View Poll Results: Should we continue to discuss OMD or should be ban/curtail it?

Voters
53. You may not vote on this poll
  • A total ban on discussing OMD/One More Day/OMIT. No ifs, ands, and buts.

3 5.66%
  • No ban! It's a major Spider-Man story with lasting impact on continuity.

32 60.38%
  • A separate thread for discussing just that with a sticky but no discussions outside that.

14 26.42%
  • OMD and discussing it doesn't bother me, I couldn't care less.

7 13.21%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    I actually think if some of you are serious, you should make a case on the mod boards about censoring and outright banning discussions of OMD on this forum. For the sake of fairness, add in people complaining about Sins' Past and Clone Saga while you are at it.
    been there, done that

trying to shame fellow CBR
    nope.

One thing I have never done is call people who disagree with me as "toxic".
    maybe i'm wrong, but i thought the people referred to as toxic were the ones noted as already being banned
    troo fan or death

I actually think if some of you are serious, you should make a case on the mod boards about censoring and outright banning discussions of OMD on this forum. For the sake of fairness, add in people complaining about Sins' Past and Clone Saga while you are at it.

Otherwise, this recent round of posts is way off-topic and amounts to a small bunch of posters trying to shame fellow CBR users simply because they are discussing something (OMD) that is actually related to this thread and the original post.

One thing I have never done is call people who disagree with me as "toxic". Maybe because on other sites I came across actual toxic people. like actual misogynists who say the worst things on the crawlspace boards, or on tvtropes a guy who actually justified Hank Pym slapping Janet as being "right" (i.e. a real MRA guy who made Hank as their champion).

I don't think being tired of OMD discussions justifies anyone referring to that as "toxic" at least not without a wider frame of reference of actual toxic behavior online and elsewhere. Is OMD as toxic as Comicsgate? If not, then maybe another word than toxic might be useful.
    Thanks for the tip. I just put in a notice. Hope to hear from them soon regarding this topic.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by boots View Post
    been there, done that
    Why didn't they ban it? Just curious.

nope.
    If that's not the intent, then why do other posters like Electricmaestro and TinkerSpider ask aloud about what this talk about toxicity refers to then? Because they are on topic and discussing stuff while posters around them are saying it shouldn't be discussed and discussing it itself creates toxicity.

maybe i'm wrong, but i thought the people referred to as toxic were the ones noted as already being banned
    If they are banned, they can't post here or reply here and so it's not a real concern then. So the logical assumption is it's referring to fellow posters here, right?

If not, then please clarify that. And also please tell me where on the toxicity spectrum does OMD fit. Same boat as Comicsgate? Different boat? Toxic in spirit but not in letter.

Why didn't they ban it? Just curious.
    from memory...they didn't want to restrict conversation. i was told by someone "inside" that they were also afraid limiting omd chat would limit the traffic to the board.

If that's not the intent, then why do other posters like Electricmaestro and TinkerSpider ask aloud about what this talk about toxicity refers to then? Because they are on topic and discussing stuff while posters around them are saying it shouldn't be discussed and discussing it itself creates toxicity.
    omd is not on topic for this thread. its tangental. if omd is brought up, discussions around omd and its affect on fandom are probably to be expected.

If they are banned, they can't post here or reply here and so it's not a real concern then. So the logical assumption is it's referring to fellow posters here, right?
    did people not use the term "banned" for context? there may be a fear for some that omd is like honey to those bees and will attract the like again. me? i'm just tired of seeing nothing new come out of the omd discussions. nothing. new.

If not, then please clarify that. And also please tell me where on the toxicity spectrum does OMD fit. Same boat as Comicsgate? Different boat? Toxic in spirit but not in letter.
    not sure why you're trying to get me to prove an assertion i've never made. weird flex.
    troo fan or death

BANNED

omd is not on topic for this thread. its tangental. if omd is brought up, discussions around omd and its affect on fandom are probably to be expected.
    As per Mister Mets' Original Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    Looking at older threads, I noticed a lot of discussion about bringing back the marriage, and One More Day, most of which predated the reconciliation between Peter and MJ in Spencer and Ottley's first issue?

So, it may be time to have that discussion. What should happen next?

Should they stay together in the foreseeable future the way they are now? Should they remember One More Day, and/or get married again? Should they have a kid/ learn that Baby May is alive? Should they break up?

My preference would be to keep them together, but to give them some conflicts and to shake up the status quo (IE- MJ gets an offer to join the ensemble of a hit show that films in another continent.)

What do you guys want to see next?
    So OMD Is part of the OP and as such part of the topic.

The way I read that meant that he was asking for options. OMD wasn't the central focus of this thread, it's a cause (because it keeps coming up in every conversation). Are you not understanding what we're saying???

ouch. i'll take that one on the chin. i should really start to read the op's, buuuut... i know i won't.

but the in-universe question of "characters remembering omd" threatens to become "marvel/quesada bad jms good" which then threatens to become "omd is toxic" which then threatens to become...another day on cbr really

the problem of threads getting derailed remains.
    Last edited by boots; 09-14-2019 at 08:31 PM.
    troo fan or death

BANNED

my honest answer is...i don't know. i never have an end-game of how i want things to turn out in any story, because who gives two shits what i want?
    Well I actually do. I give two shits for what everyone on CBR wants, and that includes you too.

So what would be your idea of an endgame. Either now, or something you thought before that you might like to share.

Well I actually do. I give two shits for what everyone on CBR wants, and that includes you too.

So what would be your idea of an endgame. Either now, or something you thought before that you might like to share.
    You missed the second part of his statement though: we've got to trust the writer to take it somewhere interesting.

this confuses me
    troo fan or death

Quote Originally Posted by WebSlingWonder View Post
    You missed the second part of his statement though: we've got to trust the writer to take it somewhere interesting.
    yeah, i thought that was clear? also the not having an endgame. ever.
    troo fan or death

BANNED

this confuses me
    I was trying to be encouraging. Sorry, I guess I misread.

this confuses me
    Exactly, maybe some of us don't care about endgame as we'll likely be long since dead if/when such a story state is ever reached. I know I'm here for the journey, not the destination.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

I was trying to be encouraging. Sorry, I guess I misread.
    ok, i see that. no, i'm not hiding my desires for fear of repercussion. i want to go where the writer wants to take me. if i don't like his/her rollercoaster ride, then i'll get off.
    troo fan or death

ok, i see that. no, i'm not hiding my desires for fear of repercussion. i want to go where the writer wants to take me. if i don't like his/her rollercoaster ride, then i'll get off.
    This is how I approach stories as well.

Edit - No need to make myself miserable over something I can't control especially fiction.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."