Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast

Default [Spoilers] Batman 79 Preview and Discussion Thread

The preview for next week's Batman is up, and it seems fitting to create an all-encompassing discussion thread.

DON'T GO IN THE APPRECIATION THREAD OF KING TO BASH IT, THANKS !

https://www.cbr.com/exclusive-batman...-selina-bruce/

I find it really funny that suddenly they have added that the issue take place before Alfred being killed. I wonder how much of that is due to fan backlash and how much simple realization that this interlude reflected very poorly on the characters involved without it.

Oh god help me, Selina in yoga pants . Though that top panel were she is suppose to be balancing on Bruce's back is really not very good.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 09-16-2019 at 06:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    The preview for next week's Batman is up, and it seems fitting to create an all-encompassing discussion thread.

DON'T GO IN THE APPRECIATION THREAD OF KING TO BASH IT, THANKS !

https://www.cbr.com/exclusive-batman...-selina-bruce/

I find it really funny that suddenly they have added that the issue take place before Alfred being killed. I wonder how much of that is due to fan backlash and how much simple realization that this interlude reflected very poorly on the characters involved without it.
    Why the hell did they not add that in the last issue? They couldn't have just realized how tone-deaf and inappropriate the jarring shift of Alfred being killed to Bruce and Selina being on a romantic vacation just now did they? Is editorial really that dense? I mean I still don't think Bruce and Selina doing this while Gotham is being ruled by Bane is still right by any means (any of Bruce's loved ones could be horribly murdered at any time so him doing couples yoga still comes off pretty bad) I dunno, I still think this interlude was a terrible idea. It's not as bad now that it's been made clear this comes before Alfred was killed, but the switch between the two is still really off-putting and jarring. And Bruce comes off looking like someone not too particularly concerned about the rest of his family even still. Especially since he still hasn't brought up any of them up or even tried to contact them.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

They could’ve easily avoided this had they saved Alfred’s death for after the interlude instead of placing it immediately before.

Incredible Member

Think it’s already been said but just to buttress the point - this (And last issue) could have been placed somewhere better. Guess it’s why King’s Run should be read in a collected edition. Anyway, glad there’s a bit more context and this isn’t just a vacation. As always, Mann’s art is top notch.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Batknight View Post
    Why the hell did they not add that in the last issue? They couldn't have just realized how tone-deaf and inappropriate the jarring shift of Alfred being killed to Bruce and Selina being on a romantic vacation just now did they? Is editorial really that dense? I mean I still don't think Bruce and Selina doing this while Gotham is being ruled by Bane is still right by any means (any of Bruce's loved ones could be horribly murdered at any time so him doing couples yoga still comes off pretty bad) I dunno, I still think this interlude was a terrible idea. It's not as bad now that it's been made clear this comes before Alfred was killed, but the switch between the two is still really off-putting and jarring. And Bruce comes off looking like someone not too particularly concerned about the rest of his family even still. Especially since he still hasn't brought up any of them up or even tried to contact them.
    I feel your pain buddy.
    We all (well most of us) share it.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Oh god help me, Selina in yoga pants . Though that top panel were she is suppose to be balancing on Bruce's back is really not very good.

I thought she was literally balancing on her elbows ��

s e l i n a
    b u t t

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. White View Post
    Think it’s already been said but just to buttress the point - this (And last issue) could have been placed somewhere better. Guess it’s why King’s Run should be read in a collected edition. Anyway, glad there’s a bit more context and this isn’t just a vacation. As always, Mann’s art is top notch.
    I mean, isn't Bruce the world's greatest detective? If Magpie is selling these stolen venom supplies couldn't he have just...tracked her down and taken them by doing some detecting? I know that's asking a lot given that Batman rarely ever does any detective work in this run. But did he and Selina really have to spend, what like a whole week on this beach waiting around for her?

He called her Selina .

Selina in purple yoga pants .

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

I was gonna yell that there's literally a big NOW two panels before that but it's in comparison to the Year One flashback

Almost got'im.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    He called her Selina .

Selina in purple yoga pants .
    I know right!

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Batknight View Post
    I mean, isn't Bruce the world's greatest detective? If Magpie is selling these stolen venom supplies couldn't he have just...tracked her down and taken them by doing some detecting? I know that's asking a lot given that Batman rarely ever does any detective work in this run. But did he and Selina really have to spend, what like a whole week on this beach waiting around for her?
    They have been recuperating... lol

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. White View Post
    They have been recuperating... lol
    Right...recuperating. That's what that's what's going on here. Alright.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Wait, no... this means he never contacted the fam which prompted Damian to stage a half-baked rescue. That's not better DC
    Last edited by Restingvoice; 09-16-2019 at 11:08 AM.