View Poll Results: Should we continue to discuss OMD or should be ban/curtail it?

Voters
53. You may not vote on this poll
  • A total ban on discussing OMD/One More Day/OMIT. No ifs, ands, and buts.

3 5.66%
  • No ban! It's a major Spider-Man story with lasting impact on continuity.

32 60.38%
  • A separate thread for discussing just that with a sticky but no discussions outside that.

14 26.42%
  • OMD and discussing it doesn't bother me, I couldn't care less.

7 13.21%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Quote Originally Posted by catbellysqueezer View Post
    Still new to comics so I don't know the history of this, but why don't they just make multiple series with different relationships in each
    They kind of did that with the Renew Your Vows series which was created for the Peter and MJ marriage shippers, and fueled by their innumerous numbers in fandom and the power of *true love*, the title rode to the top of the sales charts where it has stayed in spite of dread-demon Quesada, never to be cancelled at all~
    ♪ღ♪*•.¸¸¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪ღ♪¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪ღ♪•*

♪ღ♪░NORAH░WINTERS░FOR░SPIDER-WAIFU░♪ღ♪

*•♪ღ♪*•.¸¸¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪ღ♪•«

Quote Originally Posted by catbellysqueezer View Post
    Still new to comics so I don't know the history of this, but why don't they just make multiple series with different relationships in each
    There have been occasional side series (for example, the Spider-Girl and more recent Renew Your Vows series had different takes on Peter Parker and Mary Jane Watson as a married couple with a daughter, while the Marvel Adventures stuff invented a brand-new girlfriend character for Peter, while bing published alongside the main comics where Spidey was single). Thing is, AU series and B-titles usually don't sell as well and rarely rival the main comics in terms of popularity (Ultimate Marvel, esp. the Spider-Man stuff, being one of the few exceptions).
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

BANNED

Spider-Girl wasn't created as a side-series to focus on the relationship though. It was created by Tom Defalco when Peter and MJ were still married in the regular continuity. And the Spider-Girl comics were largely about Mayday and rarely ever looked much at Peter/MJ's relationship. In those comics, Peter and MJ were Mom and Dad first and married couple second.

It shouldn't be banned at all, but people who constantly bring it up should cut back on mentioning it.
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    Spider-Girl wasn't created as a side-series to focus on the relationship though. It was created by Tom Defalco when Peter and MJ were still married in the regular continuity. And the Spider-Girl comics were largely about Mayday and rarely ever looked much at Peter/MJ's relationship. In those comics, Peter and MJ were Mom and Dad first and married couple second.
    See the point.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Take Me Higher The Negative Zone's Avatar
    Earth. (Unless I've been kidnapped by Skrulls)

A total ban is unreasonable, but there is far too much excess talk of it. OMD was a long time ago. It is the biggest and most infamous storyline to happen to Spider-Man. Everyone hates it.

But while there are eras of Spider-Man where he can be defined as a romantic character due to his love for MJ, at his heart Spider-Man storylines can still be enjoyed. Even without MJ or without the marriage. I can understand the feelings of shippers who enjoy the romantic aspect of Spider-Man but honestly let's just get over it. Not every discussion has to revolve around MJ x Peter, the marriage, or OMD.