Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Results 46 to 52 of 52
  1. #46
    Incredible Member pandafarmer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    526

    Default

    Honestly the way they've treated X-Men in general over the last 10 or whatever movies the casting here is just another fine example of FOX dropping the ball.

    So this being said, I've waited to see this team on film for decades and I'll take what I can get. Anja Joy Taylor and Masie Williams are too perfect IMO to skip this one if it hits theaters.

    Honestly I hope it does well. I hope that it opens doors for Mutants to come over into the MCU because another Foxflop just means it'll take longer for MCU to do the X-Men characters better. Notice I didn't say... right... just better.

  2. #47

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pandafarmer View Post
    Honestly the way they've treated X-Men in general over the last 10 or whatever movies the casting here is just another fine example of FOX dropping the ball.

    So this being said, I've waited to see this team on film for decades and I'll take what I can get. Anja Joy Taylor and Masie Williams are too perfect IMO to skip this one if it hits theaters.

    Honestly I hope it does well. I hope that it opens doors for Mutants to come over into the MCU because another Foxflop just means it'll take longer for MCU to do the X-Men characters better. Notice I didn't say... right... just better.
    It sounds like Marvel has a bit more confidence in the latest edit that returns it to be closer to the original script. I imagine if they had a choice they would refilm the whole thing, at the same time if it does moderately well they can re-use some of the actors and actresses in a sequel that is more under Marvel's editorial control.

    Marvel seems to have more confidence in New Mutants than they did in Dark Phoenix, I think though that the bad taste people have after Dark Phoenix is going to hurt New Mutants because it was produced by some of the same people.

  3. #48
    Amazing Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    65

    Default

    Curious at first.

    Not really interested anymore.

  4. #49

    Default

    Was I excited? No, slightly interested? Maybe but then...

    Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    I was on board before they made Sunspot a white dude. Yeah, he's brazilian, but it's still a big nope from me.
    This happened! The Cecelia Reyes decable was the icing on top, I mean how many Black Latina fictional characters exist especially in Hollywood. I often wonder do they even research the characters their writing scripts for? Google is one click away and yet!

    Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    As a huge fan of the New Mutants (who has every issue of their first series and the first 100 issues of X-Force) I was so excited for this movie. I saw the animatics they did and those looked awesome and that just raised my excitement. Then I saw the dud of a trailer that just looked like a generic haunted house movie. I mean come on this a movie about kids with powers and they didn't show even one using them?!? Without the word "mutants" in the title you would have no clue these kids are supposed to have superpowers. I knew right then that this movie was in trouble.

    At this point I just don't care really but if it come on Hula I will give a it look just to see if it is better than I am afraid it turned out.
    And ding, ding, the sole reason I'm averse to Fox as it relates to the X-men, I mean is there another franchise in film history with a more confusing timeline and series of stories. But that's not even the best part, that's the complete and utter distaste any/all creators have towards the main series. Almost immediately they detach whatever their doing from the main franchise. Which brings me to my final point for such a diverse and varied franchise, my God has Fox gone out of its way to make the most bland, and inconsequential movies. I feel especially with the hatchet job of removing any mentions of the Xmen from this film, I see another DP coming!

  5. #50
    Incredible Member pandafarmer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    526

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    It sounds like Marvel has a bit more confidence in the latest edit that returns it to be closer to the original script. I imagine if they had a choice they would refilm the whole thing, at the same time if it does moderately well they can re-use some of the actors and actresses in a sequel that is more under Marvel's editorial control.

    Marvel seems to have more confidence in New Mutants than they did in Dark Phoenix, I think though that the bad taste people have after Dark Phoenix is going to hurt New Mutants because it was produced by some of the same people.
    Honestly seeing Magik in Doctor Strange 2 would give me the breath I need to carry me to the MCU X-Men film.

  6. #51
    New Mutant TOTALITY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    841

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    It sounds like Marvel has a bit more confidence in the latest edit that returns it to be closer to the original script. I imagine if they had a choice they would refilm the whole thing, at the same time if it does moderately well they can re-use some of the actors and actresses in a sequel that is more under Marvel's editorial control.

    Marvel seems to have more confidence in New Mutants than they did in Dark Phoenix, I think though that the bad taste people have after Dark Phoenix is going to hurt New Mutants because it was produced by some of the same people.
    I think if Disney had a choice then this film wouldn't exist -- Marvel has no creative investment in it; I doubt Feige is going to be involved at any stage. Now it's just a game of managing the inevitable financial loss they inherited, probably still the responsibility of some of the remaining Fox people. Disney will only greenlight reshoots if there's a very strong case that they'll improve the film to a degree that would significantly affect the bottom line, and the filmmakers have to have an exact plan for what they're going to do and what it'll cost, so definitely the way out of this situation nobody asked for would never be to reshoot the whole movie. Feige is never going to willingly absorb a mediocre movie in hopes of getting it right in a sequel. (Well, history indicates otherwise, but I'm sure they didn't think Iron Man 2 and Thor 2 would be so mediocre when they started making them, lol.)

    Basically this is never going to be a "turn lemons into lemonade" situation for Feige because he has an unlimited lemonade fountain under his full control, and these destined-to-be-quickly-forgotten lemons are someone else's problem.

    That said, I do hope there's stuff here of interest to me and other fans of the characters, and I look forward to seeing it whenever/however it sees the light of day.

  7. #52
    The Best There Is Wolverine12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,756

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pandafarmer View Post
    Honestly seeing Magik in Doctor Strange 2 would give me the breath I need to carry me to the MCU X-Men film.
    YES PLEASE! After credits spoiler, cameo or small role in the film? What would you like to see? Personally I'd like to see her in the after credits.
    You brought back Wolverine

    The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •