Default Power Girl vs Carol Danvers (Binary)

Carol has her full Binary powers. Karen has pre-crisis, post-crisis and post flashpoint feats. Who wins?

Astonishing Member

Pre-crisis Kryptonians for the win. They wash their clothes in the center of a sun and fly to Andromeda in real time. They tow planets around.

What does “fly to Andromeda in real time” mean?

Does Carol use fake time? Because if she does, I’m pretty sure that’s cheating, somehow.

Astonishing Member

She flew there with Superboy in the morning to smell some flower and came back for lunch. That's compared to some long journey even at FTL. Can Carol span intergalactic distances in that short a time. By real time, I meant everyday useful speed. I can walk to the post office in real time. I can't walk to Washington, DC in real time.

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Smith View Post
    She flew there with Superboy in the morning to smell some flower and came back for lunch. That's compared to some long journey even at FTL. Can Carol span intergalactic distances in that short a time. By real time, I meant everyday useful speed. I can walk to the post office in real time. I can't walk to Washington, DC in real time.
    Yeah, Carol can do that.

She can also probably whip up some kryptonite if he has time, she's got all kinds of matter manipulation abilities.

Buuuuuut - she really doesn't have time here. Pre-crisis Kryptonian speed is silly, and the strength is beyond hers as well.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Astonishing Member

Not being a Carol expert, has she demonstrated such transgalatic distance flight speeds? I take it that she can't tow planets. Is her energy output exceeding that of the core of suns?

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    What does “fly to Andromeda in real time” mean?

Does Carol use fake time? Because if she does, I’m pretty sure that’s cheating, somehow.
    Marvel uses fake time. I mean, how old is Franklin Richards now?

Astonishing Member

Well, has Sue Richards aged enough to become an acceptable spouse for Reed. It was a little shaky by today's standards.

Power Girl has powers of Kryptonian yeah, but nature of her powers and weaknesses bounces all over the damn place. As in one plot she was Alt Universe Supes daughter or something.

Astonishing Member

PC was a regular old PC Kryptonian. DC couldn't leave it as is. Supes and PG morning their loved ones loss after the Crisis was a touching moment. Then the wave of retcon stupidity was launched. Being from Atlantis - Geez!