Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 154
  1. #31
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Posts
    415

    Default

    Perhaps the whiny entitled brat that is Damian should also join Bruce when he gets kicked out for all the crap he has pulled. Like father like son
    Lol. Anyways it looks like this whole run is heading deeper and deeper into jumped the shark territory.

  2. #32
    Astonishing Member Restingvoice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    3,321

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CPSparkles View Post
    Ding! Ding!! Ding!!! You called it. This makes it SOO much worse!

    This new knowledge means that while Bruce is wasting time here the events of 77 could have been prevented if only Selina had called up the Calvary, Informed any of the Bat family rather than take Bruce and hole up.

    Bruce could have the moment he regained consciousness could have prevented what happened. Since he has some experience and some smarts. He knows what Bane and Thomas are intending to do. He knows Gotham, everyone he cares for, everyone who is currently wearing a bat symbol and that fights in his corner is at risk.

    His own father just tried to kill him so he knew to expect the worst. His father has already attacked Alfred. He knew Alfred and his sons were at risk. Anyone residing at the manor was at risk and yet he wasted how many days messing around. He didn't even put in a call to someone anyone to go and get the people he is supposed to care about. The people he knew were in danger to safety/out of the city.

    This revelation makes Bruce and Selina seem like Callous, uncaring, selfish idiots. These two are the worst. They both could have easily stopped the events of #77 They could have saved lives and prevented a 13yr old kid been forced to try and do something anything.

    I hope after this is over that Bruce gets kicked out of the family and Gotham since he isn't really a hero just a rich dude who likes to punch things and doesn't really care. "No 8 year old will ever feel like this my arse"

    Selina clearly doesn't give a shit about Gotham and the Batman's family. Heck the woman most likely doesn't have anyone's contact details since she's not family so I can excuse her lack of caring/ action. Also she isn't a hero so she technically doesn't have to do anything.

    But Bruce. This is totally on you and i hope you realise that when you break out whatever spell you are currently under.

    while I know Bruce can't be kicked out/over have his cowl forcibly taken because logic. I hope the family leave him. He doesn't care and they don't deserve this.
    Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    All will be revealed! And everyone here will still probably hate it.
    The only way I can think to fix this is to add a scene later where Batman and Catwoman reveal themselves to the family just as Damian entered the city so he missed them by a hair... or that they already contacted the fam but ask them to stand down and keep things secret so Bane doesn't hear about The Plan whatever it's going to be, but somehow Damian missed the memo or got impatient.

    Even that's pushing it. I wrote that and I'm having a problem convincing myself.
    Last edited by Restingvoice; 09-17-2019 at 03:18 AM.

  3. #33
    Astonishing Member DragonPiece's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    4,735

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    Dude porn is free. Just dig out your old Batman comics and log on to pornhub. Sorted
    Clay Mann porn?

    but nah, I am genuinely liking how King is bringing writing this couple right now, Selina is actually holding a conversation and it doesn't feel as forced as other times in this run. if this is the new dynamic he is bringing with the bat/cat series, I'm all for it.

    I'm actually guessing with Alfred dead, Bruce will lean on her even more.

  4. #34
    Extraordinary Member dietrich's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    7,909

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Desmark View Post
    Perhaps the whiny entitled brat that is Damian should also join Bruce when he gets kicked out for all the crap he has pulled. Like father like son
    Lol. Anyways it looks like this whole run is heading deeper and deeper into jumped the shark territory.
    nah whiny and entitled are standard Wayne traits that not the problem. The problem is doing what should be done. being a hero who doesn't give in or run away no matter how hard or impossible the odds might be. A hero who puts those in needs first.

    Damian is that

    Damian gets to become batman. he has the brass balls and actually does what Batman should do plus he comes with a sweet trench coat and his trash talk game is on point.

  5. #35
    Extraordinary Member dietrich's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    7,909

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    Clay Mann porn?

    but nah, I am genuinely liking how King is bringing writing this couple right now, Selina is actually holding a conversation and it doesn't feel as forced as other times in this run. if this is the new dynamic he is bringing with the bat/cat series, I'm all for it.

    I'm actually guessing with Alfred dead, Bruce will lean on her even more.
    Selina is the new Alfred. The new Wayne butler only she provides extras

    Yeah according to poster on twitter King has revised the Batman story so that Selina is more important and vital than Grayson or Alfred ever was.
    Could be.

  6. #36
    Astonishing Member DragonPiece's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    4,735

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    Selina is the new Alfred. The new Wayne butler only she provides extras

    Yeah according to poster on twitter King has revised the Batman story so that Selina is more important and vital than Grayson or Alfred ever was.
    Could be.
    you mentioning King makes me remember he is the one who had Dick got shot, it's weird he is leaving that hanging before his run ends.

  7. #37
    Extraordinary Member dietrich's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    7,909

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    The only way I can think to fix this is to add a scene later where Batman and Catwoman reveal themselves to the family just as Damian entered the city so he missed them by a hair... or that they already contacted the fam but ask them to stand down and keep things secret so Bane doesn't hear about The Plan whatever it's going to be, but somehow Damian missed the memo or got impatient.

    Even that's pushing it. I wrote that and I'm having a problem convincing myself.
    So basically they attempted to throw Damian under the bus but it wasn't effective [since every single batfamily member aside from Tim would have gone in to rescue Alfred] now in order to save their images King should pick up Damian and throw him back under that bus?

    Rather than making other character look bad or do bad things why can't King just own his bad writing.
    It's bad enough writers seeing the family as props to be used however but not the fans as well. As a Damian fan I say BOOO! to you @Reastingvoice. How could you do my boy like that?

