Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Who are the Marvel billionaires?

In real life, there's the elite of the elite, the billionaires. They may live desirable lives, but I think it's safe to say they're not nearly as interesting as their comic book counterparts, as they don't have cool superpowers, futuristic tech, nor do they use their fortunes to fight bad guys, supervillains and world-ending entities.

But here, just who are the billionaires of Marvel?

To name some:

Tony Stark
    Reed Richards
    Charles Xavier
    Helmut Zemo
    Norman Osborn
    Emma Frost
    Danny Rand
    Namor
    Bobby da Costa
    Wilson Fisk
    Victor Von Doom
    T'Challa

Anyone else of note?

Xavier shouldn't be on the list, unless his finances have had an upturn since the eighties (entirely possible, my X-Men knowledge is pretty scrappy from the nineties onward), when he was having to ask Warren Worthington for cash (Warren was very rich since inheriting money in The Champions - don't know about now).

If we count the kingdom's money as personal fortune, Thor should count too.
    Bringing back the old, killing the young: that's the Marvel way

Quote Originally Posted by Panic View Post
    Xavier shouldn't be on the list, unless his finances have had an upturn since the eighties (entirely possible, my X-Men knowledge is pretty scrappy from the nineties onward), when he was having to ask Warren Worthington for cash (Warren was very rich since inheriting money in The Champions - don't know about now).
    Pretty sure he’s a billionaire. I remember it being mentioned in-universe.

Karma? I'm not sure exactly how much the Hitachi Corporation is worth.

Janet was always rich but after Hank's death and now being the owner of Pym tech/lab , she might be on that level?

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

Xavier was always megarich, coming from old colonial era money (that's how he got all his toys). The latest value is $3 billion (per Fantomex), but I would put it higher, tbh.

Not that it proves much, but back in the 80s Marvel RPG, Xavier and Angel had higher resources than Tony Stark.

Keep in mind that in the 80s, there were only about a dozen billionaires in the US. Today, there are hundreds.
    Last edited by MyriVerse; 09-17-2019 at 10:11 AM.
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

BANNED

Was the marvel character Warren Worthington III a billionaire in the Fox X-Men movies? If not then the character certainly is to be one whenever the character debuts in the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 616MarvelYear is LeapYear View Post
    Was the marvel character Warren Worthington III a billionaire in the Fox X-Men movies? If not then the character certainly is to be one whenever the character debuts in the Marvel Cinematic Universe.
    In the original continuity of the X-Men films, his father was a wealthy man who wanted him to take the "mutant cure" presented in The Last Stand, so in that respect, it was somewhat true to the comics. I'd also mention that as of Jonathan Hickman's X-Men, Xavier's revealed holdings make him (secretly) the wealthiest character in the Marvel Universe.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    I'd also mention that as of Jonathan Hickman's X-Men, Xavier's revealed holdings make him (secretly) the wealthiest character in the Marvel Universe.
    In all of the Marvel Universe? Are you sure? How is that even possible? What, does he own the Molecule Man, Mad Jim Jaspers, Franklin Richards or someone like that?

And if true, Charles is a completely useless character. He won't use his psionic abilities to purge mutant hatred from the entire species, which is well within his capabilities. Nor will he use his considerable wealth to completely own Washington and make America a perpetual safe haven for mutants -- or at the very least, obviate any anti-mutant politicos from ever setting foot in the halls of power. I like Hickman's writing, but what's the calculus here making Charles that wealthy?
    “True peace is not merely the absence of tension; it is the presence of justice.”
    ~Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

“If I love you, I have to make you conscious of what you don’t see.”
    ~James Baldwin

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    In all of the Marvel Universe? Are you sure? How is that even possible? What, does he own the Molecule Man, Mad Jim Jaspers, Franklin Richards or someone like that?

And if true, Charles is a completely useless character. He won't use his psionic abilities to purge mutant hatred from the entire species, which is well within his capabilities. Nor will he use his considerable wealth to completely own Washington and make America a perpetual safe haven for mutants -- or at the very least, obviate any anti-mutant politicos from ever setting foot in the halls of power. I like Hickman's writing, but what's the calculus here making Charles that wealthy?
    Apparently, one of the data pages in an X-Men issue showing Xavier's holdings.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hybrid View Post
    In real life, there's the elite of the elite, the billionaires. They may live desirable lives, but I think it's safe to say they're not nearly as interesting as their comic book counterparts, as they don't have cool superpowers, futuristic tech, nor do they use their fortunes to fight bad guys, supervillains and world-ending entities.

But here, just who are the billionaires of Marvel?

To name some:

Tony Stark
    Reed Richards
    Charles Xavier
    Helmut Zemo
    Norman Osborn
    Emma Frost
    Danny Rand
    Namor
    Bobby da Costa
    Wilson Fisk
    Victor Von Doom
    T'Challa

Anyone else of note?
    Rich X-peeps (not sure if any of them are actual *billionaires* include;

Charles Xavier
    Emma Frost
    Warren Worthington
    Betsy (and Brian?) Braddock?
    Monet St Croix
    Roberto DaCosta
    Julian Keller? (possibly he's been disinherited, and his family wasn't that rich anyway?)
    Xian Coy Manh
    Roxy Spaulding? (parents are rich rap stars, but not sure if that goes past 'lots of money' to 'billionaires')
    Forge (was quite rich from patents / govt work when introduced, but not much has been said of it in recent decades)
    Namor

Non mutants I can think of;
    Nighthawk (Kyle Richmond)
    Night Thrasher

Villains;
    Dario Agger of Roxxon
    the Kingpin
    Darren Cross

Yeah, definitely Brian. He has an ancestral home which he uses as a school (Braddock Academy), just like Xavier. He also has a second home, the lighthouse which served as Excalibur HQ.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I'm not sure Namor and T'Challa belong on this list. They certainly control more money than anyone on this list except each other, but it is not clear how much is their personal fortune. T'Challa in particular has had to subsist on as little as a school teachers salary during periods when he was deposed. So saying that they are rich is a bit like saying the President owns the US budget.

Pretty sure they’re loaded man.