Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Dog View Post
    I seem to remember Luffy having pretty **** heat/flame resistance feats, since he's made of rubber and One Piece tends to go with "rubber is an insulator so any amount of lightning can't effect it, but heat melts rubber so heat/flame messes him up". And Godzilla's ambient field was turning steel to liquid seemingly near-instantly just by being inside it, so it had to be extremely hot. And the active bursts basically atomized Ghidorah faster than Monster Zero could regenerate, and Ghidorah was regrowing a lost head in a few minutes.

Of course, Whitebeard survived for a while and kept fighting after getting a fist of magma in the chest (anime) having half his head burned off (manga), so who knows.
    also, newgate blew out a magma ball like it was birthday candle.

i know it has nothing to do with the battle. just...............he extinguished molten rock by blowing on it.

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    also, newgate blew out a magma ball like it was birthday candle.

i know it has nothing to do with the battle. just...............he extinguished molten rock by blowing on it.
    What a blowhard.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Eh, not sure how effective Conqueror's Haki would be on Godzilla. And not really sure Godzilla would even notice the Strawhats unless they smacked the lizard in the eye (which is a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG way up).

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Eh, not sure how effective Conqueror's Haki would be on Godzilla. And not really sure Godzilla would even notice the Strawhats unless they smacked the lizard in the eye (which is a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG way up).
    I mean, Luffy can punch hard enough to flip over significant portions of a city.

Godzilla will notice it.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post

well there is really nothing to suggest he wouldn't be affected by haki. at least, nothing i've seen.

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

Luffy has easily stomped and tamed a Kraken that was easily crushing multiple massive ships at once, punched and befriended a whale the size of a mountain, and was about to singlehandedly destroy a ship the size of an island before a bunch of Sea Kings kept it from falling on the underwater island he was trying to protect.

Size isn't going to help Godzilla very much, is what I'm saying.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dog View Post
    I seem to remember Luffy having pretty **** heat/flame resistance feats, since he's made of rubber and One Piece tends to go with "rubber is an insulator so any amount of lightning can't effect it, but heat melts rubber so heat/flame messes him up". And Godzilla's ambient field was turning steel to liquid seemingly near-instantly just by being inside it, so it had to be extremely hot. And the active bursts basically atomized Ghidorah faster than Monster Zero could regenerate, and Ghidorah was regrowing a lost head in a few minutes.

Of course, Whitebeard survived for a while and kept fighting after getting a fist of magma in the chest (anime) having half his head burned off (manga), so who knows.
    By now, his armament haki should be able to counter the heat weakness. Not saying it can negate the steel melting heat, but the rubber weak against heat should no longer be valid.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    well there is really nothing to suggest he wouldn't be affected by haki. at least, nothing i've seen.
    Monsterverse Kaiju have a similar beast taming effect, or at least Alphas like Goji do

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    Yeah... Luffy blitzes him into oblivion in short order.

Burning Godzilla is a problem because his ambient field melts steel and all that.

That said, Luffy has been injected with poison that melts stone and kept on trucking. I'm trying to think of great resistance feats...
    I suspect Luffy in Gear 4 and with the benefit of his precof would be fast enough to just run away from the omnidirectional blasts. Burning Godzilla is inherently a temporary state.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Falcon View Post
    I suspect Luffy in Gear 4 and with the benefit of his precof would be fast enough to just run away from the omnidirectional blasts. Burning Godzilla is inherently a temporary state.
    That's true, his precog is combat viable now, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Falcon View Post
    Given the location, this seems fair.

Just out of curiosity, would you feel the Arena would change things? Like, how well could Luffy deal with the AoE if it DID manage to hit?
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post

Just out of curiosity, would you feel the Arena would change things? Like, how well could Luffy deal with the AoE if it DID manage to hit?
    Not great. I mean... he might live... possibly... like by the skin of teeth? He doesn't want to get hit by it is definitely the vibe.

For reference:

That's true, his precog is combat viable now, right?
    Yup. His precog is good enough now that he can advise far inferior fighters than himself how to move to avoid attacks from artificial devil fruit enhanced elite mooks. Luffy also saw the aftermath of a virus cannon blast from the head jailer and tied the cannon into a knot before it could fire.

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post

Seconding what Nim said. Luffy will at the very least be in no condition to continue fighting if he gets hit by Godzilla's AOE blast. He's never shown himself capable of coating his entire body in haki.
    Last edited by Lord Falcon; 09-17-2019 at 11:17 PM.

Astonishing Member

Not great. I mean... he might live... possibly... like by the skin of teeth? He doesn't want to get hit by it is definitely the vibe.

For reference:

Looks like Akainu all over again.

Extraordinary Member

I'd say that the most significant edge Luffy has over Godzilla is how much faster he is, especially with Gear 4. He can zip around and pummel big G with ridiculously powerful punch while dodging any counter attacks.

Godzilla on the other hand can only really hurt Luffy with his energy attacks. Remember that Luffy tanked Gecko Moria's island splitting super punch, as in taking no damage from it. And that was before the timeskip. I don't think Godzilla's physical strikes hit hard enough to do more than bounce Luffy around.

Burning Godzilla would be a major problem, but that required a Mothra sacrifice to activate.