Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Godzilla vs. Luffy (and other One Piece characters)

Godzilla from the recent MonsterVerse films.

1: vs. Luffy

2: vs. All the Strawhat crew at once

New York city.

Full disclosure: I know basically zilch about Luffy and crew so be nice! :P
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    Godzilla from the recent MonsterVerse films.

1: vs. Luffy

2: vs. All the Strawhat crew at once

New York city.

Full disclosure: I know basically zilch about Luffy and crew so be nice! :P
    Just going to post some videos of Luffy versus Wild beasts. Godzilla isn't looking good here.

Luffy versus Sea Kings

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=55gqLxt5r1w

Luffy and crew versus Kraken

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NRhBqUiDOfk

Luffy/Sanji versus Sea Cows

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ti2GbmbjoOg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BjeZEEgQNg0

Astonishing Member

Not a Luffy expert - punching is fine. How does he do on ranged atomic blasts?

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Smith View Post
    Not a Luffy expert - punching is fine. How does he do on ranged atomic blasts?
    if it hits, Luffy is in trouble. That's the sort of projectile that he can't deflect.

I don't see it being an issue, though. He's too quick to get hit by that, and he is much more likely to get on his back and pound him.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

well the biggest thing the straw-hats have fought so far is oars.

just for my own edification, how big is this version of big G?

Just shy of 400 feet. 98k tons.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Just shy of 400 feet. 98k tons.
    oars is shorter but a bit heavier.

how fast is he?

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    oars is shorter but a bit heavier.

how fast is he?
    I don't have exact numbers. But he can run now! Sooo probably pretty fast. If you are asking for reaction speed, I would imagine Luffy could blitz him fine from what I've read on here.
    - big_adventure

He should beat MonsterVerse normal, but Burning Godzilla flips the beatdown the other way.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

I don't have exact numbers. But he can run now! Sooo probably pretty fast. If you are asking for reaction speed, I would imagine Luffy could blitz him fine from what I've read on here.
    that's not really much to go on. he'd had a hard time tagging pre-timeskip luffy. post time skip luffy is a good deal faster, hits hard, can "fly", and has combat pre-cog.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Yeah... Luffy blitzes him into oblivion in short order.

Burning Godzilla is a problem because his ambient field melts steel and all that.

That said, Luffy has been injected with poison that melts stone and kept on trucking. I'm trying to think of great resistance feats...

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    Yeah... Luffy blitzes him into oblivion in short order.

Burning Godzilla is a problem because his ambient field melts steel and all that.

That said, Luffy has been injected with poison that melts stone and kept on trucking. I'm trying to think of great resistance feats...
    I seem to remember Luffy having pretty **** heat/flame resistance feats, since he's made of rubber and One Piece tends to go with "rubber is an insulator so any amount of lightning can't effect it, but heat melts rubber so heat/flame messes him up". And Godzilla's ambient field was turning steel to liquid seemingly near-instantly just by being inside it, so it had to be extremely hot. And the active bursts basically atomized Ghidorah faster than Monster Zero could regenerate, and Ghidorah was regrowing a lost head in a few minutes.

Of course, Whitebeard survived for a while and kept fighting after getting a fist of magma in the chest (anime) having half his head burned off (manga), so who knows.
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

How well would Godzilla resist Conquerer's Haki, AKA, Luffy's (and others') ability to instantly KO entire armies just by flaring his aura in their general direction?

Also, I don't think Luffy was ever shown being any weaker against fire than anyone without his power would be, especially considering that he can basically set himself on fire with his Red Hawk move. And considering his speed, ability to cross huge distances quickly, and precog, I doubt that Godzilla is likely to land a breath attack, assuming that he can't use Armament Haki to block or deflect it.
    Last edited by The Drunkard Kid; 09-16-2019 at 02:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Drunkard Kid View Post
    How well would Godzilla resist Conquerer's Haki, AKA, Luffy's (and others') ability to instantly KO entire armies just by flaring his aura in their general direction?

Also, I don't think Luffy was ever shown being any weaker against fire than anyone without his power would be, especially considering that he can basically set himself on fire with his Red Hawk move. And considering his speed, ability to cross huge distances quickly, and precog, I doubt that Godzilla is likely to land a breath attack, assuming that he can't use Armament Haki to block or deflect it.
    He's got an aura similar to that too, it'd likely anger him.

His presence/murder of Ghidora cowed the other monsters and forced them to bow/disperse essentially.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by The Drunkard Kid View Post

good point. animals are shown to be more susceptible to conqueror's haki and can be easily frightened/cowed/tamed by it.