Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    BANNED

T'Challa is not a billionaire. That's reserved for the class two levels below him.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    I don't think so.

1) His parents marriage probably was not recognized by the US, which would be mean he was illegitimate in the US and would fall under different requirements.

2) Namor was born before the repeal of residency requirements for US Citizenship at birth.
    His parent's marriage was recognized in Atlantis. I know of no reason why it would not be recognized by the United States. Under the law at the time the only possible restriction in the US would have been based upon race, which may not have been applicable for federal purposes.
    https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Leona...ie_(Earth-616)

As for citizenship: https://travel.state.gov/content/tra...rn-Abroad.html
    Birth Abroad in Wedlock to a U.S. Citizen and an Alien

A person born abroad in wedlock to a U.S. citizen and an alien acquires U.S. citizenship at birth if the U.S. citizen parent has been physically present in the United States or one of its outlying possessions prior to the person’s birth for the period required by the statute in effect when the person was born (INA 301(g), formerly INA 301(a)(7).) For birth on or after November 14, 1986, the U.S. citizen parent must have been physically present in the United States or one of its outlying possessions for five years prior to the person’s birth, at least two of which were after the age of fourteen. For birth between December 24, 1952 and November 13, 1986, the U.S. citizen parent must have been physically present in the United States or one of its outlying possessions for 10 years prior to the person’s birth, at least five of which were after the age of 14 for the person to acquire U.S. citizenship at birth. The U.S. citizen parent must be the genetic or the gestational parent and the legal parent of the child under local law at the time and place of the child’s birth to transmit U.S. citizenship.

I could not find what the law was prior to 1952.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    He has his brother to thank for that. Did the authorities even know that was a new Night Thrasher working with those depowered X-Men? He actually used an image inducer to make sure the truth about his identity didn't get out.
    eh, no. he made this comment during the Contest of Champions series. this was Dwayne plucked from a time prior to being killed. and he was referencing the technology that lined his costume; that allowed him to free everyone from the Maestro's prison. so Dwayne has Dwayne to thank for that/had no idea that Donyell was running the foundation. i'm pretty sure that Donyell was draining the Taylor Foundation's resources to re-outfit the abandoned Murder World base, acquire time travel tech, and hire those random tech geniuses whose names i don't want to remember. and some of the stuff was outright stolen. **** Donyell.

Last edited by Michael Watkins; 09-18-2019 at 06:05 AM.

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by terrancejameson View Post
    T'Challa is not a billionaire. That's reserved for the class two levels below him.
    Wakanda's tech is based on trinary code. So maybe T'Challa is a trillionaire! YAH!
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    eh, no. he made this comment during the Contest of Champions series. this was Dwayne plucked from a time prior to being killed. and he was referencing the technology that lined his costume; that allowed him to free everyone from the Maestro's prison. so Dwayne has Dwayne to thank for that/had no idea that Donyell was running the foundation. i'm pretty sure that Donyell was draining the Taylor Foundation's resources to re-outfit the abandoned Murder World base, acquire time travel tech, and hire those random tech geniuses whose names i don't want to remember. and some of the stuff was outright stolen. **** Donyell.

That was actually one of the better moments in Al Ewing's Contest of Champions. It's just a shame not much has been done with Night Thrasher since.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Adam Brashear should be a billionaire, since I seriously doubt that a mere millionaire would be able to buy the land, build and routinely upgrade a technologically advanced base in the Mariana Trench for over half a century. Don't get me started on the satellites that he has in space, or the global teleportation platforms that he owns, or like Stark and Richards, all of the other advanced tech that likely requires billions of dollars to create, research and develop through a full production cycle to completion. Heck, just one of those snazzy Neutral Zone armored suits that he has must have cost hundreds of millions to create. He has enough of those to furnish his Ultimates teammates.

That said, Blue Marvel definitely isn't the type to disclose how wealthy he is. Quite the contrary. He reminds me of my AP Physics teacher, who was a multimillionaire, but drove the same beat up VW Beetle that he'd owned since the early 70s to work everyday. It's not until he invites the entire class to his coastal estate with its own private beach that we realized that the cool son of a bitch was loaded to the gills. Best teacher ever. Damn, I miss that dude.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    That was actually one of the better moments in Al Ewing's Contest of Champions. It's just a shame not much has been done with Night Thrasher since.
    true. but he is one of the 3 X's now and actively involved in a pretty important mystery. i'll take quality over quantity in the short term. could be a lot worse. he could be Squirrel Girl's foil.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    true. but he is one of the 3 X's now and actively involved in a pretty important mystery. i'll take quality over quantity in the short term. could be a lot worse. he could be Squirrel Girl's foil.
    Point taken. Very well taken.

