Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Ultimate Member

It could be interesting to 'discover' that Marius is older than he looks, and that by feeding on someone, he can muck with their memories (so that his 'father' remembers him as a son (that he killed and replaced), and not a distant ancestor who has been creeping around the family for many generations).

Establishing him as super-old could then tie him to another super-old vampiric mutant, who has already shown a predilection for grooming young mutants of an amoral nature and gifting them with a smidge of her immortal vampiric nature...

And so Selene becomes the author of some of Monet's biggest woes, despite possibly never even having met her. "Oh, something I did on a whim a century or so ago, has ruined your family's lives for generations? How wonderful!"

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    Yeah. Her father, and the rest of her family, didn't turn white until X-Men vol 4...
    Well, no, her grandfather was, and is, a white dude. Given that her mother was algerian royalty, probably her unnamed grandmother was meant to be the black one. In my headcanon she is a superglamurous american jazz singer form the sixties.
    I really would like that someday someone would explore her family and their connection to the Mutant Underground. With the massive retcon going on, now it would be the moment to do it.

Mighty Member

Of the powers he had, I liked his mutant aura power the best. His first appearance in Gen X vol 1 issue 1 was a powerful debut. Between that and his ability to absorb energy he is quite the powerhouse. I would love a brotherhood with him and King Bedlam.. We really need more villains of color. All this talk of a Black Magento makes me think Mose Magnum should have been pushed a huge threat long ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Paleo_Rage View Post
    Of the powers he had, I liked his mutant aura power the best. His first appearance in Gen X vol 1 issue 1 was a powerful debut. Between that and his ability to absorb energy he is quite the powerhouse. I would love a brotherhood with him and King Bedlam.. We really need more villains of color. All this talk of a Black Magento makes me think Mose Magnum should have been pushed a huge threat long ago.
    Was Moses Magnum a Mutant? I cannot remember. I remember when he made Banshee lost his voice, of course, but I am a bit fuzzy on the details.

Quote Originally Posted by Leirus View Post
    Well, no, her grandfather was, and is, a white dude.
    It just as equally likely be Emplates grandmother whos a royal descendant
    +
    Pretty sure it was the immediate family SF was referring to.
    GrindrStone(D)

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    It just as equally likely be Emplates grandmother whos a royal descendant
    +
    Pretty sure it was the immediate family SF was referring to.
    Yep. Immediate family who started of black, then became white. Like here.

I thought he was a good villian and Im glad he was never reformed like so many X-villians this past decade

Yep. Immediate family who started of black, then became white. Like here.
    I think in that particular pic Acuña is going for "arabic" instead of white. I mentioned the grandfather because at first there was a bit of confussion between him and Cartier, they were supposed to be the same character but he kept changing races, which was weird and suspicious. It was Peter David who stablished that the white dude was actually the grandfather, called Louis, and the black dude (I gues bi-racial) was Cartier. Maybe he was just trying to make sense of all the whitewashing. Anyway, my real point is that we have three generations of Saint Croixes involded with Xavier, and it would be cool to have that explored. Maybe they could even reframe a bit Emplate to make him a more relevant villain. I think the "sorcerous vampire" angle is a bit of a dead end at this point.

i like Marius. i don't like that Penance is connected to the family. i think that was a mistake. could have just been an interesting looking mutant who Emplate abducted and fed off of. no reason for sorcery to be thrown into the mix. that's just my opinion though.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    i like Marius. i don't like that Penance is connected to the family. i think that was a mistake. could have just been an interesting looking mutant who Emplate abducted and fed off of. no reason for sorcery to be thrown into the mix. that's just my opinion though.
    I never understood it to be honest.

We had 2 characters for years...one ends up being the other and the first one ends up being 2 others merged...it just seemed pointless and weird.
    In the real world i would be BOTH pro registration and Pro mutant rights. Xavier and Trask were both right.

Quote Originally Posted by HeartofTheStoriesWeTell View Post
    I never understood it to be honest.

We had 2 characters for years...one ends up being the other and the first one ends up being 2 others merged...it just seemed pointless and weird.
    What I never understood was how he got the sorcery.

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    I mean in world it won't bug me...its from the writer POV...i don't understand the point.
    In the real world i would be BOTH pro registration and Pro mutant rights. Xavier and Trask were both right.

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

From wherever his sisters got it. lol

The St. Croix family is very interesting.

Sadly this info came from Pak, so it's worthless to heavily inaccurate, BUT in Weapon X when Azazel sees Monet, he mentions how he's had lots of dealings with her family.

Then again, he may have just meant Emplate. But would be interesting if there were many shady members to the family.

From wherever his sisters got it. lol

The St. Croix family is very interesting.

Sadly this info came from Pak, so it's worthless to heavily inaccurate, BUT in Weapon X when Azazel sees Monet, he mentions how he's had lots of dealings with her family.

Then again, he may have just meant Emplate. But would be interesting if there were many shady members to the family.
    The twins and Marius deserve a full comic or arc with some added backstory because it doesn't make much sense this way lol.

I remember Monet's father being involved with Baron Mordo, right? They could explain it all with some Faustian pacts made by the St.Croix family.

The twins and Marius deserve a full comic or arc with some added backstory because it doesn't make much sense this way lol.

I remember Monet's father being involved with Baron Mordo, right? They could explain it all with some Faustian pacts made by the St.Croix family.
    Maybe they need an arc away from M Penece.
    Give Emplate and Seline a teamup (2 magic vampire mutants) throw them up against the new Excailubur team