Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    BANNED

There’s one week between Batman 78 and 79 release. Do we really think the editors had time to gauge fan reaction and add that footnote to 79?

Quote Originally Posted by Pohzee View Post
    Solicits for January’s Tec really seem to indicate otherwise
    I hope he stays dead for sometime just for a change. Have a writer really explore Bruce and the family having to deal with the loss [they never catch a break this family]

if the rumours of a new Batman are correct I wonder if the loss might be the reason?
    Last edited by dietrich; 09-17-2019 at 02:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Look the bus is already off the cliff and two out of the three options doesn't change how Damian's already written

I got another one. Damian going in alone is part of The Plan while the main team is somewhere else fighting the other Bane minions. Batman number whatever it will be will take place directly after #77 and have the main team already fighting their way into the Manor from all sides. They just didn't expect Alfred to be killed that quick.

Yeah. Still not convincing myself, but it's the best one I got.

Also, if it turns out this way I want royalties
    Okay that last one is much better and it gets bonus points for having the family fighting together.

Incredible Member

I think they need to stop with constantly replacing Batman. After this run they just need to get back to Bruce being a competent hero and detective as well as father. Get back to fighting and beating criminals not just getting his ass hands to him and needing to be saved all the time. I get people were tired of BatGod but this is too far in the other direction. They need to find a happy medium.

Constant in Opal Nine Crocodile's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by chipsnopotatoes View Post
    There’s one week between Batman 78 and 79 release. Do we really think the editors had time to gauge fan reaction and add that footnote to 79?
    I don't know, but given how things have worked in the past, I'm sure they think they can work it out for the trade.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by chipsnopotatoes View Post
    Criticism that the whole thing makes Bruce look bad has been around since the preview for 78 was released and it's just one footnote.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    Selina is the new Alfred. The new Wayne butler only she provides extras

Yeah according to poster on twitter King has revised the Batman story so that Selina is more important and vital than Grayson or Alfred ever was.
    Could be.
    Alfred was more than just Bruce's butler and father figure. He was an important figure for the entire batfamily. I don't see Selina filling that hole.

Sigh. I'm not reading Batman outside some issues, but reading your commentary, people, I feel like I'm going to pass this run forever, definitely.

I liked his other works, and I was kind of shipping Selina and Bruce, but...
    Last edited by Zaresh; 09-17-2019 at 09:48 PM.

Incredible Member

So this issue...

spoilers:
    Was again fluff. The only insight was that Damian was sent by Bruce which makes Alfred's death all the more tragic and preventable.
    end of spoilers

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Darkcrusade25 View Post
    So this issue...

spoilers:
    Was again fluff. The only insight was that Damian was sent by Bruce which makes Alfred's death all the more tragic and preventable.
    end of spoilers
    That is not what the issue says. It says: spoilers:
    Alfred signaled to Bruce that he was safe, so THEN Bruce sent Damian in.
    end of spoilers
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    That is not what the issue says. It says: spoilers:
    Alfred signaled to Bruce that he was safe, so THEN Bruce sent Damian in.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    in what way would it be safe though? and why would bruce who has more experience than anyone, but lost to Bane and Thomas, tell his young son to go in and risk lives?
    end of spoilers

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Darkcrusade25 View Post
    spoilers:
    in what way would it be safe though? and why would bruce who has more experience than anyone, but lost to Bane and Thomas, tell his young son to go in and risk lives?
    end of spoilers
    There is clearly more of a plan than we know.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

So, again, Bruce is father of the year ?

At that point, I'm starting to suspect that he wants his bastard son to die/be chased away so he can get a legitimate heir/ess with Selina...

spoilers:
    Well at least Bruce DID contact his family though why send Damian? He sent he in to face not just Thomas and Bane but GG alone? Why didn't he call any of the JL?

Also aren't father and son supposed to be estranged? Though somethings are bigger than their falling out.
    I'm not going to judge till I've read it myself but glad to know Bruce did contact his allies in Gotham.
    end of spoilers

BANNED

spoilers:
    Afred signalling he was safe was the most wacky development I read in the issue given how it all turned out.
    end of spoilers