I can also see JudicatorPrime's point about Adam Brashear/Blue Marvel just not being the type to show off his wealth, which would be an interesting contrast in characterization with Tony Stark/Iron Man.

BANNED

Daredevil #62 Mar 1970
    "Quoth the Nighthawk, "Nevermore!""
    When trying to stop two crooks from robbing the box office of a movie theater,
    Daredevil runs into Nighthawk, who captures the crook and takes all the credit.

Afterwards, Nighthawk aka Kyle Richmond returns to his home,
    a large mansion where he recounts how a formula gave him his powers
    and how he was once recruited by the Grandmaster to fight the Avengers.

This starts a series of episodes where Daredevil is upstaged by Nighthawk, which discredits DD in the public eye
    and gives Karen more ammunition to pressure Matt into giving up his Daredevil identity.
    However, realizing something fishy is up,

DD tricks Nighthawk into boasting how he's been staging the crimes to discredit DD and also reap
    benefits from crime at the same time, into a recorder which broadcasts his words to the people on the street.

This leads to a fight between DD and Nighthawk which takes them to the New York subway, where Nighthawk manages
    to escape by jumping between an oncoming subway train to make his escape, vowing to one day get revenge on Daredevil.

Script by Roy Thomas, pencils by Gene Colan, inks by Syd Shores

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Panic View Post
    Xavier shouldn't be on the list, unless his finances have had an upturn since the eighties (entirely possible, my X-Men knowledge is pretty scrappy from the nineties onward), when he was having to ask Warren Worthington for cash (Warren was very rich since inheriting money in The Champions - don't know about now).
    Was the marvel character Warren Worthington III a billionaire in the Fox X-Men movies? If not then the character certainly is to be one whenever the character debuts in the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

Quote Originally Posted by 616MarvelYear is LeapYear View Post
    Was the marvel character Warren Worthington III a billionaire in the Fox X-Men movies? If not then the character certainly is to be one whenever the character debuts in the Marvel Cinematic Universe.
    In the original continuity of the X-Men films, his father was a wealthy man who wanted him to take the "mutant cure" presented in The Last Stand, so in that respect, it was somewhat true to the comics. I'd also mention that as of Jonathan Hickman's X-Men, Xavier's revealed holdings make him (secretly) the wealthiest character in the Marvel Universe.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    I'd also mention that as of Jonathan Hickman's X-Men, Xavier's revealed holdings make him (secretly) the wealthiest character in the Marvel Universe.
    In all of the Marvel Universe? Are you sure? How is that even possible? What, does he own the Molecule Man, Mad Jim Jaspers, Franklin Richards or someone like that?

And if true, Charles is a completely useless character. He won't use his psionic abilities to purge mutant hatred from the entire species, which is well within his capabilities. Nor will he use his considerable wealth to completely own Washington and make America a perpetual safe haven for mutants -- or at the very least, obviate any anti-mutant politicos from ever setting foot in the halls of power. I like Hickman's writing, but what's the calculus here making Charles that wealthy?
    “True peace is not merely the absence of tension; it is the presence of justice.”
    ~Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

“If I love you, I have to make you conscious of what you don’t see.”
    ~James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    In all of the Marvel Universe? Are you sure? How is that even possible? What, does he own the Molecule Man, Mad Jim Jaspers, Franklin Richards or someone like that?

And if true, Charles is a completely useless character. He won't use his psionic abilities to purge mutant hatred from the entire species, which is well within his capabilities. Nor will he use his considerable wealth to completely own Washington and make America a perpetual safe haven for mutants -- or at the very least, obviate any anti-mutant politicos from ever setting foot in the halls of power. I like Hickman's writing, but what's the calculus here making Charles that wealthy?
    Apparently, one of the data pages in an X-Men issue showing Xavier's holdings.

BANNED

X-Men: The Last Stand confirmed the marvel character Warren Worthington III to be a billionair which is original continuity.

Did that remain in X-Men: Apocalypse the revised continuity? I mean, was the character a cage-fighter to earn money or something?

Quote Originally Posted by 616MarvelYear is LeapYear View Post
    X-Men: The Last Stand confirmed the marvel character Warren Worthington III to be a billionair which is original continuity.

Did that remain in X-Men: Apocalypse the revised continuity? I mean, was the character a cage-fighter to earn money or something?
    He might have been disowned by his family for being a mutant, which would explain him being a cage-fighter all the way in Germany.