  8. #38
    Astonishing Member Korath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Toulouse, France
    Posts
    3,057

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    you mentioning King makes me remember he is the one who had Dick got shot, it's weird he is leaving that hanging before his run ends.
    Not really.

    King doesn't care very much about the ramifications of the events he write in the book beyond what is purely necessary for his story to progress.

    Hence why the Batfamily is virtually absent from his whole run, save cameos and why his book and others (Detective Comics, RHatO and BatO and Batgirl) are completely disconnected with the events of his run.

    Having seen the sales numbers for DC in August, I'm also wondering if King hasn't revealed/accelerated (but not created) the sickness eating away at the Batman portion of the DCU. There is great stories with him still (like Curse of the White Knight) but I'm honestly less and less attracted by the character of Batman -as Bruce Wayne - especially because of how King depicted but I know that other were turned away long before he started to write the book.

    I remember that around Rebirth, DC said that when Superman and his line isn't well, all of DC isn't well. But now that the Batman line seems terribly weak (seriously, I only care about RHatO and BatO right now) it honestly feels as if the whole publication is amiss. I know that the Year of the Villain isn't well-loved (even if I find the execution largely successful and the concepts forged by Snyder expanding the DCU makes me love it) but I dread to think about what DC would be without it. Seriously, beyond Snyder and his friends, and Bendis in his corner of the DCU, there doesn't seem to be any ambitious ideas. Especially in the Bat-books.

  9. #39
    Extraordinary Member dietrich's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    7,909

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    you mentioning King makes me remember he is the one who had Dick got shot, it's weird he is leaving that hanging before his run ends.
    I know and that's a shame. King used him as a way to further the plot but he also offered ways to bring him back. Zatana using magic or the Tim becomes Nightwing and helps Dick heal and remember but sadly both were shot down.

    Lobdell is the one we have to thank for Ric sticking for so long. According to an interview he gave he campaigned for the Ric saga to be long term as he felt this could a chance to really delve into Dick's character.

    Although I don't think it's weird King leaving it hanging. I don't think he cares that much what happens to Dick. He was only a small plot device. King has since moved on.
    Last edited by dietrich; 09-17-2019 at 04:46 AM.

  10. #40
    Astonishing Member Restingvoice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    3,321

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    So basically they attempted to throw Damian under the bus but it wasn't effective [since every single batfamily member aside from Tim would have gone in to rescue Alfred] now in order to save their images King should pick up Damian and throw him back under that bus?

    Rather than making other character look bad or do bad things why can't King just own his bad writing.
    It's bad enough writers seeing the family as props to be used however but not the fans as well. As a Damian fan I say BOOO! to you @Reastingvoice. How could you do my boy like that?
    Look the bus is already off the cliff and two out of the three options doesn't change how Damian's already written

    I got another one. Damian going in alone is part of The Plan while the main team is somewhere else fighting the other Bane minions. Batman number whatever it will be will take place directly after #77 and have the main team already fighting their way into the Manor from all sides. They just didn't expect Alfred to be killed that quick.

    Yeah. Still not convincing myself, but it's the best one I got.

    Also, if it turns out this way I want royalties

  11. #41
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    148

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kevink31593 View Post
    Didnít Bruce wake up from his coma in #77 in the apartment in Paris with Selina watching over him? How does #79 take place before that?

    Unless it goes like this.

    Bruce/Selina parts of 77
    78-79
    Damian parts of 77
    Which is a pretty strange order that wasn't hinted at in previous issues. Makes this look like an attempt to make Bruce and Selina look less bad, but they didn't think it through and now it didn't really fix anything.
    Would it really have been so hard to contact another member of the team to inform them that Bruce is alive and will return soon?
    Makes me wonder if King is honestly oblivious to how selfish his take on Bruce and Selina really is.

  12. #42
    Constant in Opal Nine Crocodile's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    338

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post

    Although I don't think it's weird King leaving it hanging. I don't think he cares that much what happens to Dick. He was only a small plot device. King has since moved on.
    I think he's moved on because the decision re: Dick's status is out of his hands. How much that matter to him is unknown to me, but he does not strike me as the type to complain in public about these things.

  13. #43
    I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    10,349

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    The only way I can think to fix this is to add a scene later where Batman and Catwoman reveal themselves to the family just as Damian entered the city so he missed them by a hair... or that they already contacted the fam but ask them to stand down and keep things secret so Bane doesn't hear about The Plan whatever it's going to be, but somehow Damian missed the memo or got impatient.

    Even that's pushing it. I wrote that and I'm having a problem convincing myself.
    I mean, I actually didn't have a problem PER SE with Damian in 76-77. It felt very in character to me. However, I'm fairly certain that 79 has something that will update the context of that scene with regards to what Batman and Catwoman are doing in Hawai'i.

    The PER SE is there because I don't actually want King to kill Alfred, and I don't think he has (or if so, will leave him dead).
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, by Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown, Batgirl, by Bryan Q. Miller
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews

  14. #44
    Astonishing Member Pohzee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    tOSU
    Posts
    2,481

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    I mean, I actually didn't have a problem PER SE with Damian in 76-77. It felt very in character to me. However, I'm fairly certain that 79 has something that will update the context of that scene with regards to what Batman and Catwoman are doing in Hawai'i.

    The PER SE is there because I don't actually want King to kill Alfred, and I don't think he has (or if so, will leave him dead).
    Solicits for January’s Tec really seem to indicate otherwise
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

    Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)


  15. #45
    Constant in Opal Nine Crocodile's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    338

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post

    The PER SE is there because I don't actually want King to kill Alfred, and I don't think he has (or if so, will leave him dead).
    I suspect this is ultimately not up to King either.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •