Astonishing Member

Default What do you think of Dr. Death?

What do you think of Dr. Death? He was Batman's first villain, but got lost in the shuffle for most of the Pre Crisis era and became a somewhat reoccurring bad guy in the later Post Crisis era and was made into something completely different in the New 52 era, as shown with this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7CxJVjveARs

He needs a classic story

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Read both versions, and both times he's not there long enough for me to care

Snyder tried to make him more important by connecting how he got his obsession with bones with Bruce's world travel backstory, but there's not enough time spend on it and I kinda don't care since his role in the story is just setting up Riddler's plan
    Last edited by Restingvoice; 09-15-2019 at 05:54 PM.

I think it's long past overdue for him to get a proper story ark.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Overlord View Post
    What do you think of Dr. Death? He was Batman's first villain, but got lost in the shuffle for most of the Pre Crisis era and became a somewhat reoccurring bad guy in the later Post Crisis era and was made into something completely different in the New 52 era, as shown with this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7CxJVjveARs
    Doctor Death, for the most part, was just a one-noter. He was under Kane / Finger, he was under Colan / Conway. I am sure he had just one gimmick his few appearances in Batgirl, Volume One. And he definitely had one story to roll only New 52, since he, for the first time of all his appearances, died in that one.

But, nahhh, he could be brought back for ONE story a decade, but that's about it.