Default Ka-Zar vs Bruce Wayne

No weapons or armor.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Unless I'm completely misremembering Ka-Zar, he's not massively superhuman. Nor immune to pressure points.

So I'm thinking Bruce takes this.

Mileage may vary, and I'm open to non-PIS/SMvsFL feats of which I was unaware.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Ka-Zar has a lot of impressive feats for fighting skill, strength, and toughness. He decisively beat Kraven in HTH, twice, and also beat Valerius, a master of several martial arts who also took the super-soldier serum.

Ka-Zar ripping up steel:

Ka-Zar bending and breaking metal bars on a cage:

My question regarding those wins against Kraven.

Just talking damage soak....Kraven is a guy who, at the top of his game, can take a punch in the face full-on from an absolutely enraged Peter Parker (he literally stands there and eats it, no attempt to protect himself). It makes his head snap back. He spits blood. End. Before we wonder if this is somehow SMvsFL, Kraven is a guy who HAS taken herbs to explicitly make himself superhuman to the point where he has fought Parker, Tigra, and other superhumans all through his career, taken hits from them, and kept on trucking. So, presentation-wise, this isn't out of the question. As a further indication, he has recently been used as a cushion by Black Panther to absorb a multi-story fall from a skyscraper, landing on an automobile and wrecking it; Kraven literally got the giggles from the impact, nothing really more.

So I kinda wonder if Ka-Zar is in that level of physicality.

I mean, winning by knocking him off a cliff is a win, but it's not like Ka-Zar actively beat him down or the like.
    Why are we here?

"...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

There's more to the Kraven fight, but it overall shows Kraven relying on gimmicks and Ka-Zar showing superior strength, speed, and combat skill. Same with the other fight. There was one more fight where Kraven won, but Ka-Zar had a bullet in his head during the fight.

For this rumble, I see Batman having superior skill and maybe a slight edge in speed, while Ka-Zar is stronger and maybe even tougher.

So, how strong IS Ka-Zar? Because Kraven is stronger than a Peak Human, at least when he's being written as 'dude who drugs himself up to fight with Spider-man' and the like.

I mean, maybe Ka-Zar is stronger and tougher than Bruce (this is not impossible, humans are like that in comics). But if Bruce is faster and has superior skill, I don't really see Bruce having an issue with pressure pointing the crap out of Ka-Zar, unless Ka-Zar is functionally bullet-proof or otherwise capable of completely ignoring Bruce's hits.

How does Ka-Zar stack up against Captain America, as an example?
    Why are we here?

Here's the other Ka-Zar win over Kraven:

One victory over Kraven could easily be an outlier, but two wins is starting to look like a pattern.

I don't believe that Ka-Zar has fought Cap, but he beat Valerius, a mixed-martial artist with the same super soldier serum as Cap. Valerius fought Cap in Marvel Two-in-One, around #42 or #43. I can't find scans, but I think their fight was inconclusive due to the intrusion of Jude the Entropic Man.

Ka-Zar has also traded punches with Daredevil and Hank McCoy, which are strong indications of some combination of skill, speed, and toughness.

Ultimately, I think that Bruce wins this fight, but it's going to be a tough fight.

...I'll need to look at that other win at some point, because my work's firewall is saying 'no'.
    Why are we here?