Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Spectacular Member

Default Bring back the Rebirth costume.

Okay, enough already. They brought back the red diapers for old nostalgia people, and that's fine for a little while. But now it's starting to get irritating. There was nothing wrong with the Rebirth outfit. When are they bringing it back?

Quote Originally Posted by objectivewatcher2013 View Post
    Okay, enough already. They brought back the red diapers for old nostalgia people, and that's fine for a little while. But now it's starting to get irritating. There was nothing wrong with the Rebirth outfit. When are they bringing it back?
    I understand you don't like the outfit, but being wildly inaccurate (calling the trunks a diaper) to promote your opinion just makes me take your opinion far less seriously

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tzigone View Post
    I understand you don't like the outfit, but being wildly inaccurate (calling the trunks a diaper) to promote your opinion just makes me take your opinion far less seriously
    That's fair, perhaps over the top on my part. But again I ask when are they bringing it back? It was a great costume. A perfect compromise between the new 52 costume and the old costume. A perfect upgrade.

Spectacular Member

Here's a way to bring it back that's both practical and pleasing aesthetically. Kryptonians are vulnerable to magic and other things, so suit could provide protection where other Kryptonian vulnerabilities can't defend, what do you think?

The Reborn suit (not with blue boots, the one after the fusion) was a perfect update, I'd agree. I hate that we suffered through some really badly designed costumes, and just as we finally hit the jackpot with a perfect new look, it gets reverted to the classic.

Alas, I doubt we'll see the Reborn suit again, outside of easter egg shots of it hanging on a wall in the Fortress.

Still, I'll take the classic suit over the New52 version any day. Lee's great for pin ups and splash pages, but there are some serious flaws in his design aesthetic.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

I agree. Enough of the blue cough with red trunks abomination suit that is being used. Bring back the reborn suit. I miss the belt buckle.it was different and very much superman.

While we’re at it can we bring back the New 52 concept of the suit being nanotech? I thought that was an awesome update, even though the Lee design left a lot to be desired.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    While we’re at it can we bring back the New 52 concept of the suit being nanotech? I thought that was an awesome update, even though the Lee design left a lot to be desired.
    Nanotech is too generic and it still machines. Superman was anti machinisation when he was introduced. He was more of pro biological life forms using their own power to get the job done(cough! Smashes cars for no reason) . So, how about a biosuit made out little organisms that envolpe clark due to his solar radiation absorbtion ability. It will be kinda like symbiote suit, but these guys.difference is this will be very much a Mutualism. These guys would need clark to synthesis solar energy and survive. And vise versa clark will have protection and a second skin.these guys will be nonsentient. They will be bonded to clark and have high regeneration.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Awesome idea. Enough of the suit Martha Kent made on a sewing machine lol.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

The reborn suit was pretty strong, but I think I'd be good with not revisiting it.

Though this does beg the question of why can't Clark have at least two suits for different occasions? I remember Morrison toyed with the idea in the New 52, but that was more in the interest of a character arc.

I think we're at a pretty solid place to see Clark running two suits right now. One for presidential stuff, and his normal one with the trunks for monster punching.

Could sell some "President El" toys
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Look, all that blue needs to be broken up. Sorry but there's a reason they went back to it. A big blue one piece suit just looks weird. If they were to find some other way to break up all the blue, then maybe. But I firmly believe one of the things that killed New 52 was that suit. The belt was a nice touch but it was still too much blue. If anything, they should ditch those stupid arm bands or whatever they are.
    Assassinate Putin!

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    Look, all that blue needs to be broken up. Sorry but there's a reason they went back to it. A big blue one piece suit just looks weird. If they were to find some other way to break up all the blue, then maybe. But I firmly believe one of the things that killed New 52 was that suit. The belt was a nice touch but it was still too much blue. If anything, they should ditch those stupid arm bands or whatever they are.
    And for what all intents and purposes looks like large red undies worn outside his pants doesn't look weird?
    I disagree, from what I saw the belt broke up the blue nicely without resorting to something as dated as old timey circus trunks.

Spectacular Member

The red undies feels something of a bygone era that people holding on but nobody wants back. Like old cowboy movies lol

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    Does this look wierd?

This

Is basically, the above costume with different belt, no gloves and different type cape connectors

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    The reborn suit was pretty strong, but I think I'd be good with not revisiting it.
    It would be a shame not to revisit. Reborn is the best suit we had since tshirt and jeans superman. I want both to make a return.which reminds me whatever happened to that supes.