View Poll Results: Should we continue to discuss OMD or should be ban/curtail it?

Voters
53. You may not vote on this poll
  • A total ban on discussing OMD/One More Day/OMIT. No ifs, ands, and buts.

3 5.66%
  • No ban! It's a major Spider-Man story with lasting impact on continuity.

32 60.38%
  • A separate thread for discussing just that with a sticky but no discussions outside that.

14 26.42%
  • OMD and discussing it doesn't bother me, I couldn't care less.

7 13.21%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Do We Talk About One More Day Too Much?

I will agree with several other users that OMD has created a toxic environment on this board. For example, when anyone floats the idea, even in just, that Peter should be with Felicia or Gwen (resurrected perhaps or alternate version) or someone else for a while they are all but crucified. The crux of the diehard Peter/MJ shippers rage seems to be because MJ was cheated out of her position as wife Peter should never be involved with anyone else romantically ever again. This behavior at times even devolves into page-long dissertations that are little more than character assassination pieces directed against the potential love interest to prove they don't deserve to take MJ's crown. Such an unwavering stance often takes the fun out of posting here.

Edit - I'm going to say this now. MJ is only the love interest she is NOT the star of this story or even co-star, Peter Parker is the star. If she disappeared tomorrow I'd miss her but I'd still read about Peter's adventures.
    Last edited by Celgress; 09-14-2019 at 06:01 PM.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."