana, and Sam but then Josh Boone said “lol well three for three right?” and poopied the bed with the rest.

BANNED

Why not? Is there something to lose?

I’m pumped. All the casting is perfect!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Celestial View Post
    It appears that the cast is 99% caucasian.

Alice and Henry are from Brazil and Brown. Blu is a Native American.

They are just not black enough. These same people claim Alex Shipp wasn’t black enough to play Storm. This isn’t a Scarlet Johansson situation. These are POC actors that just are not dark enough for some.

Quote Originally Posted by Slicknickshady View Post

They are just not black enough. These same people claim Alex Shipp wasn’t black enough to play Storm. This isn’t a Scarlet Johansson situation. These are POC actors that just are not dark enough for some.
    The Rock is black so he should play John Henry, Zoe Saldana is black so she should play Nina Simone, Michael Ealy is Black so he should play Luke Cage, Boris Kojo is Black he should play Blade. Without a doubt some black and latino people can be to light skinned for character who was portrayed with darker skin. Alexander Shipp and Halle Berry were both black enough to play Storm BUT someone like Danai Gurira, Kiki Layne, Aja Naomi King,Anna Diop, Yetide Badaki or Lupita nyong'o would be way better casting for Storm and would be more in line with her presentation in the book.

I have no problem with adjusting fictional roles for a actor but most people aren't going pretend that these actors are inline with what we visual see in the books and understand their backgrounds to be . They change part for the actor nothing is wrong with that . Celia Reyes and Roberto Da Acosta are Afro Latino but hey perfect casting right?

Anyways moving on topic itself I am curious how bad is the movie. Dark Phoenix was surprisingly mediocre I am curious if it is trash fire or just meh
    Last edited by Killerbee911; 09-15-2019 at 10:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Slicknickshady View Post

The casting is garbage
    The promotion is garbage
    People excited about Garbage
    GrindrStone(D)

That's what makes it fun! Ricochet Rita's Avatar

I too think that the actor and actress playing Berto and Cecelia should be indoubtedly black, because the characters are so and it's important (mainly in the first case, since it has relevance in his development), independently of their nationality.

Yet, am I still interested in watching a New Mutants movie with those Illyana and Rahne in it? Hell, yes.

X-Men & Green Lantern Fan Sam Robards, Comic Fan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    Maybe it's just my monitor, but Sunspot looks green in the comic image you pulled; however, I still take your meaning. Don't know anything about the actor playing him, but it seems like the character's been lightened up a bit (literally) in the comics over the last few years (at least compared to his earlier appearances: see U.S. Avengers), so I find it hard to get that upset about it. I certainly don't fault anybody that does, though.

I really like Alice Braga, but she's not Cecilia Reyes. Sorry.

Overall, I'm still not convinced this movie's actually gonna get released theatrically, but I figure I'll watch it at some point if it does. Of course, I said that about Venom and Shazam and I still haven't gotten the time to watch those. Maybe if they actually released them on Netflix...
    What can I say but, "I love comics."

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

No joke the trailer is still shown in my country for Marvel related movies. I think it's an in-joke at the cinema or something.
    The fact it has nothing to do with super heroics doesn't make me interested.
    At least they got an actress that looks like Magik.
    "Cable was right!"

Incredible Member

Yes I'm curious to see how they pull off the horror aspect. But I like the cast for the most part

I still would like to see it.

Astonishing Member

Honestly, I was never terribly excited to begin, but with the bad casting and endless delays, even less.