Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Default Rogue and Storm were like sisters on the Fox X-Men show. Why is it different in the 616?

They've had Rogue play teacher and Storm marry Black Panther and then all of that Wolverine and the X-Men stuff. But if you ever watched the Fox show, Rogue and Storm were basically best friends. They were always partnering up and basically watching out for another. Rogue was like Storm's personal protector on that show..lol.

They ended up sharing a lot of screen time by virtue of the fact they were only members of the team that could fly, so any time an aerial battle took place they were there.

But I don't think it's especially different in the comics. They've known each other a long time, but I think there's generally been a more pronounced age difference between the two so their relationship is a bit different.

BANNED

Because Storm's old enough to be her mother.

Cause the cartoon is a different reality and Storm and Rogue didn't get to develop the same way. Plus, yeah the age thing is probably it. People often forget that Rogue is pretty much in line with the New Mutants in terms of generation. I say their close enough in the comics.

Jean tripped and/or passed out every other episode.

Lets be HAPPY there are these differences, eh?

The question is why were they like this on the cartoon, not the other way around. The showrunners obviously liked Rogue a lot more than Jean, who is Storm's real best friend, so they used her just to faint and as a plot point for Scott and Logan.
    Last edited by Wiccan; 04-29-2016 at 12:10 PM.

Mutatis Mutandis ChildOfTheAtom's Avatar
    1407 Graymalkin Lane, North Salem, NY 10560

Because the cartoon isn't how it happened at all in the books.

Shou-Lao The Bitch Dragon Iron Fist's Avatar

Because Storm holds too many grudges in 616.

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Storm didn't want Rogue on the team and I don't think that ever changed. Ororo gets along with many ladies of the X-Men but never got close to Rogue. On Rogues part I think she does not like Storms ideas in general
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Fist View Post
    Because Storm holds too many grudges in 616.
    That bitch had it coming! But for real, Rogue in 616 was a villain, had fought against Storm and the X-Men, had nearly killed her friend Carol Danvers, before joining the team. The dynamics were quite different. In time, though, Rogue and Storm became much closer.

I did like their relationship in TAS, though. They were a fun duo, and knew how to get things done!

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3udhbk
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

BANNED

What's this age thing about? I saw two posters automatically run to the age excuse for why there is some detachment for them not being close. I take it Storm is a little older than Jean but they are connected pretty closely. And this is the second time this age argument has been brought up in a Rogue relationship..as if she's incapable of having real conversations and being in relationships with people who are older than she is. Where is that mindset coming from?

Hulu has the whole series apparently and in the first season...good grief. Jean Grey is SO WEAK, man. LOL. She's useless almost the entire time except when she stopped that beam from hitting that little kid and she almost fainted from that and Rogue had to race over there to keep the beam from crashing on the kid. "Too heavy"*faints*. LOL.
    Last edited by JasonEsta; 04-29-2016 at 12:58 PM.

BANNED

I love Storm and Rogue in X-men:TAS. They were the best in the series ever.

They may not be as close as they were in the cartoons but i love the fact that both are leading their own teams currently.

They were close in TAS because they were the only one's who could fly, lbr.

Who else would be able to meet Storm at the monorail in a timely fashion?

Also, weren't they both a part of Brian Wood's X-Men team, I think they do trust each other, it's just a relationship that hasn't been developed much on panel.

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEsta View Post
    What's this age thing about? I saw two posters automatically run to the age excuse for why there is some detachment for them not being close. I take it Storm is a little older than Jean but they are connected pretty closely. And this is the second time this age argument has been brought up in a Rogue relationship..as if she's incapable of having real conversations and being in relationships with people who are older than she is. Where is that mindset coming from?

Hulu has the whole series apparently and in the first season...good grief. Jean Grey is SO WEAK, man. LOL. She's useless almost the entire time except when she stopped that beam from hitting that little kid and she almost fainted from that and Rogue had to race over there to keep the beam from crashing on the kid. "Too heavy"*faints*. LOL.
    Jean isn't weak like that on the comics. Maybe she was on the beginning, but when she and Storm met she was a pretty competent X-Men and then she became Phoenix. And what this have to do with their relationship anyway? First of all, Jean and Storm were the only female X-Men, Jean always felt a bit excluded(not the best word, can't think better) being the only girl so when Storm showed up she was pretty happy(not really at first, she was bothered for being replaced like the other O5 but Scott).
    Then Rogue was a bad guy and all that stuff, while Jean was dead. There was just no reason for Ororo and her to be best friends, they are friends and colleagues like all the other X-Men(most of them) but have no special relationship. That big friendship was created on the show a lot of time after all that happened, and no one felt the need to bring it to the comics too.
    Last edited by Wiccan; 04-29-2016 at 01:47 PM.

BANNED

It's like me and Jen, bestfriends forever.