Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Default Update on How the New Mutants Are Being Treated

In Avengers World, Cannonball and Sunspot were held prisoner for the last crossover. They've been prisoners again. They finally escaped this past issue, to this:

Sabotage.

In the most recent issue of X-Factor, Cypher was sabotaged when Quicksilver did an on-the-spot Latin translation. If Quicksilver knows Latin, what's the point of having Cypher in the book?

Oh my. Poor cannonball.

Praiseworthy Analyst Emerald_616's Avatar

Marvel is going to kill them all!!!!!!!! *sobs bitterly while pounding on the floor*

Cypher is written well in X-Factor. He has time to shine and covers with him.

I'm very much enjoying Doug and Warlock in All-New X-Factor

Yeah, Cypher and Warlock are doing a lot better than Sunspot and Cannonball.

Quote Originally Posted by Synthetic Innocence View Post
    Yeah, Cypher and Warlock are doing a lot better than Sunspot and Cannonball.
    Amen to that. Loved one of the last panels where Warlock was kinda leaning down as if to console Georgia after her mother exploded. That was sweet...

BANNED

lol there are actually people in this world who speak more than one language and some even know latin or greek!...maybe Cyphers power-set just sucks?

BANNED

Cypher and Walock are in good hands.
    Magik is being used well.
    Cannoball and Sunspot are being written tragically. They are the comic relief doofus twins in the Avengers currently and it doesn't make a lot of sense. Sunspot has always been a little "special" and written like a spoiled child but Cannonball has proven his leadership ability and has been a leader for his whole adult like and much of his teen years. Hickman did do background on the two as he has referenced areas that only a reader (or studier) would have known but I am disappointed with their character voices in here. I would vote to have them go back to the X-men but only if they were allowed to go to Uncanny or extra trainers in All-New and not the Faux-Men titles, they would be better off where they are in that case.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenetik View Post
    lol there are actually people in this world who speak more than one language and some even know latin or greek!...maybe Cyphers power-set just sucks?
    I was of a similar opinion for awhile, then he took down his teammates because martial arts is a language he can understand and bested Mastermold because machine code is technically a language. Cyphers awesome in my book by those 2 feats alone.
    I really feel they need to do a buddy system to up the teams standing (which, long overdue). Got a team with Storm, Beast, Nightcrawler and Colossus. Great. Maybe add Moonstar, Sunspot, Cypher and Magma to the mix.

At least he CAN talk... Just saying.

Quiet King 2 Regent Ororo RealEyesRealizeRealLies77's Avatar

I'm trying very hard to wonder why Sunspot and Cannonball are on the Avengers at all. They've literally done nothing since being with them.They've made a lot of jokes.The one time I do remember them doing something was when they were fighting the birds and wolves of some kind in Infinity,and they still needed help defeating those.The new storyline with them being captured for like 5 or 6 issues is absurd.The bar fight would have been reasonable if they had used their combat experience or,you know,their powers.What was the point of having them be Avengers and just wind up as wallpaper or comedy relief.Especially now that Sunspot has a little more recognition since X-men-DOFP.Canonball has come too far with having combat and leadership experience to be relegated to wallpaper or comedy relief.Their whole Avengers stint has been a joke.
    Last edited by RealEyesRealizeRealLies77; 07-21-2014 at 01:56 PM.

Incredible Member

You just can't understand Quicksilver because he's "speaking too fast".

Maybe he'll be the new Falcon

Quote Originally Posted by Shambles View Post
    Maybe he'll be the new Falcon
    No, even Cypher laughs at Falcon.