Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
I used to pride myself on all my Superman triva knowledge--now I don't know diddly squat.
Given how continuity is these days, who does? Hell, practically any answer could be correct at this point; there's so many conflicting tales and contradictions and outright blank spaces......

But I don't mean the actual details of a era/continuity/whatever. I mean the basic, general approach, the main themes, stuff like that. I'm definitely not throwing the "you're not a real fan!" bullsh*t out there; if you like a character, even if it's just one particular version, you're a fan. There's no lines in the sand here, yknow?

What I mean is like, okay, maybe you really loved the Tomasi/Rebirth era stuff and someone hands you a Golden Age omnibus and you go "I have no interest in reading crappy, prototype comics from almost a century ago! The craft is more mature, intelligent, and refined now, why would I want to go back and read stuff that's completely disconnected from today and of lower quality?" But the Rebirth era was a continuation of a post-Crisis/triangle era take on Superman. As some of us have heard, Byrne built post-Crisis with a lot of Golden Age inspirations. So if Rebirth was inspired by Byrne, and Byrne was inspired by the Golden Age.....maybe that fan of Tomasi would discover those old comics are a lot more fun than they thought they'd be. And they'd get a wider, bigger view of who Superman has been through his different iterations too. I mean, more knowledge is never a bad thing right?