Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar

This is why Robins shouldn't dress in bright colours. Hard to ninja when you're lit up like a Christmas tree in a dark room.

Mosameen

Quote Originally Posted by Desmark View Post
    spoilers:
    Afred signalling he was safe was the most wacky development I read in the issue given how it all turned out.
    end of spoilers
    Actually it's not. Alfred put the city and its people first that if it was actually him who signaled it keeping in mind he was a hostage.

Astonishing Member

I mean, Alfred was Clayface anyway, so you know ... All Clear. Damian's infiltration is successful.
    Retro315 no more. Anonymity is so 2005.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com

This was really really good
    I would say tht this is the best King's issue since the Double date

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by K. Jones View Post
    I mean, Alfred was Clayface anyway, so you know ... All Clear. Damian's infiltration is successful.
    Punch. Alfred was Punch. You heard it here first (well, I said the same thing when 77 came out, so you might have heard it there first)
    Blue text denotes sarcasm

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mosameen View Post
    Actually it's not. Alfred put the city and its people first that if it was actually him who signaled it keeping in mind he was a hostage.
    Granted he is a spy but him finding a opportunity to do so challenges credulity or just shows that there is no rhyme or reason to any of the characters actions. Psycho Pirate not being used to keep him docile is particularly glaring.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mosameen View Post
    No it doesn't. First, how did Alfred signal he was safe? Second, his signaling ended up putting Damian at risk. How did his signaling have ANYTHING to do with Gotham and it's people? This was a bullshit excuse to justify Damian going in and actually just made Bruce seem like even more of a **** father. Of all of his allies the one he chose to send in was his 13 year old son? Stupid.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Talon1load View Post
    No it doesn't. First, how did Alfred signal he was safe? Second, his signaling ended up putting Damian at risk. How did his signaling have ANYTHING to do with Gotham and it's people? This was a bullshit excuse to justify Damian going in and actually just made Bruce seem like even more of a **** father. Of all of his allies the one he chose to send in was his 13 year old son? Stupid.
    The Alfred stuff aside, it actually kind of makes sense considering one of the people Bruce was sending him against. Sure Thomas Wayne doesn't mind giving his own blood a good beat down, but it seems clear that he draws that line at doing any sort of permanent damage that he wouldn't be able to fix himself. And Thomas sure as hell wouldn't let Bane get his hands on his "grandson." If it would've been anyone but a blood relation, they probably wouldn't be afforded the same protection.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

This issue BatCat remembered how to be people which was nice. Why can't they interact like this all the time? it's not that King doesn't know how to he just chooses not to.

Bruce sending Damian in looks bad but I willing to wait and see where this story goes before passing judgement. There might be more to it than we've been shown.

While I didn't mind Damian going in on his own as we were previously led to believe. Bruce being the one that sent him in is even much better so I'm glad
    Last edited by dietrich; 09-18-2019 at 01:18 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Talon1load View Post
    Lol yes the whole sequence doesn't make sense and is trippy.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by phonogram12 View Post
    The Alfred stuff aside, it actually kind of makes sense considering one of the people Bruce was sending him against. Sure Thomas Wayne doesn't mind giving his own blood a good beat down, but it seems clear that he draws that line at doing any sort of permanent damage that he wouldn't be able to fix himself. And Thomas sure as hell wouldn't let Bane get his hands on his "grandson." If it would've been anyone but a blood relation, they probably wouldn't be afforded the same protection.
    I'm not sure if I would take that gamble. Thomas is insane after all.

Incredible Member

Was anyone else bothered by the excuse King came up with for why they are at the beach? Venom? Seriously? I thought Bane wasn't relying on that stuff in this run anyway. I thought the point was that Bane managed to outsmart Bruce with his convoluted "masterplan". Why is it suddenly about his muscles again?

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Because if you want to punch Bane and his master plan in the face, it’s much easier to do so without his strength advantage.

Astonishing Member

I'm confused: Did I just read an issue of Batman or have DC started doing Magnum P. I. comics and I missed the memo?

Quote Originally Posted by Somecrazyaussie View Post
    I'm confused: Did I just read an issue of Batman or have DC started doing Magnum P. I. comics and I missed the memo?
    I thought it Archer undercover