Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hybrid View Post
    Yeah, but that was in the Rosenberg run and it looks like she’ll be going hero again in Marauders.
    Rosenberg was not the person that put Emma back in the Hellfire club.

Don't make up things about writers you don't like.

Yeah, that happened in X-Men Blue, so blame Bunn.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

as i see it, Emma never reformed. she simply hooked up with a former good guy. her personality and way of doing business never really changed. she's just a ruthless businesswoman and opportunist. she's probably the least overtly villainous member of the inner circle, though.

even that stint with Generation X could be chalked up to Astrid Bloom sharing her headspace.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    • Frenzy
    • Absorbing Man
    • Songbird
    • Elixir
    • Mimic
    • Danger
    • Diamondback
    • Prowler

Honorable mention: Random, Omega Red
    Can we really say Absorbing Man just yet? Sure he hasn’t been a villain in Blackbolt and Immortal Hulk but only time will tell if he and Titania remain as is or a future writer backslides them into villainy.

Incredible Member

What are the former villains that went legit and became good guys, never to return again (apart from maybe an instance or two of backsliding by a bad writer)?

Just off the top of my head:
    • Hawkeye
    • Quicksilver
    • Scarlet Witch
    • Black Widow
    • Black Knight
    • Wonder Man
    • Rogue
    • Venom
    • Screaming Mimi (now known as Songbird)
    • Beetle (now known as MACH)
    • Emma Frost

Honorable Mention
    • Sandman (went legit throughout the '80s and '90s, and was even an Avenger, but eventually went back to villainy)

Anyone else to note?

Also, we can include honorable mentions for villains who had a long streak of being good, before permanently going back to villainy, just as an extra note.

Agree with all of these except Black Knight, who was never a villain. Dane Whitman inherited the mantle from his villainous ancestor and impersonated the evil BK in the Masters of Evil, but was always heroic.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    Can we really say Absorbing Man just yet? Sure he hasn’t been a villain in Blackbolt and Immortal Hulk but only time will tell if he and Titania remain as is or a future writer backslides them into villainy.
    Yeah, Absorbing Man isn't an utter scumbag, but he's no hero either. He's only with Gamma Flight to stay out of jail and with his wife

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Yeah, Absorbing Man isn't an utter scumbag, but he's no hero either. He's only with Gamma Flight to stay out of jail and with his wife
    Yeah, as much as I like Crusher, I expect he and Titania will be knocking over banks within the next year or so.

Fantastic Member Chainsaw Vigilante's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    as i see it, Emma never reformed. she simply hooked up with a former good guy. her personality and way of doing business never really changed. she's just a ruthless businesswoman and opportunist. she's probably the least overtly villainous member of the inner circle, though.

even that stint with Generation X could be chalked up to Astrid Bloom sharing her headspace.
    Yeah she's more of an anti-hero, whatever is in her best interests even if the result is harmful to others.

The Silver Surfer was never really (like his master) a true villain, but was definitely a force in at least teradeath throughout the millennia (if not longer as has been hinted at times).

Moondragon started off as a villain.

Vengeance.

Songbird if no one has mentioned her.

Sandman never should have gone back to being a villain.

i can't help but feel that Songbird would be more successful as a villain. she has a strong enough will to be a hero. but to what end?

i can't help but feel that Songbird would be more successful as a villain. she has a strong enough will to be a hero. but to what end?
    What do you mean to what end?

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    What do you mean to what end?
    the Avengers still don't seem particularly close to her. where is she right now?

the Avengers still don't seem particularly close to her. where is she right now?
    I think she was supposed to be on some kind of Thunderbolts team led by Bucky.

As for being close to the Avengers, I don't think that itself is (or should be) the goal of heroism.

I think she was supposed to be on some kind of Thunderbolts team led by Bucky.
    she backslid to join a team of fugitives and was betrayed almost immediately. it's nothing to brag about.

As for being close to the Avengers, I don't think that itself is (or should be) the goal of heroism.
    it's how you achieve recurring character status, at least.

BANNED

Juggernaut's been in a weird place. He had a good run going legit as part of the Thunderbolts, then he joined the X-Men for a while, but went back into villainy... before joining the X-Men again? The recent Rosenberg run, while terrible, did make Juggernaut an X-Man again. It's kind of odd because historically the Juggernaut's been the guy who shows up and just makes life hell.
    Problem with the face turns for Juggernaut..he has to be powered down.